“Service and Food: Both to be Desired”

Santangelo's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 119 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours May Vary On Holidays
Albany, New York
“Service and Food: Both to be Desired”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I ate here in January of 2012 after not having visited for about two years. Both the service and the food--at least the desserts--have diminished considerably. When my wife and I arrived, we waited at least five minutes to be seated--and that only after I ducked my head in the kitchen to get someone. To their credit, they were very apologetic. The waitress came right away, but then when we said we were skipping right to dessert--we'd eaten dinner somewhere else--she was visibly upset. She brought out desserts out right from the back and brought out checks a second later. We felt totally rushed. I used to love the Sam's Cake, but it was much too sweet this time. I don't know if I'll return.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank grenba

“The food is unbelievably good and they have great service!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Every meal I've ordered there has been nothing short of delicious! The staff are very cordial and professional. The only bad thing about a great place is there's always a waiting list! But that's not really a bad thing!

Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“We will be back”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Our son is currently in graduate school at Syracuse University and when we visit, we stay in Liverpool, New York. It is a rare visit for us that does not include a dinner at Santangelo's Restaurant. We all like it very much. My husband usually gets more traditional Italian meals and is partial to their Veal Parmesan. My son and I usually take turns ordering Will's Tuscan Pork Chop and the Pork Chop Ala Andalo. Both are excellent. And there are vegetarian selections for our daughter. We have found that the service is good and friendly. We will definitely go back to Santangelo's!

• Visited November 2011
Syracuse, NY
“Excellent Service and yummy dishes”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I recently used a gift certificate to here and it had been years since our last visit. I had Veal Marsala and my hubby had a homemade pasta and meatball dinner. We also enjoyed the Antipasto salad that our server made up just for two. His suggestions were excellent. We sampled the soups which were chicken noodle and clam chowder. Everything was delish and we left there thinking...."we need to come back here again soon". I got a cheesecake to go which was also excellent and throughly enjoyed about 2 hours later at home..

• Visited August 2011
Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, The Netherlands
“Not quite italian food...”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

As we were passing through Syracuse, we decided a local otalian restaurant would be our best bet for food in the area.

As we entered the restaurant, we found a dark restaurant with a funky smell. The only light provided seemed to come from the big screens showing sports. Music was anything but italian. I guess they didn't want to pose as a real italian restaurant.

We ordered chicken and veil parmigiano, but were really suprised to receive batter-fried chicken and veil filet with a very basic tomato sauce, seemingly straight from the can. Pasta, brought in a seperate bowl, was boiled to death and was covered with thesame bland sauce.
Right now, we are in the hotel room recovering with over active bowels and a very regretfull memory.

As italian food it was a disaster. As americanized, destroyed eating... Also...

2 Thank ArjanS87