“Great location hotel looked tired”

Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and until now the experience has always been top notch. Location to the mall and highway are great but this time the room furniture looked worn, had to call room service to empty the garbage upon our arrival and the non smoking room smelled like a smoker had stayed there. Despite this we will give the hotel another stay and hope this was a one of.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. I would like to personally apologize your stay did not meet the high standards we demand. A clean room, with everything in working order is basic for a good stay and I'm so sorry this was not your experience. Please rest assured I will follow-up with my housekeeping department to ensure others are not as disappointed.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. I do hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again on your future trips to Syracuse.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great hotel. Came up for three nights for a family wedding. We got two suites for two families - and they graciously put us right next to each other. We were on the 2nd floor of the second building and it was quiet and clean. When we checked in at almost 9:30pm at night, the front desk man was so nice and welcoming. The kids loved playing in the pool and loved learning how to play pool in the mornings after the breakfast. The free breakfast was a total perk - and very good. Loved that there was coffee and hot water for tea and hot chocolate all day.
The suites had a king size bed and then a pull out couch which was fine for our boys ages 7 & 9. There was a fridge, ice box, dishwasher, microwave - including popcorn which our boys ate when we borrowed their dvd player. Great hotel! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team strives to make Homewood Suites Syracuse a comfortable home away from home and I know they will be excited to hear you had a great time and enjoyed all of our added extras. I do hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is very clean, friendly, and has great rooms. We travel all over the world and find that this hotel is one of the best. The rooms are spacious and decorated very nice. The meals that we took part of was great. We come from Europe and the hotel is far better than what we are accustomed to, and we stay in nice hotels. We are looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review of Homewood Suites Syracuse! I am happy to hear you had a great stay. I will definitly share your thoughts with my team members as I know they will be thrilled to hear your great comments. We look forward to accommodating you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my family. The facility was clean, quiet, and spacious, with plenty of room for our three kids. The staff was helpful. The fitness room was quite nice; the only drawback was that the pool was closed. We would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I am pleased to hear you had a great stay. Our team works very hard to ensure all our guests are comfortable and I know they will be happy to hear your thoughts. I do hope we can accommodate you again the next time you travel to this area.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The breakfast is wonderful - LOVED the oatmeal. The sleeping room was a beautiful Suite, better than what we expected. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We are so looking forward to coming back again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael W

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and reviewing our hotel! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I know our team members will h=be excited to hear your comments. I do hope you choose to stay with us again on future trips to our area.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

excellent , quiet relaxing with beautiful king size suite ( separate bedroom) excellent breakfast, happy hour with free wine and beer during the week. dinner included if desired. the staff is very pleaseant and efficient and accomodating

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and my team will be thrilled to hear your wonderful comments.

I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you on future trips to the area!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just finished staying one night at the Syracuse area Homewood Suites. This was our first time in this hotel chain. We are a family of five, so two beds does not work. (I wish Trip Advisor would let you search by bed configuration.)

This particular hotel has GREAT managers. We checked into the hotel just to change clothes before a wedding, and thought we'd open up the sofabed before we left. MUCH to our surprise, we found that the mattress pad and mattress was soaked. The kids felt someone had peed on it... and honestly, we parents couldn't bring ourselves to check by sniffing it up close!

The front desk person just said she was sorry, and that she would send up housekeeping. I thought that response a bit inadequate--and so did the manager on duty. She herself was down at our room within about two minutes from the call. She was mortified, and immediately offered to change us to another room. We had already unpacked many things, and needed to leave immediately for the wedding. She completely understood, and further offered to move all of our stuff to the other room. Then, she surprised us with saying that there was no way that we would pay for the room after this... our night was free.

GREAT service--beyond what we expected!

Now, for the hotel itself.... We typically stay at a Residence Inn, and so my comparisons are to that chain for this sort of a hotel. The Homewood Suites (this one at least) has only an outdoor pool. Somehow, I had missed this, and I would have preferred to know. It was a bit rainy and thunderstorms were possible... in the end, we didn't use the pool as the kids wanted. It was also only open from 10 AM-10 PM, which didn't work well into our schedule (wedding ended around 10 and we left the next morning by 10). We would have loved to see the hours more like 7 AM to 11 PM. (The pool backs up to the rooms, and probably they would not want to deal with the noise into the rooms.)

The configuration of the rooms is rather unique (and we preferred the Marriott configuration of two bedrooms and two bathrooms, separate, plus a larger kitchen/living room in the middle). The king-sized bedroom was separate. The queen-sized bed was in the living room, next to the couch, which was also a queen-sized pullout. The sink for the bathroom was outside the actual tub/shower & toilet, which was also had a door to close off the whole thing from the living room/other bedroom. The kitchen--which is really small, only a two-burner stove, microwave and fridge--wound back to match up with the bathroom.

The hotel was very quiet at night; air conditioning worked well. The common areas were nicely done. Breakfast had many options.

All in all, a nice hotel, with great management!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JSTVT

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to personally apologize your inital experience did not meet the high standards we demand. I am happy to hear you were pleased with our management team's solution to resolve your issue and enusre you were given a comfortable, clean room. I am also glad to see they were quick to invoke our Suite Assurance Promise. Please rest assured I will follow-up with the housekeeping team to ensure similar situations do not arise in the future.

I really appreciate all of your feedback and will certainly share your comments with my team. I do hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Syracuse so we may demonstrate our committment to your comfort.

Missy Hughes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!