“Blood on the sheets...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Liverpool
Westport, Canada
“Blood on the sheets...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This used to be a decent place to stay with decent prices...now it has turned into a dirty, noisy (house of ill repute-like(that was censored) cheap hole. There is dirt on the floors, built up dirt in the HVAC grills, fresh blood on the mattress covers, yellow stains on the sheets and pillow covers, broken glass and debris in the halls and so much noise and drunk traffic from the attached bar area. Sometimes I have been wary of going outside my room into the hall for fear of running into drunks or rampaging, unsupervised children (teenagers). The manager is a complete incompetent in this position. He obviously has no concept of quality control and only trys to placate customers by telling them he is addressing the problems. Guess what? The address he is using is not on this planet. The rooms are still filthy and the atmosphere has degraded to that of a house of ill repute with a live band. I have been given free stays at this hotel to lure me back...sorry, but we can not and will not stay in this filthy hole again. After many years of patronage, we only get lip service from the manager and no real clean up of this place. In my opinion, the new owners/management either have their heads up their dark holes, or they just don't give a rats butt about the hotel and will be closing it soon. Maybe the health department should be notified and they will close the place...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hkmadigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in the city for the SUNY upstate medical center interview, and I did not have a car. The hotel driver picked me up from the airport, and drove me free of charge to the mall, to my interview, and back to the airport. And I did not have to wait at all - it was perfectly organized!

The staff was so friendly, accomodating, and there to help. I am very happy I made a decision to stay at the Maplewood inn.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johnathan R, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thanks for your business! We are happy that our complimentary shuttle service was of value to you. Not having a vehicle or knowing the area can be tough on a traveler, and that why we provide this service. Thanks again and we hope your interview went well. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Overall, I had a great time staying at the Mapplewood Inn. The staff was very welcoming and the shuttle was very helpful to get me wherever I wanted. The rooms were clean and the staff came daily to fix my bed. On top of that, it was very affordable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi – Thanks for sharing your satisfaction with us. We have posted your comments for our team to read. We appreciate you acknowledging the staffs hospitality. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Almonte, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fantastic location, with a bonus shuttle service (especially on Black Friday weekend). Upon arrival we were greeted by SHAUN. Super nice, and was ready for our hockey team to arrive. Very professional, with a good sense of humour. Lobby was nice, updated and clean. Our floor (and rooms) were clean and spacious. Not a great experience in the restaurant that is attached but luckily there are loads of options around town.Parking is great.

Room Tip: We went 3rd floor (top) and it was quiet... easy access. Even with 3 hoceky teams in the hotel it wa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the nice review on our location. Shaun is a true asset and I will be sure to pass along your comments. I will also share your feedback with the owners of the restaurant. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I spent a weekend with friends recently at the Maplewood Inn! About 20 of us were scrapbooking and had a wonderful experience! Our rooms were spacious and we were thankfully grateful that each contained a mini-refrigerator and microwave! Our scrapping room was huge and each of us had ample space for our scrapping needs. My room, in particular, was steps away from the scrapping area. How convenient! The staff at the Maplewood were polite and so very helpful with every detail of our stay. Most of us even ate dinner at the Inn too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Johnathan R, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi – thank so much for the great review. We are happy to hear that you had a great weekend with friends and were able to enjoy our hospitality. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for your business.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

First off, I want to comment that the hotel staff has always been very accommodating and customer orientated. Over the past 3 years, I've stayed at this hotel 3-4 times a year (5-6 nights each trip). In the past I've always enjoyed my stay here; great location, king size beds, and practical pricing with breakfast in the AM. However, on my last stay her last month (end of Oct), I was informed that new owners have now taken over and the breakfast in the AM was no longer available as a standard. The front clerk did inform me that they had breakfast for a nominal fee in the bar area, since I'm a frequent stayer, he gave me a free coupon for breakfast.one morning. I must state that a bar atmosphere is not ideal for breakfast; with the smell of smoke and stale ale, seeing families in there wasn't too appealing! I'd recommend that management take a serious look at again having the typical breakfast they had available in the past (bread, muffins, cold/hot cereal, juice/coffee/tea in the room beside the front desk. My opinion is "if it wasn't broken before don't try fixing it to something it isn't"! I'll be back to this hotel on Friday for a week and I hope above issue has been resolved. If not, this hotel will probably lose a faithful guest from over the years!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello - Thank you for your comments. I have attempted to make contact with you during your stay with us to discuss your concerns in person. I am happy to talk them over with you at anytime. In an effort to bring the hotel more in the full service category, we offer breakfast for purchase in the restaurant operated by Carnegie Café. This was done almost two years ago. We certainly value your business and hope that this would not be a deciding factor on your loyalty to our hotel.
East Bethany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Second year that we've had good and bad experiences at this hotel, but this year's bad experience was truly disgusting. The first room they booked us into had dried vomit on the bedspread, hair in the sheets, and something that might have been coffee, but looked suspiciously like dried blood, on the walls. The second room was better. Both bathrooms were clean and both carpets were dusty along the walls and under the bed. Both walls had random scuff marks that seem to remain long after the perpetrator has gone.

I'm guessing that at least some of the hotel's problems have to do with the popular bar on the first floor. Vomit, blood, strange scuff marks on the walls and drunks in the elevator would seem to go hand in hand. But that's just a guess.

The bed was comfortable, we slept well, had plenty of hot water, and breakfast in the restaurant was edible, if not memorable. But while the lobby is clean and bright, the rooms give off an air of neglect. This place needs a new cleaning crew.

Room Tip: Get a room at the far end of the hotel from the bar, if you want any sleep before 11pm.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Johnathan R, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that the first room you went into was not up to cleanliness standards that we expect. Please note that we are making immediate changes within the housekeeping department to address these items. We hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn Syracuse North (Airport Area)
Jefferson Clinton Hotel
Jefferson Clinton Hotel
#3 of 31 in Syracuse
Marriott Syracuse Downtown

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay? Share your experiences!