“A convenient and comfortable place to stay”

Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We travel with our 2 dogs and it was pleasant to know this is a pet friendly hotel. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. We were coming in for a wedding and I asked for an early check in time and consequently we were allowed in 2 hours early. Carnegie Cafe' was bustling with activity both Friday and Saturday nights and even though they had live bands playing we didn't hear a sound in our room. Our room was extremely quiet. Usually you can hear TVs in adjoining rooms and sometimes even loud neighbors, but NOT our room at the Maplewood. Our overall experience was enjoyable and we will most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I believe rooms on the ground floor are more sound proof than those on the other 2 floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
JRODRIQUEZ, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thanks for the positive feedback ! We are happy to hear you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

One of my staff members retired from nursing and we decided to have our party at the Maplewood, after having had several wonderful events there. The staff was kind and attentive to our needs. The food was great! I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
JRODRIQUEZ, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Kim - Thank you so much for the continued business. We are glad to hear that everyone had a great time. I appreciate you taking time to review us and will certainly share this with the team! Look forward to having you all back again soon! Take care..

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I hosted a week long meeting at the Maplewood Inn and I would recommend that anyone needing a meeting space to go there. They were very accommodating to all requests. Setting up the meeting was a breeze with the Director of Sales who did an excellent job. The entire staff there were always pleasant and upbeat. It was a joy to stay there for a week and in the future I will hold all my meetings there!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
JRODRIQUEZ, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words. I know that our sales team will be delighted to hear of your review. They work hard to ensure that all details are fine tuned. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to having you back again. Thanks again!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place is conveniently located and the staff are friendly. No breakfast offered, but reasonably priced food places are right across the street (we had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and Tullys (chicken tenders/sports bar/family friendly) for dinner. My room and bathroom were clean as were the hallways and lobby. The pool looked fine and had a lot of happy kids in it when we went by. The hotel is right off a connector to I-90, but I didn't notice any traffic noise. There was a busy restaurant/nightclub downstairs, but it cleared out early. All in all a nice, low-key place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're glad you had a nice stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

friends booked this hotel,pictures on web looked ok but the place was gross.my room stunk so bab of must mildew i had to go buy some fabreeze.got a rollaway for my daughter and was asked if we wanted pillow cases,really!dark and dirty shame on them.not much need to say more.

Room Tip: dont go at all!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
JRODRIQUEZ, Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We are sorry to hear of this issue. Our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure that the facility is kept clean and that quality accommodations are met. Our rollaway bed pillows have cases on them, some guests like additional pillowcases, I'm assuming that is what they meant when asking you that question. I have addressed the odor comment with the team and have come up with a solution to ensure the room scent is fresh upon arrival. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Please contact me directly at 315-451-1511 if you would like to discuss this further. We would like the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Spent an uneventful night at the Maplewood Inn while in town for an event. Hotel is in a very convenient location with a restauarant inside as well as one within walking distance (as well as a Dunkin Donuts and Tim Hortons across the street). The hotel was nothing special, but became a little more dated as you left the lobby and started walking towards the rooms. The room was very large and in decent condition. The bed was hard, but worked for a night. The TV was older, but had good selection. The hotel did not appear to have any breakfast beyond coffee in the lobby. The indoor pool looked welcoming, and the exercise center was typical for a hotel...small with three or four machines. I thought the price for the room, just over three figures, was a bit much for what was received and, if it wasn't conveneint to the event I probably would have stayed elsewhere (with rates in the Syracuse area much lower or similar for higher rated hotels). All in all, it was fine and I would recommend to others if the price is right.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We found our room unkept, and with hairs in a supposedly clean bed. We repacked our stuff (inconvenient) and were given another room and explicitly promised a full refund (promised both that night and the next morning), tho we didn't insist on that. The management refused to process a refund that morning supposed because of our booking thru Hotels.com, saying it would have to be looked into. However, a refund, despite numerous calls to Hotels.com and this Inn, was never granted. Avoid this Inn and also avoid Hotels.com.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter j
JRODRIQUEZ, General Manager at Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We take our guests feedback very seriously. Our team works hard to ensure that our rooms are clean and crisp for every guest and I am sorry that this was missed on your rooms. I know our management team shares the safe focus as I do when it comes to guest satisfaction. It can take up to 5 days for a refund to process when paying with a credit card. I would very much like to talk with you personally. We welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest again and show you that this is not a regular occurrence.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690

Been to Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport? Share your experiences!