After watching the recent CBC two part exposé of hotel cleanliness (http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/2012/11/thedirtonhotels1.html, I have to admit to taking Lysol wipes with me to wipe down the counters, taps, and toilet seat for our recent two night stay. I forgot the most commonly touched item-the remote control! The thoughts of contracting MRSA or C Difficile or e-coli (ice machine) because of negligent hotel maintenance frankly frightened me to death.
The Maplewood Inn appeared somewhat tired and worn out. Carpeting didn't look new. However, the coffee in the lobby was great. The band in the bar (The Billionaires) were outstanding-great dance music. The recorded music between sets was unusually loud and very annoying.
The main floor room-at the opposite end of the hotel away from the bar-was large but drab. The television was adequate-not a flat screen. The king bed was satisfactory but not plush. But the highlight was the absolute quietness of our room-a pleasant surprise since the hotel appeared full because of a concert at the Dome. I didn't hear a sound, either night. We didn't have breakfast. Next time I might be tempted to stay across the road at the Hampton Inn and just come over for a drink and to enjoy the band in the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport is by design your home while you are visiting Syracuse. The hotel offers kitchenettes in all guestrooms, complimentary hot breakfast, wireless Internet everywhere, and after a long day you can cool off in the brand new indoor pool. Be sure to check out the state of the art fitness center featuring treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights and more. At the crossroads of the New York State Thruway and Route 81, you are available to escape with ease and travel to the West towards Niagara Falls, or towards the East to New York City. North from this location is Watertown and Fort Drum, while you can travel South to Ithaca and Binghamton. We are just minutes from Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Destiny USA Shopping Center and the New York State Fairgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maplewood Hotel Liverpool
- Maplewood Hotel Lily Dale