“Not a bad lay (Cozy setting for work or vacay)”

Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area)
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Uunited States
“Not a bad lay (Cozy setting for work or vacay)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My clients and I enjoyed our stay, nice clean well lit rooms. Most of the staff were professional and friendly with the exception of two that I did not care much for their demeanor and or mannerism towards me.

Hotel close to major highways, malls and restaurants. Free Parking, free Internet (a plus) and conveniently located . Complimentary cookies and coffee not bad at all.

Would I stay there again? absolutely; would I accommodate my clients there again? definitely!
Theresa, Devon and Andy can handle my booking any day.

After a long days work and our event rapped up at Syracuse University I went back to my hotel room were I laid and slept like a baby almost missed my early morning flight!.

So why a 4 point rating and not 5? Like I said 2 of the staff members were not as welcoming as the others, if I had to deal with them alone I would have probably left and stayed at another hotel.

P.S. if using a GPS, remember to put the city as Liverpool and not Syracuse, because it will take you the opposite way to an address in Syracuse. Enjoy your stay.

Ms. J.L. Brooks

Room Tip: Any rooms on the 3rd floor facing the highways.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hamptonsyrnorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area), responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Ms Brooks,
Thank you for your feedback! I wll be sure to pass along to Theresa, Devon, and Andy how pleased you were with their service.

Jacqui Paikin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have stayed at the hotel at 3 times a year and never had any problems. When we made the reservations we always requested room 103. When we checked in upon arrival on Ocober 15th the front desk person said the room was taken. Someone had switched our room. After my wife spoke to her she started having a attitude problem. They gave us a room that we were not satisfied with. The water would not drain from the sink and toilet kept running. We requested another room which we accepted but could not switch to room to all most 12 noon, which wasted a half a day for us. The front desk clerks in the am thought it was a big joke talking about us and laughing. They also told the housekeepers about our situation, so we were the topic of discussion for the next. three days we were there. The sales manager or what ever she was was in on this with the rest of the staff. They should of been professional enough to drop the situation instead of everyone knowing about it. My wife ask the person for hand towels for our room and she never gave the to us. I am handicapped and had to you use the men's restroom in the lobby. Someone had broken the toilet and they did not fix it for three days, so I had to go outside of the hotel to use a restroom. They did not offer us a free night or nothing for the problems we encountered

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hamptonsyrnorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area), responded to this review, November 11, 2013
John,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor experience you had during your recent stay with us. We value your satisfaction as a returning guest and regret that we were unable to provide the quality accommodations and service you have come to expect from us. We will use your comments as we consistently look for new ways to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations and we hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality experience you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Rochester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a great experience at this Hampton Inn. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful, the location was great-easy to find with directions from the hotel and it's nearness to SU was wonderful. Also, the morning breakfast was delicious! Thank you for a wonderful weekend stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Richard H
Hamptonsyrnorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area), responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your stay with us, Richard. We hope to see you again soon!

syracuse, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Excellent staff very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great!! The location was right near where my business connection was and the area was easily traversed to meet all my needs. The local restaurant was excellent and I ate their both nights. I can't say enough about the quality of the accommodations and how helpful all the staff were. The room itself was large and welcoming and had all the amenities that I could want. Every time I needed something from the front desk the were prompt and very helpful. I would recommend this Hampton over many that I have stayed in around the country. Obviously location is key to a stay but if the other Hamptons could bottle this staffs friendly demeanor and helpfulness the whole hotel system would benefit. Not all hotel chains are the same in the way they provide service. The Hampton Inn in Syracuse is exceptional it the way it provides for its customers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank James G T
James, I cannot wait to share your positive feedback at our next staff meeting. Thank you!

Geneva, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Fantastic! Great staff, friendly, clean, easily accessible to Syracuse airport. No problems at all with this hotel. If you ever need a place to stay in Syracuse, especially near the airport I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Phil W
Phil, Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Bellmore, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton, the staff was helpful and courteous. Although it was very busy due to a Syracuse football game, we had a good stay. The breakfast was well maintained and the staff made sure the area was well stocked.,we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliment, Peter!
Long Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Outstanding customer service and very comfortable rooms. Excellent breakfast offerings with a large variety of choices. Fresh fruit, snacks and freshly baked cookies available during non- breakfast hours. I would definately stay at this hotel on a fguture visit to Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mary R
Hamptonsyrnorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area), responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review with Trip Advisor for our hotel. I cannot wait to share your compliments with my team!

Jacqui Paikin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Quality Inn near Destiny USA
Quality Inn near Destiny USA
#11 of 12 in Liverpool

Been to Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!