“Refused to honor the quoted rate, at the last minute”

Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Ottawa, Canada
“Refused to honor the quoted rate, at the last minute”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was researching rates for this property online at hilton.com and couldn't figure out which rate to claim so I called Hilton reservations. They instructed me on which government rate to claim and so I completed my online reservation. When we arrived late at night, the clerk said there was a problem with my reservation and I had claimed the wrong rate. I explained that I had been confused by their web-site so I had called Hilton reservations for advice. I was even able to tell them who had helped me since I had written it down. It was clear that their desk staff is not empowered to fix problems because they just kept saying over and over that their property has different rules than Hilton corporate. How does that work exactly?

It was late at night and was snowing so I had no choice but to accept their higher "preferred" rate, which was barely a discount at all. I resent that although I made my reservations weeks ahead of my stay, they pulled this switch only on my arrival. I could have stayed at a much better hotel for the rate they charged and I felt embarrassed because I was traveling with a colleague and she suffered a similar bait and switch.

I complained again to Hilton.com when I returned home and the hotel manager did not address why they would not honor the rate I was INSTRUCTED by the Hilton agent to enter. She also did not address why I only learned of this at check in, late at night.

Homewood Suites has a 100% guarantee on your stay, unless they disagree with you and then it's $60 more to stay there and there's nothing they will do about it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please accept our apologies for our delay in getting back to you and know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We regret the frustration and confusion encountered with our rated and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve the situation. Again, I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Missy Hughes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 21, 2013

First time I've stayed at a Homewood. If this this property is the norm, Homewood Suites have quite the formula. I was looking for something within 10 miles from the airport that was connected to a major brand. Checked in early and the front desk person was pleasant, smiling, and really helpful. Then a co-worker came up to the desk and was the same way... Felt like I was in the twilight zone. Room was a clean, smartly designed suite. After I arrived at the room, I received a call from the front desk asking if the room exceeded expectations. The best amenity for me was the high placed shower head with great water pressure. Heaven for a tall guy. Somebody thought through that one. Nice continental breakfast in the morning that was open at 5a. Really good selection of treats to eat there or take on to your next destination.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our service and accommodations. Our team strives for perfection and I know they will be excited to read your comments. I hope you choose to stay with us again on future trips to our area!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've yet to meet a hotel staff any better than this group. Richard and his peers are by far the greatest staff I have yet to meet. The decor has a "mountain cabin retreat" feel. Beds are soft and comfortable. The rooms (suites) are HUGE. It is nice to feel like somebody is spoiling you when far away from home on a business trip. I really feel like it is my "home away from home".

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you very much for making the effort to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear you think we are the best place to stay in Syracuse! We want all our guests to feel this IS their home away from home and I look forward to sharing your wonderful comments with Richard and the rest of my team. I hope we have an opportunity to accommodate you again soon!

Liverpool, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I highly recommend staying at Homewood Suites. As a first timer, I was pleasantly surprised that we were to have a complimentary Manager's Reception dinner and a complimentary breakfast. The ambiance was wonderful, I especially liked The Lodge. I cannot wait to go back.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed our hotels ambience and were pleasantly surprised by our breakfast and dinner offerings. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Schenectady, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had to come to this area for business. The hotel was clean and comfortable, room was spacious, and staff was very friendly and accommodating. Location may be a little off the beaten path, but was ideal for our purposes and it was easy to get other places in the area (very near main thoroughfares). Not many restaurants in the area, but the suite offers full kitchen and there is breakfast (and I believe dinner?) at the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your wonderful Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our suites comfortable and our staff friendly. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team. I hope you choose to stay with us again on future trips to Syracuse.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The staff were all so awesome - went above and beyond to make guests happy. Suites are spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The night manager was crabby but everyone else was wonderful and really made for a great stay. We were only on the room to sleep but I think this would be an awesome place to stay if your visit will be a little longer as the suite is well equipped and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I am very happy to hear you found our staff accommodating and helpful. I do apologize you did not experience this high quality service with every member of our team. Please rest assured I will follow-up on this to ensure others are not as disappointed. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Excellent and large suite with cosy fireplace. Recommended for all. Great for family or business. Lots of parking and hearty breakfast. Internet just OK. Pet friendly. Polite and helpful staff. Excellent and large suite with cosy fireplace. Recommended for all. Great for family or business. Lots of parking and hearty breakfast. Internet just OK. Pet friendly. Polite and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your fireplace and were satisfied with our breakfast options. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again on your next trip to Syracuse!

Missy Hughes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!