“*EXCELLENT SERVICE*”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
new york
“*EXCELLENT SERVICE*”
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool. I wanted to take a few moments to comment on the experience I had while staying at this property. I first wanted to say that the hotel has undergone an amazing renovation. When I first arrived in the lobby area I couldnt believe that this was a Holiday Inn it is so upscale. The staff here was amazing they made us feel like family. The guest rooms were outstanding, with flat screen televisions I felt right at home. I know when people are reading these posts they are usually only reading the bad experiences that people had but that was not the case here. Our stay was amazing and we will be back here to stay soon!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
NY
Reviewed October 1, 2009

This hotel just went through a major renovation and it all turned out lovely. The rooms were very clean and fresh with new everything. The meeting rooms looked very nice as we walked around the building. The best part of the hotel was the fantastic service from the friendly staff. The whole stay was very pleasant. We will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 11, 2009

When traveling for the weekend with my family we booked a room without any knowledge of the ongoing asbestos removal going on at the hotel. Floors 1-6 would be undergoing the removal for months and neither the website nor the reservation desk had informed us of this! It was not until our arrival and the Health Department signs posted on every door as well as the entire lobby covered in tape and plastic did we find out about the construction/removal project! We promptly cancelled our reservation for a full refund (thankfully) and moved to another hotel nearby. Fortunately, the hotel granted a full refund.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I stayed here for four nights of April of 09. First I asked for a room with a double bed and was told after reserving the room three months in advance no rooms available. I had to move the following day when my roomate arrived to a room with 2 double beds.
The hotel is old, dated and dirty. In both rooms I was in the A/C controls looked like they were never cleaned since the hotel opened. They was a green mold around the industrial toilet in both rooms. When I asked the front desk about ventilation I was told to open a window. The elevators are slow so i used the stairs and there was food in the stairways. Another disappointing experience at a Holiday INN. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Watertown, NY
Reviewed February 1, 2009

My husband and I spent one night at the Holiday Inn in Liverpool, NY for a leisurely getaway on my birthday, on January 31, 2009.

Upon arriving, we were impressed with the sprawling size and outside appearance of the hotel. There wasn’t a lot of parking space in the first place; the snow on the ground was plowed, but not as well as it could have been, reducing parking options even more.

The lobby was clean, modern and attractive. The desk clerk was friendly and acted as if she’d been expecting us. Check-in was speedy. She confirmed without us asking that we were Priority Club members and gave us a choice of coupons for their restaurant: $6 off dinner, or $4 off breakfast. (We chose the latter.) She gave us two complimentary bottled waters and directions to our room.

We reserved a non-smoking room with a king-sized bed online; we were pleased with the accuracy of the room we were actually given. The room was somewhat small, but not claustrophobic. It made good use of space availiable. The decor was taseful. The bed was comfortable, with lots of nice, fluffy pillows. Linens were clean. TV worked fine. Complimentary internet access was handy, and the workspace was adequate and comfortable. We were disappointed that there was no mini-fridge in our room, but the ice machine was easy to find, so we made due. Full-sized ironing board & iron were provided. Coffee maker was kinda chintzy; only brewed one pot.

Shortly after our arrival, the hotel manager called to ask if everything was to our satisfaction. Nice touch.

The bathroom was tiny, but clean. Hot water took time, but eventually warmed up to a satisfactory temperature. The soaps provided had a pleasant scent and were non-irritating. Blow dryer worked.

Breakfast was disappointing. The dining room was nice-looking and the service extremely friendly. The coffee was very good, and the wait time for our food was reasonable. My meal was fine; a poached egg with rye toast. The toast was homemade and as ordered, with no butter. The egg was nicely done. I asked that OJ be substituted for my fresh fruit. I was served a generous portion of juice, but I could tell right away that it was either from a bottle or carton. My husband gave his breakfast a horrible review. He said that the home fries were obviously frozen, and very dry. He ordered a Denver Omelet, which contained ham and chopped vegetables. While the egg was fine, the veggies inside were, once again, frozen and not fresh. Also, instead of being mixed in with the egg, it was weirdly stuffed inside the folded omelet, like a sort of breakfast burrito. Wheat toast was homemade and good. We thought the food was a tad overpriced. Our waitress- I think her name was Mary- was friendly and pleasant.

All in all, we were pleased with our stay. The location is convenient. The staff is professional and eager to please. Price of rooms is reasonable. If some improvements are made in the food service, the place would get four thumbs up from us. As of now, we give it three.

• Liked — Location and friendly staff
  • Disliked — The food.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2008

I suspect this was a really nice property for Holiday Inn back when it opened – my guess circa 1970. Dark colors, heavy wall paper, dark brown carpet, and indirect lighting make you feel like you’re living in a cave after a day or so. While I realize this was en vogue at one time, any more it just feels oppressive in a geographic region that can, frankly, use all the help it can get. (One might note that the nearby Carousel Mall is bedecked in bright colors with loads of skylights!) The other striking feature was the bed and the bedding. In this day and age where nearly EVERY hotel has changed over to down comforters and duvet covers, this place holds dear to an old gnarly bedspread that looks like it’s seen a million inhabitants! Our room was, as best we could tell, basically clean, but it’s hard to tell when things are looking so dingy to begin with.

The bathroom is truly an engineering marvel, with exactly a half-inch clearance between the door and the toilet, and an industrial strength flusher that reminds me of the boys room in junior high school. And the retrofitted bathtub cover had pulled free from the bathtub floor, creating a cushion of air that is at least a little disquieting.

The top of the nostalgic experience, however, was a visit to the restaurant, where the ‘muzack’ must have been the same eight-track tape they purchased when the facility went on line. (Don’t know where one would subscribe to “The Greatest Hits of the 60s” today)

Having said all this, the staff was welcoming and helpful, and certainly working to make our stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and indeed, it’s evident that renovations are well under way – but they clearly have a long way to go. I doubt I’ll ever come back to see if they made it. There must be much better choices in the price range.

• Liked — The staff - they're really trying!
  • Disliked — Out of the way and not worth the effort
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We stayed here one night. They were doing some renovations - but no work over the weekend when we were there - so it was quiet.

We had a standard king room. It was clean. Overall appearance was clean.

Desk staff was friendly. We had free time and wanted to see a movie. They recommended a large mall with movie theater which was a short distance away.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!