“Exeellent service”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Gatineau, Canada
“Exeellent service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We always go back to this hotel. It is true about what they say 'welcome home' I recommend it highly. The hotel is well located, easy access, quiet, pet friendly and mostly the staff is WONDERFUL. I reserve my room a year in advance because I want to make sure that I have my room at 'home'. Tell you family and friends it is worth it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear you love staying at our hotel and I'm excited to share your comments with my team. They work so hard to create a wonderful experience for all our guests and I know they will appreciate your comments. I hope we see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Toronto
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Space is the ultimate luxury and this Homewood was great for our party or four.

Two Bedroom Suite = 2 bedrooms (one a King, the other had 2 Queens) and 2 bathrooms as well as 3 tvs.

We found the room and the lobby area nicely decorated.
The front desk said all these type of rooms are on ground floor.
This time we stayed in Room 151. Previously we had stayed in room 150 which also has it's own washer and dryer.

Internet connection was reasonable for WIFI in the room and Lobby area. When we used our travel router we received a better connection with:
61ms ping
10 mbps down & /1.7 mbps up

We like the buffet breakfast they provide which also has the nice touch of real plates and cutlery.

Controlling the TV - they promoted a new app I installed on my iPhone called:
STAYConnect Mobile Application from mobile@sonifi.com.
It changed the channels fine (so you don't have to use the often germ infested remote that all hotels have). It promoted that it would show you the TV guide - did not work. Once they get the app fully working. It will be nice.

One thing Hilton / Homewood should do is eliminate the need to have to sign on the the WIFI (accept their terms). This is a waste of time and too hard to do on a small phone screen. Then when you leave your room, you have to do it all over again in the Dining room / Lobby.
Forget this sign on and set the wifi to automatically connect. You are out in the middle of nowhere - who else is going to use the wifi other than hotel guests.

Overall, if you like to have LOTS of space, you will like these 2 bedroom suites. Does not cost that much more than two separate rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SweetWater8
Thank you so much for sharing your honest review of our hotel! I am so happy you enjoyed your spacious suite and added amenities our hotel offers. I will be certain to share your thoughts with my team. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again on your next trip to Syracuse!
Baldwinsville, United States
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Quiet, well maintained, and most any amenities you could want. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean. I could live in those suites with no complaints. The complimentary breakfast and dinners are a nice added amenity.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and service during your stay. I will be glad to share your comments with my team. They strive to ensure all our guests have a GREAT STAY and I know they will enjoy reading your review. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon!
Albany, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is my favorite hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and always eager to go the extra mile. The food is tasty, the environment is invtiving, and the fitness center keeps me on track. I have stayed here multiple times and am always excited when I get to visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear we are your favorite hotel and I'm excited to share this news with my team! I hope we see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent 2 days here while visiting Syracuse University. Our room was very nice, clean and spacious. The staff was friendly, especially Missy Waters. She was on duty when we checked in and once inside our room, we realized that we weren't given the one we reserved but were downgraded. I immediately called the front desk and spoke to Missy. I explained the situation, she checked and found out that our reservation was indeed changed internally. She informed me that a guest had decided to stay an additional day and evidently it was the room we were supposed to have. I told her that I never received any notification that our room had been changed. Missy tried finding another room, however it wasn't any better than what we already had, so we just stayed in the one they had downgraded us to.We truly appreciate Missy trying to rectify the unfortunate situation, however it seems if you book a room using your HIlton Honors points you are low man on the totem pole and therefore can be given whatever room they have available upon your arrival. We really liked this hotel and the area, but when we make another trip in June, I'm a little afraid of making a reservation here because I'd hate to have it changed again without giving me notice and allowing me to decide if I want to make a change or not.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry we did not have the exact room type you wished for during your visit. I konw how important it is to have a room that meets your specific needs and it can be unpleasant to settle for less than you want. I will follow-up with my team to ensure others are not as disappointed as you. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our committment to your comfort.
Syracuse, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a great stay. My stay was quiet and I had quality sleep. The rooms were very nice and had a pleasant at home feel. The staff was equally helpful. The breakfast was fresh and had a variety of fruit. The breakfast area also had a few different varieties of hot tea and since I enjoy tea it catered to my taste. I intend on revisiting this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I will definitely share your comments with my team. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon!
Fort Drum, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

very accommodating. great space within the suites. we have 4 children and we were all very comfortable. we were visiting with friends and the lobby area had tables. we ordered food to be delivered and wanted to eat with friends but were not permitted. it was before 10pm and we have children. we couldnt not talk, and we were told we were too loud. we were eating and talking softly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!