“Very rude front desk personnel. Room too cold. Toilet nasty and very small hitting the door.”

Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I came in after a 13 hr workday at around 1230 am. I was exhausted and was given a room that was too cold rm 528 so I called front desk and he sent maintenance. The guy said its broken so he transfered me to another rm which is 538. He was nice. I was too tired to take my stuff but he helped me. So I asked the front desk if I can get at least something like breakfast and he sarcasticallg laughed at me. I said wherebi work if I spill something I give them free snacks or cocktails. He said no. No apologies nothing. Such a bad representation of the company. The toilet is facing in an angle so u have to go sideways to close the door. The bowlnis stained brown stuff and the bathroom is small. No place to place makeup on the counter. My make up keep falling to the side. Horrible.

• Stayed: June 2013
HolidayInnLiverpool, Manager at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your review as we do appreciate all feedback. I do apologize that the original room was uncomfortable for you and you had to change rooms. Thank you for letting us know that our staff was helpful with their quick response. In regards to the front desk, we are sorry to hear that the customer service you received was inadequate. Our main goal is for all of our guests to leave happy and satisfied. With the help of feedback like yours, we will continue to strive for our goal of 100% satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

For a quick one night stop over, I must compliment the staff for treating us as if we were regulars!
Nice clean property. Breakfast could have been better but the service quality certainly made up for a small shortcoming

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnLiverpool, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass along the compliments to the front desk and restaurant staff. They are certainly appreciated. Hopefully you can stay a little bit longer with us in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The only downfall I have to say is I tried to take a shower and the water never really got hot. Other than that the room was nice, service was nice, and I would recommend it to others that are traveling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
HolidayInnLiverpool, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, with the exception of your shower. Fortunately, we did just replace our hot water tank at the end of last week. Hopefully you'll join us again in the future and you'll have a perfect stay!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great location for visiting customer. Good restaurant, selection limited, but good portions and great flavor, great staff. Right off highway, traffic light makes entering and exiting driveway easy, and many restaurants nearby as well as shopping centers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool. Our great staff and convenient location our 2 of our top qualities. With all of the additions to DestinyUSA and the Village of Liverpool we are within 3 miles of 20+ restaurants, including our own Niagara Room. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a conference and was pleasantly surprised. My last stay at a Holiday Inn was many years ago and I had since taken my business to new hotels, which offered updated design and better service. I was pleased to find my room was lovely, clean and large.
The conference meals were over priced and as underwelming, as one usually finds at conventions, however, the restaurant dinner in the dining room, the night before the convention began was excellent. I enjoyed a huge rib eye prepared to perfection! The service was amazing and the atmosphere was delightful. Breakfast in the hotel dining room was very good and the staff cheerful. The front desk and dining staff for all the conference meals, were friendly and helpful. It would not take much to add a few more items to the conference buffets and upgrade each meal from so so, to very nice. The old saying "being penny wise and pound foolish" comes to mind. I give kudo's to the management at this very nice property and won't hesitate to recommend it to others looking for a great venue for their next conference. I would like to recommend that extra outlets be added to the guestrooms for charging cell phones and the iron and at least two higher wattage bulbs in the lights.

• Stayed: April 2013

We are happy to hear that your return to Holiday Inn was a success! With our recent renovations we are very proud of the product that we have to offer and our wonderful staff make it that much better. Thank you for your comments regarding our food & beverage. We did just hire a new Food & Beverage Director and we will be updating our menus and presenation in the future. The comments that you have provided will be very helpful. Hopefully you will think about us while planning your next conference.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in the middle of winter, which in Syracuse are usually combined with lots of snow. The hotel is conveniently locate off of exit 37 on the NYS Thruway, so there wasn't any difficulty with lots of snow on the roads.

The hotel is recently renovated and feels really comfortable. The rooms are spacious, clean and very much up to date. The bathrooms are small, but functional. At first it is a bit disconcerting to see an industrial size valve assemly, the ones commonly used in public bathrooms, attached to the toilet instead of the usual reservoir. Since space is limited in the bathrooms, it made sense to see something like that.

Complimentary coffee in the morning is a nice touch. Staff is friendly and check-in and out were very efficient. Very nice and convenient hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I just finished staying here for a Convention and the facilities were so much more spacious than our last place. As it was a convention for music teachers and students...a LOT of students, space for practice, concerts and presentations was important and this was perfect. The staff was very helpful, housekeeping was thorough and friendly, and the service at the restaurant was superb especially Mary at Breakfast! When I mentioned at breakfast that this particular conference would be returning next year, everyone was happy! With over 200 students staying 2 night...they said we could stay every weekend if we wanted to. They were impressed with the maturity of the junior and senior high school students! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!