All reviews outdoor pool main building living room full kitchen staff went out of their way home away from home breakfast was delicious great place to stay would definitely stay here again business trip destiny usa king bed rooms are spacious housekeeping staff the entire staff oatmeal minute drive
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Keeping in mind we had a quick stay at this hotel, I didn't get to check everything out that I normally would, but it was a perfect stay and well worth it, I would stay here again.

The trip actually came up last minute for something family related, so I book the hotel from my house the day of the stay, so the prices were a bit high for being last minute, but I used my Hilton Honors Points for a free room. We got the hotel a little but past midnight, and checking in was a breeze. The person there was very helpful in telling us our room, where we should park, and what part of the hotel to walk in on. We then just stayed in the "Lodge" (the breakfast area) and had a cup of tea, then went to go park.

The room was very nice. It was clean and had a very nice vibe to it, the bed was very big for a King, and quite comfortable and cozy. The kitchen was very up-to-date, along with the TV's. The seperate rooms were a plus (bedroom, living room, kitchen).

In the morning for breakfast we left the room and went to the "Lodge" for breakfast. The "Lodge" and check in, by the way, had a nature/hunting/forest/animal theme, so there were antlers on the walls andmainly pictures of animals. It was a cute theme for me, and didn't seem to make the hotel look old or odd. Check out was also easy.

There were just two things I would like to point out that were not a huge problem, but just noteworthy. One is that the front desk and breakfast area building is NOT connected to any rooms. You leave that building to go to your room, so like for breakfast you have to go outside and walk to that building for breakfast, keeping in mind that Syracuse can get quite chilly in the winter. This wasn't a problem for me, but if that sounds like something you won't like, then it's just a warning. Also, when we entered the room it was cold, but with ease we raised the temp back up to something warm and cozy in no time.

Overall perfect stay, I would come back!

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank WhalersTravel
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We booked 2 rooms for a weekend stay. Upon check-in Tiffany warmly greeted us, she took the time to explain everything about the hotel.
Homewood Suites are extended stay hotels, which to me is like having your own apartment for the weekend...kitchen, living room, private bedroom...it's all there.
The main building where breakfast/managers reception is is not attached to any of the buildings...you do have to walk outside (and Liverpool can get pretty darn cold) to go to the "Lodge" There is coffee/tea and at times muffins/cookies available. The furnishings in the lodge do remind you of an Adirondack cabin...rustic, woodsy, very well thought out. One surprise..a pool table! Yep..in the game room there was a pool table. Also in the lodge is a large meeting/gathering room upstairs. The exercise room was in the front building.
Our room was great...large bedroom, separate bathroom, and a fireplace. Kitchen had a 2 burner cook top and micro. I was thrilled to see a recycle basket in the kitchen.
As far as the condition of the hotel, it was well looked after. It did seem a bit older but the care and upkeep were evident.
I've got to compliment the staff at being so genuinely friendly..all 3 of us took note of the welcoming feel and how everyone was 'nice!' A huge "thank you" to Sharon in the kitchen. Thinking we had an oven in our room I brought cookies to bake..no oven, no problem...she went out of her way to help me, and stuff like that you just don't come across all the time.
Our reason for picking this location was simple...we needed to be in Oswego Friday night and Cortland Saturday night..Syracuse being in the 'middle' seemed perfect, we picked Homewood Suites because of their separate bedroom area.

Date of stay: December 2009
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We were traveling to a wedding with our 5 month old son, so we brought my teenage sister along to watch him while we were at the reception. This hotel worked out really well, since it had a "separate" area for her to sleep, (a fold out couch in the "living room area"), and it also had a full kitchen which was great since we brought his food and bottles and needed a full fridge, and also so she could make something for herself for dinner. We wished it had an indoor pool as Syracuse is touchy weather, even in the summer, but it wasn't that big of a deal. The location was great as it was not far at all from the Carosel Mall. Also, we have to rave about the breakfast. It was great to have a hot breakfast Sunday morning, and we just took our time and relaxed in that main lodge after we ate. All in all we were very satisfied.

Date of stay: August 2009
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I stayed with 2 teenage boys on Aug 04 2009. Non smoking room due to kids with allergies. Walked in room and it didnt just smell like smoke, it reeked. I immediately opened windows and called desk. They said they couldnt help me , that hotel was booked (which was odd since hotel appeared empty at hour we checked in). I persisted and they sent an ionizor up and told us to leave the room, for an hour. We were never recontacted and they left the ionizor in the room for the night. If housekeeping cant at least spray a little Lysol, are they even changing the sheets.. There were dogs parking in many rooms left unattended I presume. I felt like I was in a kennel. Very overpriced, construction going on in lobby and definitely a disinterested group of employees.

Date of stay: August 2009
2  Thank KayDubya66
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We rented two rooms for our family. They were very, very nice. Staff could not have been any nicer. I frequently travel on business, and stay in much more expensive hotels. While the staff at most of them are polite, the Liverpool Homewood staff seemed genuinely happy to be doing everything they could to make us welcome and comfortable. The breakfast was nice ... not your normal cold cereal and bagels. These folks offer a great value.

Date of stay: July 2008