Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
$119
$115
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$76
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$51
$99
$107
$107
$89
Hampton.com
Super 8 Liverpool/ Syracuse Area(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$53
$45
$101
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoutdoor poolmain buildingliving roomfull kitchenstaff went out of their wayhome away from homebreakfast was deliciousgreat place to staybusiness tripdestiny usarooms are spacioushousekeeping staffnice staycookiesminute drivedefinitely stay here againfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently stayed here July 2012 with my husband and two small chIldren. We booked a non-smoking room, but the entire floor and room reeked of smoke. My daughter had a really hard time with the overwhelming smell of smoke due to allergies and I am pregnant and could barely sleep worrying about all of the secondhand smoke I was inhaling. Also, smoking was allowed at the pool. This is definitely not a family friendly hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Beckbear
homewoodsyr, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenitites you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Best Regards,

Sara

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good service: This is my first time living in this hotel and we start to love it. I actually requested something already i had in room but they still go to deliver the thing without any complaining.

Breatfast: Free and quality is very good.

Swimming Pool: No chance to enjoy it.

Room: With full kitchen and dining table and all utensils.

Will come back again if possible. Definitely will come back again.

Just a minor issue: There has cigarette smell in the hall way of the section i stayed.

Room Tip: Check in earlier as they will have a welcome reception from 5 pm - 7 pm. We missed this one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The first item I really appreciate is that everything is included in my stay. There is nothing I find more frustrating than to feel that I am being "touched" for a few more dollars/euros/francs/marks/yen/etc every time I need something. from the wonderful free breakfast, selections of teas and coffees, the games room with pool table, the business center with laser printers and high speed internet throughout the hotel that works fast and is easy to log into. They have a nice range of pool toys for children, a basketball for the court and this is outside.

Inside the room I was very impressed with attention to detail. This trip we travelled as a family and with two teenagers, the second bed in the living room AND the pull out sofa made while the king bed in the main bedroom made for a peaceful night for everyone. The suite had a door between the bedroom and the living room, another door at the bedroom entry and a door between the commode/shower/tub area and the basin made for more convenience with a family traveling. Most hotels now have coffee in room and Homewood was no exceptiong, However, the package of microwave popcorn was again a thoughtful attention to detail. When coming back from the pool, I asked Nic at the desk if he could have some extra bath towels sent to our room. Although I was a very short walk from the front desk, the staff member still nearly beat me back to my room.

In conclusion, I have stayed in hotels that cost me far more and didn't send me on my way feeling anywhere as rested or contented. If coming through Syracuse again and looking for accommodation, this would certainly be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The short version: With renovations completed, we now again highly recommend this hotel; it remains a very good choice for those staying in the area. The units are conveniently arranged, maintainence and housekeeping are very well done and the staff are consistently polite and try to be helpful, as I'd originally reported in my April 2008 review, "Completely Satisfied". It is an "all-suite" hotel in which the units are real suites, with two actual rooms separated by doors, as opposed to properties offering "junior suites" which are not really suites. Windows in bedrooms and living rooms are screened, open and close, and work well.

The detailed version: About a year ago we'd revisited the Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, NY and I'd written a reconsideration of the property which was undergoing renovations. I wrote that I'd remove or revise that review when we'd stayed there again after the renovations were completed, and this is that update. The review I'd posted back in April of 2008 still largely applies, and our bottom line opinion is still that this Homewood Suites remains an excellent choice, but it's not flawless, so here are some observations:

Most of the rooms are non-smoking rooms; all in Building 2 are non-smoking, but there are six smoking rooms along one side of a corridor on the 3rd floor of Building 1, rooms 313, 315, 317, 319, 321 and 323. The corridor becomes quite smokey at times, and we cannot recommend the non-smoking rooms on the other side of the corridor. Fortunately, one of this hotel's good features is the working windows and a good HVAC system, so inside these rooms the smoking across (and in) the hall is not bothersome, but walking through that hall can be quite unpleasant for non-smokers.

The recent renovations made the units fresher and more attractive, but some of the changes reflect "form over substance". None really detract very significantly from the utility of the rooms, but do seem like lost opportunities and can be minor inconveniences. An example: the new dark wood "vanitory units", which replace an older style countertop along a wall, are more attractive, but, being a couple of feet shorter than the old counters, leave less room on top and allow objects to falll off the ends. Another example, hair dryers attached to the wall may be out-of-date looking, but are convenient to use; after the renovations, hair dryers in cloth storage bags kept in the shelves under the vanitory units are not an eyesore, but are also less convenient to use. These sort of trade-offs are reflected in a number of other ways, too, one of which is the replacement of tub/shower combinations with large stall showers; fortunately, some rooms still have tubs, and can be requested; those travelling with young children, or just those who like a bath, should remember to request a unit with a tub/shower combination. (It's easy to shower in a tub, but not easy to bathe a small child in a stall shower!)

So, despite a number of small disappointments, this renovated Homewood Suites will remain our choice for accomodations in the Syracuse/Liverpool/North Syracuse area, where we visit at least once or twice a year, and not just because in the local climate real opening screened windows can be a real asset!

Room Tip: -Non-smokers should avoid rooms 312, 314, 316, 318, 320 and 322, directly across a smokey hall from smoking rooms. -Those with young children or who like the option of a bath should request a room with a tub, rather than a stall shower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My room was large and comfortable, the free breakfast was pretty good, and a couple members of the staff were particularly bright and friendly. The furnishings in my room were the only noticeable weakness -- some of them appeared to be from the early 90s at the latest, and the carpet was worn and dingy. An updated room of similar size and comfort would have deserved five stars.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business