“Good food, but lacking the meat”

India House Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 120 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently ordered Chicken Makhani for takeout. The service was great cos I ordered a beer while waiting, and the beer was ice cold and also was served a Papad to go with the beer.

But, when I got home with the food, I was surprised to find just a few pieces of chicken in my dish. The container looked full, because all it had was the sauce!! If I ordered a Chicken dish, I would expect chicken as a primary ingredient and not sauce.
I like this place since it is closer, but I would rather drive a little distance to get what I pay for.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The India House is a comfortable and cozy home on cold, snowy, and rainy nights. On weeknights its not crowded, and the service is to the point, with fried appetizers, crispy nan, and luscious yogurt. The Lamb vandaloo(sp) is palatable, and savory. Diners who avoid the pungent lamb fragrance, might welcome this easy taste, which doesn't overpower.
We ordered the vegetarian sampler, which is a feast, and leaves copious leftovers. There is a lunch buffet, perhaps on Sunday that appears to be a value.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

This is not only my favorite Indian restaurant, it is my favorite restaurant period. The staff is always friendly, the prices are reasonable and the food is AMAZING. I used to live 5 minutes away and ate here at least 3 times a week. Now that I have moved I only get a chance to get there about once a year and I assure you I go directly from the airport to India House. Please visit this fabulous restaurant as often as possible :)

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Being Indian I am very critical when it comes to Indian restaurants. So when we decided to eat at India house on our way back from Niagara falls, I was not sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and friendliness of the staff. The food was very authentic and tasty. The naan was very soft and fresh out of the oven. The curries were spiced right. I highly recommend this place and would definitely eat here if I am in the Syracuse area.

1  Thank gopalshenoy
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Eating at India House Restaurant is great! My whole family loves it! Which is difficult to find, with my picker eaters! My younger son loves the chicken dal soup, my daughter enjoys to eat an appetizer called vegetable pakora (she says they put something in it to make them taste not like vegetables LOL), my husband and I both order the chicken tika masala! It is so flavorful I feel like I can tasta all of the spices!