“Good, but not great”

Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have been delighted to discover Homewood Suites now that we're traveling with a small child. It's fantastic to be able to book a room with a separate sleeping area, and the handful of locations that we have stayed in have been reliably clean, well-appointed, and comfortable. The staff have all been lovely. This particular hotel fell just a bit short in my mind compared to the others - at least for the price.

The good: As usual, friendly, helpful staff; above average breakfast with some healthier options; pleasant common areas; convenient location off the highway; and, of course, the separate bedroom

Could be better: I have to agree with the other reviewer who commented on the musty smell. We were only staying one night and trying to get an overtired kiddo into bed so we didn't bother asking to move, but it's unfortunate. The bed was also far too soft for my taste - soft enough that you roll into your partner if you're too close together. Pillow tops are fine, but the underlying mattress and box spring should provide good support. Finally, the couch was also lacking support. The cushions dropped right down when you sat on it. It would be useful to add that we're both small to average-sized people! I haven't noticed any of these problems at other Homewood properties.

Overall, these were minor issues for a short stay. We would still recommend the property and definitely recommend the chain as a whole.

Room Tip: Request a room away from an exterior door, especially if you are on the first floor. If you are very...
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool

Reviewed August 13, 2014

No Hilton Honors gift, even though I am Gold. Status wasn't mentioned at check-in. Might be small, but those attention to detail items are an indicator of the overall level of guest service.

First glass I pulled out of the cabinet had fingerprints all over it. Second was also suspect. Ended up using paper as I wasn't sure how clean the glasses actually were.

Bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was good, but not enough tables.

Not enough parking, either.

1  Thank lovescabs
Reviewed August 12, 2014

If you want to be away from the centre of action, have a big group or like lots of room and friendly staff are important then the Homewood Suites in Liverpool/Syracuse New York is the place for you. The staff are super and willing to address any needs and wants, if they are able. The suite was a very good size so that you didn't feel like you were in a bedroom all the time.

I wonder about the smell. Okay, I have a thing about smells so I had to ask about getting a different room that didn't have a strong smell. Was it pets? It could have been that the room used to be available for smokers or that the cleaning supplies are really awful. Whatever it was, the second room still had an odour - just not the reek of the first room.

The distance from the hotel to the Destiny Mall was amazingly short - especially down the back way and not on the I89. It took less than 10 minutes. Better was the complimentary shuttle there and with a call you could be picked up. We loved not wandering the lot looking for our car.

The included breakfast was a nice selection of breads, a sweet roll, cereals, four hot items, juices, really good coffee, yogurts, and many other items that made the families happy and the children content to eat those hot waffles and canned whipped cream. Yes, I had to try one just to see if I could get it crispy.

This is a good hotel for families and long stays.

Room Tip: If you don't like the smell, ask to be moved to the second or third floors so that you can leave...
1  Thank GenevieveK
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Super accommodating staff. Full breakfast, which is great when traveling with kids. Nice size rooms. Very clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Pull out couch for larger families is available. Centrally located. I would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were attending a family function and stayed from Thursday 8/7 - 8/10, 2014. Excellent service and accommodating staff. The only thing that was a problem is that I am a light sleeper and people coming in and out were letting the entry doors slam as they came in at various hours. I am not sure how the hotel can control that.

Room Tip: Rooms away from doors and elevators are better but even then people let doors slam and make noise.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located for business travelers. Not much to see or do in the immediate area but it is near highways and the airport. The staff is friendly, helpful and the hotel itself is well maintained and clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank avminny
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel is quite convenient to I90. After a 13 hour drive, the late afternoon food and beverage reception was a welcomed sight and served as our dinner, so we didn't have to get back into the car! Our suite had a separate queen bed in the living room and king in the bedroom so my friend and I had our own privacy. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very quiet even though we were on the first floor facing the expressway. Although we were only there one night we used the large refrigerator to store our cooler and freezer stuff. Breakfast was a generous buffet with a number of selections. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!