“Looking for an excuse to go back!”

Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
“Looking for an excuse to go back!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I recently wrapped up 81 consecutive nights at the Homewood in Liverpool and have nothing but good things to say. I travel 100% of the time for my job; I chose Homewood for my stay in Liverpool because of the pleasant stays I had previously had at other Homewood sites (Greensboro, Lancaster, El Paso, Wilmington). The Liverpool location, in my opinion, stands head and shoulders above the rest.

The property itself was exactly what I was looking for: clean, spacious, well appointed, QUIET rooms. The lobby wasn't a place you went to because you had to; you went there because you wanted to. It seemed like there was always someone there; playing dominos, shooting a game of pool, or just relaxing in front of the tv.

While the property was great, you can find nice properties at quite a few hotels. What set the Liverpool Homewood apart was the staff. They make EVERYONE feel special (I saw it time and again). The amazing thing is that it never seems forced; they are entirely professional but you walk away feeling as though you chatted with a friend. (Nick, Becca, Heather, Melissa, Pat, Sharon, Richard, Jamie, Sam, Sara, and the rest: you guys are awesome!)

To be honest, I haven't stayed at any other hotel in Liverpool so I can't directly compare. That being said, I can't imagine any other lodging choice equaling my satisfaction; the bar has just been set too high.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I am on day 3 at the Homewood Suites and have to say that they have done an EXCELLENT job of updating the hotel. The rooms are recently refurbished and very comfy. The housekeeping staff thinks of everything. The bedroom and TV's are placed so they don't interfere with guests in adjoining rooms. The living area is spacious, has a nice ottomon and a desk that has enough surface area for me to spread out. The kitchenette is stocked for a basic stay. Fridge, stove (2-burner), sink, microwave and dishwaser. Load the dishes and the housekeeping staff turns it on for you.

The wireless network does not take you through a series of annoying log-in screens. 5 bars and fast.

Quite a few guests show up for the complimentary dinner/breakfast and the people managing the dining area are wonderful. Many kudos to the team at the front desk too who actually take the time to greet you when you enter the lobby.

The gym is spotless and adequate. I will be back here again for 2 weeks later this month - would not stay anywhere else in the Syracuse area, close to my office so it really works for me.

Great deal for the $$$s

Room Tip: Noise level is minimal, elevators are slow though.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
homewoodsyr, Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you for the kudos to our team and taking the time to share your comments. I am excited to share with our staff your review at our daily huddle. We look forward to seeing you in the upcoming weeks and once again thank you for sharing your comments with us!

Liverpool, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites for five nights and found the accomodations to be quite nice. The kitchen area had a small two-person table, cook-top, microwave, dishwasher, sink and fridge. The living room had a pull-out couch, coffee table, two lamps, an easy chair, entertainment center and a beautiful flat-screen TV. The bedroom was well equipped with another flat-screen TV and dresser set. The bathroom is right off of the bedroom. The only draw back to the bathroom area is that there is no door separating the sink/closet area from the bedroom. So if you're sharing the room with someone and they need to use the sink late at night or early in the morning, there's no door to block the light or noise. There is however, a door separating the toilet/shower area from the rest of the space. The bathroom amenitites included a blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body wash, make-up remover pads, iron and ironing board.

Each evening (except Friday nights) there is also a "Welcome Dinner". The one night I had dinner in the lobby, a pasta dish, salad and cookies were on the menu. There is also complimentary wine and beer. Breakfast is also served each morning. There is a nice pool area off of the main lobby and a pool table off the lobby/dining area as well as a fitness and business center.

I would certainly stay here again!

ps. My husband has been staying here for the past two months on business and has not had one complaint about the staff or facilities. He has really enjoyed his stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sydneycake
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool. I will be sure to let our team members read your review as well. I know they will also be excited to hear you had a great experience with us while visiting your husband.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts we do hope to see you soon!

Holley, NY
Reviewed April 5, 2012

From the moment I walked into the lobby I was greeted with a smile from two employees. They bent over backwards to assist me with anything I needed. I was upgraded to a suite due to the fact that I had a horrible experience and another Homewood suites in a different City. So yes this was a freebie BUT I would pay the going rate any time at this hotel. The room was fantastic. My boyfriend made the comment "it feels a little like home". The bed was so comfortable. For the first time in all my travels the cleaning people read the sign (Privacy/do not disturb) and never knocked on the door. So many times I have had cleaning people ignore it, knock or a couple of times walk right in. So if your looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place with great service this is it in syracuse.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
homewoodsyr, assistant general manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and a stay with a Smile! I will be sure to let our team members read your review as well. I know they will also be excited to hear you had a great experience with us.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts. I hope you will stay with us when you are in Syracuse.

Poconos, Pa
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I cannot say enough about this hotel. I am here on business from March 20-23, 2012 and my stay has been oustanding!. Staying here is a no-brainer...beautiful room; clean very comfortable bed; flat screen tv with cable; full excellent breakfast; dinner, wine/beer and to top it off a staff (Richard and Sarah) that exceeds your every expectation. They aim to please and PLEASE they do! No wonder I keep coming back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
homewoodsyr, assistant general manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice comments you wrote about our hotel. We read aloud our guests feedback daily at our morning Huddle. I know our team will be happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will stay with us again soon on your next trip to our area.

NY
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had to share a room with a co-worker for an overnight in Syracuse. This Homewood Suites was the perfect place to stay. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was superb! We had a kitchen area, a living room/bedroom, then when you walked through the first part of the bathroom there was another bedroom! We were so excited to see that we actually had our own separate bedrooms. The bathroom was separated into two rooms, the first room was just the sink and the second room was the toilet and shower. This was nice because one of us could use the sink while the other person was showering. I discovered in the morning that we had two conditioners and no shampoo. I called the front desk and within minutes someone came to our room with shampoo. The breakfast was wonderful, with lots of options. The complimentary dinner was also excellent, after traveling it is always nice to just be able to eat at the hotel. Sadly this hotel does not have an indoor pool, just an outdoor pool which obviously was closed in the winter. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
homewoodsyr, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear our "suite" set-up was a great fit for you and your co-worker.

I do apologize that there wasn’t shampoo in your room, but I am glad that we provided fast and friendly service. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. I hope you will think of us the next time you travel to Syracuse.

Shokan, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was my first experience staying at a homewood inn. First impression was clean and cozy room. We both liked the fireplace and we relaxed in the living room nicely. The room itself was very nice and we felt as though we were home. Thats where it ends we had a major problem with our room in the morning and (Sarah) the assistant general manager said that she would refund us our points we used and here it is five days later and they still haven't been refunded. They are eager to take your money but not eager to give back. The breakfast was average(for Free). My wonderful boyfriend planned this great weekend getaway for us and it ended in DISASTER!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
MissyHughes, General Manager at Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest suite and amenities. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience refunding your points has caused. Our team has taken the appropriate steps in order to refund your points. We are monitoring this issue so you can receive your points in a timely manner. We will reach out to you personally confirming your points were refunded to your account. Once again thank you for your review of our hotel and we will be in contact soon.

Best regards,

Missy Hughes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool? Share your experiences!