“Santangelo's in Liverpool - Good family Italian”

Santangelo's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours May Vary On Holidays
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This has been my favorite restaurant and a must see for authentic Italian. If you enjoy calamari then the appetizer is a must! It is also an amazing entree. They have wonderful pizza breads and homemade ravioli. My favorite entree is Shrimp ala Fina and the Seared Scallops ala Colombo. I come for my birthday each year and have either the Sam's Cake or the Chocolate Canoli Cake for my dessert. The wine selections are very good. You do not walk away hungry or unhappy.

I really enjoy the flexibility the restaurant environment offers. You can wear jeans or formal wear. Kids or private couple. And Christmas holiday the place is decorated wonderfully.

Reservations are highly recommended.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We came to this restaurant upon a recommendation from the front desk of the hotel we were staying at and we were pleasantly surprise. The quality of the food was exceptional, portions are enormous (especially considering it is a higher end restaurant) and the service really friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. Actually, I did. I pointed my in-laws, who spend a lot of time in restaurants, in the direction of Santagelo's and they loved it too.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

As always the meal was fantastic........this review is about our server Amanda. We chose to eat in the bar area and she was absolutely what made our dining experience exceptional.........great personality, knew the specials, attentive and what I noticed was that she was that way with every table she waited on. Fantastic customer service.....

Thanks Amanda!
Trish & Nick

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Had my mom's 75th birthday celebration with immediate family. Service was just okay...our server seemed disinterested and almost annoyed. We had brought our own cake and were hoping servers would join us in singing happy birthday. Food was just mediocre. Didn't live up to the Italian hospitality we were expecting from an Italian restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We went to celebrate a family occasion, our reservation was at opening time on a Sunday afternoon. The service was very good, our server was very friendly and took care of the details. The meals came quickly, almost all of our meals were very good. The salmon however came with a very spicey sauce that was not referred to on the menu. Quickly an alternate was selected, but by the time it had arrived all the other meals were consumed. The alternate fish had a few bites taken from it, then boxed. Other than this bump in the road, everybody else had a good meal.