“Perfect Wedding Night Hotel”

Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Syracuse, NY
“Perfect Wedding Night Hotel”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We got married at a restaurant down the road and were just looking for place close by to relax at before heading out on the honeymoon in a couple days. The Hampton Inn far exceeded our expectations!

Even before entering the building, we knew this was a clean, well-kept, respectable hotel. Because it was late (around midnight), the desk attendant had to buzz us in. We appreciated this security. I don't remember his name, but he was very nice and efficient--check in was a breeze and he explained all the amenities available to us during our stay.

We stayed in a room with a King Size bed and a whirlpool tub in the room. Everything was perfect, clean and relaxing. Unlike other hotels, there were ample towels, which seems like a small detail, but it's not fun to discover you're all out of towels while submerged in a private hot tub!!

We took advantage of the complementary hot breakfast the next morning, which was among the best complementary breakfasts I've experienced. My new husband loved the waffles and sausage and I loved the cereal and yogurt choices!

Check-out with Tracie was another breeze and it was nice to encounter another friendly face! In fact, every staff member we came in contact with was nothing but friendly, warm and accommodating.

On top of all this, they allowed us a late check-out because it was our wedding night. It was nice to not have to rush and enjoy each others' company after the craziness of the previous day!

As locals, we will definitely recommend this hotel to others needing to stay in the area. In fact, we've already planned to return next year to celebrate our first anniversary! We'll just check in a little earlier so we can enjoy the other amenities we didn't have time for, like the fitness room, indoor pool and hot tub. Can't wait!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KMattes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 16, 2009

WOW! What a hotel! The hotel is not so hard to find of exit 38 of I-90 NYTHRU. When I came it was a dark foggy night, so finding the one road was a bit hard at first, but in the normal dark should not be a problem. The exterior of the hotel is beautiful, and there are plent of restaurants around to choose, many chains. Once getting inside, the front desk was very nice and easy. Then there was the room! Its was 100% amazing, it was so clean, and so roomy. The hotel features a studio suite, which is where I stayed with my family, and for once, a hotel that could fit all of us for around $120, keeping in mind that it is a suite. The breakfast area was so clean, large, peaceful, and had a large selection of complimentary food! And the pool was so quite and peaceful, yet warm and enjoyable. Once again, I found nothing wrong with this hotel, an amazing stay!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank WhalersTravel
Chicago, Ill
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I had such a great experience during my stay. The hotel was so nice and very clean. The staff was incredible and so helpful. They had so much information about the area and even had menus and directions to everywhere I wanted to go. They even recommended some great restaurants I visited. The one person who was most helpful was a girl named Cody. She was always happy and had a smile every time I saw her. She always seemed to have the information I needed. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. I would rate my stay A1 and the hotel 5 star.

• Liked — The Service and the cleanlyness
  • Disliked — It was to short.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tom4355
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2008

A New Year's getaway with a superb hotel !!

Brand new hotel with fabulous prices !! We had a King suite with an amazingly comfortable bed for $89.00/ night. A beautiful room with a microwave, fridge and free high speed internet.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Coffee is on 24/7 in the breakfast room and the continental breakfast was also very good. We didn't use the indoor pool or the exercise facility but looked like several families were enjoying them.

The shopping is super and all within close proximity of the hotel. We would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Liked — new and clean
  • Disliked — nothing !!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Johnnie-s_squeeze
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Very nice new hotel in a newer suburbian area just outside Syracuse. Check in was quick and friendly. Many nearby chains to eat at. Fridge and microwave in room. Small indoor pool and small work out area. Free breakfast is not that exciting but it is free.

• Liked — it was new and clean
  • Disliked — Only chains to eat at
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay
Skaneateles Suites
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 7 in Skaneateles
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle

Been to Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay? Share your experiences!