“Disappointing”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Westfield, MA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 24, 2007

The hotel was somewhat dirty. The hallway carpets looked as if the vacuum cleaners were on strike. In my room, the soap dish was sprinkled with whiskers from a previous shaver. The tub drain was clogged with hair. I left a note for the maid to clean it, which she did. But then she replaced the shampoo in the shower with hand lotion, which I found out too late. The bar in the lobby was decent- good bartender. The food (breakfast and dinner) was so-so. Buffet was not offered while I was there. I'm normally a fan of Holiday Inn, but this one came up short.

• Liked — Proximity to my destination.
  • Disliked — The lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
ottawa
Reviewed October 7, 2007

warning... this hotel has bedbugs... 2nd floor has em, likely the others do too. rm#228 had them for sure... we got moved and got our money back... not that I feel any better because of it.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

UK
Reviewed May 9, 2007

This place is ancient and looks like it hasn't had an upgrade since it was built. Bathrooms are very old-fashioned and cramped. Rooms themselves are well worn and the beds and bedding in particular belong in a skip. The breakfast is called a buffet, but in reality is extremely limited in choice. The only positive is the staff, who were in the main efficient and friendly. Avoid.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The overall condition of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank 78cgs
Stanhope, New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2006

I stayed here on business for one night. Check-in was quick and painless. Front desk staff very friendly and answered questions quickly and correctly.

The room was king size non-smoking and although the room was very large and nicely furnished, the bathroom was very small. Both bathroom and room were very clean and I had no problems at all with noise of any kind.

I used the computers to check email. Everything worked fine there as well.

As far as food I eat breakfast there and had the buffet. It was good quality at decent price.

I didn't notice any airplane noise but the next morning I did hear a plane that was rather close by.

I'd recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank mayormcneilly
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed April 28, 2005

I actually did not stay at the hotel, but attended an event in the Conference Center. I wanted to make a cash purchase at the event and I needed to go to the ATM machine. Upon approaching the front desk, I was told "it's across the street" by the desk manager. I guess I was to assume it was at the Hess Gas Station or the fast food joint next to it, but she never said.
So I then asked her if I could cash a check for $20.00 and she said the minimum was $50.00. I agreed and wrote the check. She took the check and said "oh, it will be awhile". Awhile? I was in a hurry and wanted to return to the session I was attending in the conference center. (She proceeded to call the bank to verify my account). It took a minute or two. But why would she say "awhile"? VERY RUDE! - and she was MANAGER!
What major hotel with a CONFERENCE CENTER would be TOO CHEAP to spring for an ATM machine for the convenience of their customers? It was raining cats & dogs that day, PLUS it is a very busy & dangerous intersection. People don't typically WALK across that particular intersection. I would have missed too much of the conference if I got in my car & DROVE across the street, not to mention finding a parking spot in the already packed parking lot.
I have NEVER HEARD of ANY HOTEL, let alone one with a CONVENTION CENTER - NOT having an ATM MACHINE - ON THE PREMISES!

Stayed April 2005
4 Thank 1HappyFlyer
YvonneOlin, Management at Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2008
The hotel is pleased to say that an ATM can be found in the business center, located Lobby level. We appreciate your feedback.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 19, 2003

We recently attended an event held at this hotel. This even had people attending from all over the country and overseas. Guests arrived to both rudeness and several hotel mistakes. All hotel errors were approached with an extremely poor attitude and extrememly poor customer service. The hotel, staff and management approached all complaints with an arrogant air and blatantly let it be known that they in fact did not care about customer service, nor guest happiness.I made the reservations 5 months prior to the event. Two of the three parties arrived the evening prior to me. They called and informed the hotel that they would be arriving late, in the early morning hours. They were greeted with, "I am checking in 70 people, your reservations are made, but I am too busy to talk further with you" and the person on the phone hung up. When the first party arrived, the reservations were not saved, even though they were secured on a credit card for guaranteed late arrival. Not only were those reservations canceled, but the 3rd parties reservations were canceled, mine, for the following night. The first party had to sleep in a one bred room and one of that party had to sleep in a chair.The 2nd party arrived two hours later, after picking up her husband from the Syracuse airport and with two children along. They also were put into a one bedroom room and the children had to squeeze into the chair to sleep.The following morning they had to pack back up and be moved to a proper room.The rest of the week was plaqued with the air not working, nor was it ever repaired in any of our three rooms, no hot water, the bathtubs not draining, continued rude service, insults slung from hotel staff, and the final straw was upon checkout where some of our party was harassed at that time and had more insults flung upon them by the staff and management. The hotel put all three of the rooms on one guests credit card and charged it against their account. They had to remove that and fix that mistake. The hotel management ibility. At no time were apologies offered and at no time did they say they were sorry for any of the mistakes the hotel made.Upon the return hiome, we contacted Bass Hotels, the mother company for Holiday Inn. Only to have them also not offer any apology and staing that came directly from the general manager of the hotel in Syracuse.The experience at this one hotel was enough to permanently sour me on both Holiday Inn and Bass Hotels. Persoanlly, I travel frequently, putting 40,000 miles a year on my vehicles. I have never had a complaint against any hotel. But, I do know I would never suggest this hotel to anyone and will never use another Holiday Inn, or Bass Hotel.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!