“Drive by this hotel and pick either one across the street or on next street over.”

Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I read the reviews after I booked the room. I thought that the bad ones must be wrong. Unfortunately, they were right. If you book a standard room here, be prepared to stand up or lay down on the bed only - because there is no leisure chair to sit in. There is a chair lamp though and there is a spot where I bet a chair used to be placed. When I phoned for reservations, the woman answering the phone was not at all pleasant, but I thought she was only having a bad day. She was more concerned about the fact that I knew that there was a 24 hr. cancellation policy then being friendly about our visit. When I arrived, there were 3 employees behind the desk and I was standing in line. Neither of the other 2 employee even made eye contact with me nor offered to assist me. The room was clean - but very dingy. The mattress was old and lumpy and the pillows certainly had seen better days. Would I stay there again?? Heck No!! I've stayed across the street and down the street and trust me - they are worth the extra few feet of driving. I will give them a B+ for the shampoo and soap combo from Bath and Body Works - although, I think my husband would have given up the melon/cucumber soap and shampoo for a chair to sit in when we got back from our evening out. I know I would have. My advise to anyone looking to stay -Keep Driving!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happycamper2054

Reviewed October 28, 2009

This hotel does not honor cancellations. I booked two rooms and canceled the reservations a moth ahead of time. The hotel management would not honor the cancellation for both rooms, charged us for a no-show, and refused to discuss a refund.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank patriarchNewYork
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Looks newly-remodeled, excellent, clean. Comfortable, walls a bit thin, but quiet. Good variety during breakfast--better yet, included in price! Free shuttle service bonus, friendly staff!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2009

This is NOT a boutique hotel but a marginal basic motel. The one good thing (standard for cheap hotels, not that this one is especially cheap) is that the internet was free. Ordinarily, some very modest continental breakfast is served in a tiny room. Since the motel was full this weekend, they served a very basic hot breakfast in an attached restaurant, on throw-away plates with plastic utensils. We tried to take a swim in their small, indoor, very warm pool...but were told it was closed. They said it would open "soon". Would that be like 15 or 20 minutes? No: several hours. We asked about an alternate pool in the area for our therapeutic workout. They said they would find one and call us...they never did. In our room, the pillows were uncomfortable, a reading light was broken, and water would not drain out of the bathtub. The night before departing, we called down (as room literature said we could) to request a late check-out (noon, instead of 11 a.m.); we were told that it would cost $10 extra! We've never heard of this before and asked to speak with a manager. We were told that no manager was available then or over the weekend. So we wrote an email to the Maplewood Inn; it bounced back because their mailbox was full! Apparently they don't read their email. They surely don't care much about their guests. The motel is near the intersection of the NY State Thruway and the main Interstate through Syracuse, and is not far from Syracuse airport; this location might be convenient for many. But it must be possible to do better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nedtraveler
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Nice hotel for the rate. The rooms were decent but noticed that there was liquid spilled on the wall and door that was not cleaned off before we arrived. There were key cards left in the room from either staff or previous guest. With this being said, the beds were clean, free wireless and the staff was friendly. I'd stay there again for a night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Room was clean and large with king bed. Furniture was sparse with only desk and chair, no where else to sit but bed. Continental breakfast was adequate considering was included in price - space limited in breakfast room for size of hotel. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 18, 2008

The hotel's website states "Liverpool's finest Boutique Hotel welcomes you to come and relax in its beautiful surroundings." I wouldn't agree with this. It is NOT a boutique hotel, and the surroundings are not exactly beautiful. I wouldn't say it was a bad place, it just wasn't what I expected given the hotel's website and claims.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Jefferson Clinton Hotel
Jefferson Clinton Hotel
#3 of 31 in Syracuse

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport

Address: 400 7th North St, Liverpool, Salina, NY 13088-6626 (Formerly The Maplewood Inn)
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Salina > Liverpool
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Price Range: $107 - $221 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport 3.5*
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport is by design your home while you are visiting Syracuse. The hotel offers kitchenettes in all guestrooms, complimentary hot breakfast, wireless Internet everywhere, and after a long day you can cool off in the brand new indoor pool. Be sure to check out the state of the art fitness center featuring treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights and more. At the crossroads of the New York State Thruway and Route 81, you are available to escape with ease and travel to the West towards Niagara Falls, or towards the East to New York City. North from this location is Watertown and Fort Drum, while you can travel South to Ithaca and Binghamton. We are just minutes from Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Destiny USA Shopping Center and the New York State Fairgrounds. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Maplewood Hotel Liverpool