I read the reviews after I booked the room. I thought that the bad ones must be wrong. Unfortunately, they were right. If you book a standard room here, be prepared to stand up or lay down on the bed only - because there is no leisure chair to sit in. There is a chair lamp though and there is a spot where I bet a chair used to be placed. When I phoned for reservations, the woman answering the phone was not at all pleasant, but I thought she was only having a bad day. She was more concerned about the fact that I knew that there was a 24 hr. cancellation policy then being friendly about our visit. When I arrived, there were 3 employees behind the desk and I was standing in line. Neither of the other 2 employee even made eye contact with me nor offered to assist me. The room was clean - but very dingy. The mattress was old and lumpy and the pillows certainly had seen better days. Would I stay there again?? Heck No!! I've stayed across the street and down the street and trust me - they are worth the extra few feet of driving. I will give them a B+ for the shampoo and soap combo from Bath and Body Works - although, I think my husband would have given up the melon/cucumber soap and shampoo for a chair to sit in when we got back from our evening out. I know I would have. My advise to anyone looking to stay -Keep Driving!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport is by design your home while you are visiting Syracuse. The hotel offers kitchenettes in all guestrooms, complimentary hot breakfast, wireless Internet everywhere, and after a long day you can cool off in the brand new indoor pool. Be sure to check out the state of the art fitness center featuring treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights and more. At the crossroads of the New York State Thruway and Route 81, you are available to escape with ease and travel to the West towards Niagara Falls, or towards the East to New York City. North from this location is Watertown and Fort Drum, while you can travel South to Ithaca and Binghamton. We are just minutes from Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Destiny USA Shopping Center and the New York State Fairgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maplewood Hotel Liverpool
- Maplewood Hotel Lily Dale