“Closet-sized Bathroom”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Wilmington, Delaware
“Closet-sized Bathroom”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it was dated. So we were happily surprised when we walked into the lobby to see the place had been refurbished. But when we walked into our spacious king room, we were unhappy to see that the bathroom appeared to have been included as an after-thought. It was ridiculously small, but the worst part was that, despite the postage stamp size of the bathroom, the lights above the mirror were large, bright and so HOT that you could not stay in the bathroom for more than a couple of minutes. You felt as though you were standing close to the sun. I hope the other rooms are designed with a better use of space, but I suspect otherwise, except perhaps for the handicapped-accessible rooms.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Upstate
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We made "sleep and fly" reservations and were very pleased with this hotel. Staff was helpful and responsive and check in was quick. They arranged for an early shuttle to the airport which arrived exactly on time. Wake up call was on time. Room was very clean and more than adequate. We carefully inspected the sheets and mattresses which were either brand new or well maintained. On return, the shuttle was reasonably quick to retrieve us. For about $130, the hotel included free parking for a full month while we were on our trip. I thought that was a good deal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Rochester
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I called to ask for early check in since my husband had business in the area, so that my children and I could go swimming. When we arrived we discovered the pool is only open from 3PM- 10PM weird hours....but they did accomodate the early check in request, so we got our room, dropped off our stuff and the kids and I went to eat lunch at the restaurant there. I was happy to discover that "kids eat free", our waitress was delightfully friendly and very personable and atttentive. Later we did swim- the pool attendant sat reading, very disinterested in anyone and unmoved by the fact that there were no longer any complimentary towels. the pool also does not really have a shallow end- the lowest depth is 3 and a half feet, and my children are young (and short) I was in the pool with them so that was OK, but there is no poolside seating or place to set anything- like your dry clothes, or book or camera, and the deck area is quite narrow.
Whenever we travel, due to recent "bedbug" news stories, I have always checked over our beds prior to getting in- this time I did not. In the morning when my children rose from the second bed, I was both shocked and horrified to discover blood stained sheets. I took photos. When I presented the photo to the desk clerk he immediately refunded our $$. Small consolation. I can only Hope that there were no OTHER bodily fluids in the beds since these sheets had obviously NOT been changed! Resolve to always check the beds ever more carefully in the future... that is not a simple oversight, on the part of the housekeeping staff! It is a serious health hazard and violation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank sarahk_11
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My friend and I were looking for a decent hotel close to shopping and restaurants in Syracuse/Waterloo. Being two women, we wanted something clean and in an area we felt safe. Also, close to all the shopping venues we were interested in. This hotel fit the bill wonderfully. The hotel had a nice appearance outside and in. Our room and other areas of the hotel were clean, comfortable and the staff was super friendly and easy to talk to. The night we arrived the hotel was full. There was a Youth Conference and a Wedding. We met and talked to many people all of which were really friendly. This hotel is situated just off the I90. Was within 45 minutes driving distance to the Premium Outlets of Waterloo and a 3 KM from the Carousel Center. There were plently of restaurants and other services just up the road and the surrounding neighbourhoods had stately homes in mature settings. Definitely would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay alone, with friends, with children or with a spouse.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Charleston
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Great Hotel and Location. I really like this hotel because it was very nice inside and outside. It looks like they have been recently renovated so everything was pretty nice. The entire staff there, especially Mike and David( think that's his name) were very nice and accommodating. True example of excellent customer service. We really enjoyed our comfortable king size bed and the quiet room except for kids running in the hall. In the room everything was clean and it was very spacious. The bathroom was smaller than I expected and the commode was put in a odd place but it served its purpose. Overall I really think this a great hotel to stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Electronics Pkwy this past weekend for a scrapbooking weekend with the girls. The hotel was clean and very nice. The staff was amazing. From the people who served the food in the conference rooms to the front desk to housekeeping, they were all incredibly friendly and professional. I needed an extra blanket at 1a.m. and it was at my door within minutes. Every staff member we encountered had a smile on their face. Not always the case these days. They made the weekend!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We use this hotel for Park and Fly and love the convenience. You can leave your car for longer periods of time and if you are a Priority Club guest you get a lot of nice perks like discount at breakfast or dinner and a goodie bag when you check in. We've tried other hotels for Park and Fly in Syracuse and they were more expensive and not as nice. The renovations are still ongoing. The rooms are nice now but bathrooms are tiny! Carousel Mall is close for shopping as are restaurants.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!