“A night away from home”

Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

A lot to do around there. Many of places to eat and shop! Breakfast was hot and great tons to pick from!! We had a late check out in our suite loved it. It was a wonderful weekend away from home. The pool seemed to smell like cleaner but not to bad. They also have a spot outside that's lovely to sit and get some sun with a drink or 2.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Looks great, non smelly for sensitive guests, and staff very good with customers.....but.....the amenities, and some basics are lacking. Decided worth staying at for price being a bit off 1-90.

Surrounded by all corprate food, but ok too, I guess. Checked in, ate dinner, came back to get in hot tub; even though I saw ALL the kids in it and way too much "foam". Water wasnt heated properly, toes cool at bottom of tub, foam was topped off with dirty brown scum.....forget it!! Staff did say would be taken care of. Just don t think it should have gotten that bad in first place. Gave myself the cootie vaccination and got out.

Went to room to shower.....no nearly enough presssure for 1 person let alone the 2 person size.(Size for wheelchairs)
Water once again not warm enough, not just temp. for not burning someone, not warm enough to get warm, but I guess that goes with the trickle of the water. Would have expected it from older hotel and been fine, just doesnt run the way it looks.

Dont think I would stay again if I wanted to rest from a long turnpike drive.

P.S. dont need a sorry from owners and hope I come again, please just make right for others.

Room Tip: Check the things you want to use before you decide to stay. Always always carry cootie vaccination n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kel b
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Staff was very warm and friendly. I loved have the hot soup in the evenings!!
Lots of restaurants in the area to chose from if the soup was not enough one evening.
Breakfast bar was also very good (typical for Hampton Inn). I did like the waffles (something I don't seem to see at every Hampton inn).
Mentioned that the sidewalk was a bit icy as I walked into the lobby and someone was outside fixing the problem w/in 2minutes (great service)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Lsheremeta, General Manager at Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Syracuse / Clay! I am so glad that you enjoyed the soup with our Central New York winters we want to make sure you are warmed up! I am sorry about the sidewalks and glad our team took action to fix them, in CNY the weather changes on a dime so we do our best to stay on top of it. We hope to see you again! Lisa Sheremeta, GM

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Hampton Inn Syracuse/Clay could easily be 3-star or above (based on my experiences) if it offered an on-site restaurant/bar. My husband and I stayed here for a romantic getaway at the beginning of February 2013. We reserved a Jacuzzi room.

Check-in was very smooth and easy. The desk staff was very friendly. The lobby was clean and up-to-date.

Our room was very clean. The finishes were modern and neutral. I was concerned from photos that the Jacuzzi would be a little cramped, but it's not cramped at all. It's a perfect size for 2-3 (maybe even 4) people. It was relaxing and wonderful.

The continental breakfast offered more than expected. The standard fare, such as bagels and juice, was included - but also seasoned home fries, fresh fruit, fresh waffles, and scrambled eggs. Omelets were also offered on our second day. Checkout was a breeze.

Overall, can't say enough good things about this hotel - would recommend to anyone looking to stay in the Syracuse area.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi suite on the second floor offers a spacious Jacuzzi tub, privacy, and quietness.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff at this hotel is top-notch. I can't recommend this hotel more. They are friendly and helpful. The layout is what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn. The quality is very good. AS was noted there are quite a few good places to eat VERY close to the hotel. Even though it is on a main and busy road it seems very quiet because it is set-back. No one likes a noisy environment and happily it isn't the case here.

Room Tip: I like the fact that there are some good places to eat nearby. Having said that, it is a quiet area...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words! Our team loves the feedback we recieve from our guests and I am happy you had an enjoyable stay! Come back soon! Lisa Sheremeta, GM

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is the first Hampton Inn I've stayed at that didn't have hot coffee in the lobby 24/7 -- and I've stayed at several. That was my only complaint, everything else was perfect: cleanliness, comfortable beds, great breakfast, friendly staff. The location is good for dining and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Lsheremeta, General Manager at Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Sandy, Thank you for staying at our property. I'm sorry you did not have Hot Coffee during your stay we do have it in the back area of the lobby i the breakfast area 24/7. I will check with our team to make sure that it is always fresh and hot like it should be. I hope we can have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We originally booked two rooms for several days stay at this hotel. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the rooms and all the public areas. We used the pool and the exercise equipment. Both were very satisfactory. The rooms were warm and comfortable. (It was very cold outside.) The breakfast was good, it's always nice to see fresh fruit and hot items. Unfortunately there was a big storm on the way and we needed to leave early to avoid being caught. The staff was helpful and very understanding. There were no questions and only good wishes and helpful directions from the staff. We will stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
7 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA

Been to Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay? Share your experiences!