“Always good food”

Good for: Families with children
Baldwinsville, New York, United States
“Always good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have never had a bad meal at any of the locations. The food is very constant. However, service can be hit or miss

Visited March 2013

Syracuse, New York
“Atmosphere that matches your appetite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

First of all, I must say I am a fan. I've been a few dozen times between the Clay and Liverpool locations, and even though I live in Clay, I love the trendy cafe setting that liverpool offers. Clay's caters to more of a fine dining setting. The fireplace is an especially nice touch, as is the refreshing decor.

Food wise, I love Thai food, and though theirs is probably a little different than what you're used to, its noteworthy and exceptional. The Pad Thai, which is by far the most popular Thai dish, is amazing. A concoction of flavors and textures at work... I also love the Prig Pow and the Panang Curry. Their soup aromas are amazing too. I intend to try everything on their menu, which of course there are some things not as mind blowing as others, like any restaurant, but even if you're new to Thai cuisine, there's something familiar for even the most uninitiated.

I hope to see this local chain do well and stick around awhile. Its a refreshing departure from the national chains and over-visited anchor restaurants that Syracuse is home to. Hats off to the owners for being brave enough to introduce us to your styles of cooking and restaurant aesthetics! Syracuse needed something like you for awhile!

• Visited May 2013
Dares Beach, MD
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I thought this was more of an in and out type of place, but this is not the case. It was very cozy inside and the service was fantastic! The egg rolls were a bit different from what I was expecting, but definitely not disappointing. Meat filled and just tasty! There are a lot of menu items that stand out, but whatever you get you will enjoy!

Visited March 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Maybe Thai is just not my thing. Didn't enjoy my meal at all. The garlic was so overpowering that I could eat it.

Visited September 2012
Joe J, Manager at appeThaizing Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hi JKStayathomemommy,

Thanks so much for your review and we're so sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal. I wonder if you ordered Gratiem Prig Thai. If it were pizza, it will be garlic lovers kind. (Gratiem means garlic.) That's why garlic could overpower everything on the dish. If you allow us another chance in the future, may I suggest noodle dishes which is more popular and could be more to your liking.

Anyway, We took your feedback seriously and will forward to the chef for improvment. Again, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Joe Jittaratlert
Rochester, New York
1,918 restaurant reviews
“Pretty decent, with room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I ate at this modern-looking storefront restaurant tonight, and had what I would call a middle-of-the-road" Thai meal. It was tasty, and the service was very friendly, but yet there was also room for improvement.

The decor of the restuarant is actually very pretty, witha fireplace in the middle of the main dining room, separating the bar from the front tables. It is a "storefront" place, with an entry right off the street, so the ambiance is probably a little nice away from the front windows. But it's all still fairly nice, and never dingy or dirty.

I placed an order for fresh spring rolls, which they could not serve since they were out of the wrappers. So I bypassed the appetizer entirely, as they do serve a small salad with every meal. I ordered mine with a peanut dressing, which was adequate but not special.

For my main course, I ordered one of my usual favorites, a panang curry dish with shrimp and pineapple. I ordered it "hot," although I later learned that hot does not mean HOT. If you want some real heat, you need to order "Thai spicey," which was not explained up front.

The food came out and I was surprised at the relatively small portions on my plate. My dish did have five shrimp on it, but there was little else; a few chunks of pineapple, some pepper, and the sauce itself, which was pretty good. But it was a smaller portion than any Thai place I've ever eaten. Also, I had to go up and ask for some ground red pepper, which I applied three times to bring the dish up to the heat that I desired. I also asked for brown rice instead of white, but this restaurant does not carry it...one of the only Thai restaurants I've ever eaten where they did not include brown rice on the menu.

Once I got the heat up to the level that I desired, the dish tasted pretty good, although there really wasn't enough for me for dinner. I used my rice to stir into the main course in order to extend it a bit.

As I said earlier, the service was very friendly, and the food came out pretty rapidly. But I must admit that this place ranked rather low on my overall list of Thai restaurants, and I probably will try some others than return to dine here.

• Visited January 2013
Hi JKStayathomemommy,

Thanks so much for your thorough review and we're so sorry that you didn't meet your expectation. We took your feedback seriously and will forward to the chef for improvement. Again, Thank you very much for your feedback and hope you give us a chance to serve you again.

Best Regards,