“Nice but unfortunate event happened.”

Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice but unfortunate event happened.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent 2 days here while visiting Syracuse University. Our room was very nice, clean and spacious. The staff was friendly, especially Missy Waters. She was on duty when we checked in and once inside our room, we realized that we weren't given the one we reserved but were downgraded. I immediately called the front desk and spoke to Missy. I explained the situation, she checked and found out that our reservation was indeed changed internally. She informed me that a guest had decided to stay an additional day and evidently it was the room we were supposed to have. I told her that I never received any notification that our room had been changed. Missy tried finding another room, however it wasn't any better than what we already had, so we just stayed in the one they had downgraded us to.We truly appreciate Missy trying to rectify the unfortunate situation, however it seems if you book a room using your HIlton Honors points you are low man on the totem pole and therefore can be given whatever room they have available upon your arrival. We really liked this hotel and the area, but when we make another trip in June, I'm a little afraid of making a reservation here because I'd hate to have it changed again without giving me notice and allowing me to decide if I want to make a change or not.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry we did not have the exact room type you wished for during your visit. I konw how important it is to have a room that meets your specific needs and it can be unpleasant to settle for less than you want. I will follow-up with my team to ensure others are not as disappointed as you. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our committment to your comfort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Syracuse, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a great stay. My stay was quiet and I had quality sleep. The rooms were very nice and had a pleasant at home feel. The staff was equally helpful. The breakfast was fresh and had a variety of fruit. The breakfast area also had a few different varieties of hot tea and since I enjoy tea it catered to my taste. I intend on revisiting this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I will definitely share your comments with my team. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon!
Fort Drum, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

very accommodating. great space within the suites. we have 4 children and we were all very comfortable. we were visiting with friends and the lobby area had tables. we ordered food to be delivered and wanted to eat with friends but were not permitted. it was before 10pm and we have children. we couldnt not talk, and we were told we were too loud. we were eating and talking softly.

Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you want a spacious and comfortable setting, then you have come "home" to Homewood Suites in Liverpool, NY just outside of Syracuse! A large bedroom with a luxurious bed, accommodating living room with a huge TV, eating area and a kitchen with everything but an oven provide you with your home-away-from-home needs. The lobby of the hotel is reminiscent of a mountain lodge, with a see-through fireplace and areas to socialize, play board games or pool. We got a free upgrade with a fireplace in the suite. Every staff member made it their place to introduce themselves and check in with us to make sure we were comfortable. It's a home-run, Homewood!

1 Thank CCB2017
Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear we hit a home-run! I will definitely share your comments with my team, I kow they will be excited to hear they helped make your stay here comfortable. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We spent the weekend at Homewood Suites in Liverpool New York and as always the staff were friendly and very helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable. We have stayed at this hotel many times and have always been more than satisfied.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am excited to share your comments with my team as I know they will be happy to hear you found their service to be "friendly and helpful"! I hope you choose to stay with us again soon!
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Staff were amazing and the rooms were great. They were renovated a few years back. The sections are not attached (due to old style) so be aware you will have to walk or drive to the lobby. It wasn't a big deal. Shuttle bus to the Destiny Mall.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed our property and recently renovated suites. I hope we have an opportunity to accommodate you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

The front desk staff, the housekeeping and the shuttle driver were incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were very spacious and clean. We will definitely be back! The breakfast was decent. My only complaint is that there was not much room to eat breakfast on a night were the hotel was full.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team to be incredibly helpful and friendly. They will be very excited to hear your comments. I hope you stay with us again soon on your next trip to our area!

Best regards,

Missy Hughes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area)

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!