“Best Western Plus Hotel Liverpool New York”

Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very comfortable, quiet hotel about 10 minute drive from Destiny Mall and 40 minutes from Waterloo outlet malls. Grocery shopping nearby. Extremely friendly staff, especially the "breakfast" lady and manager. The new beds are terrific; my wife slept 8 hrs a night for the 3 nights we were there, more than she has in years. When we checked out, I left several clothing items by mistake. When I called about 5 days later the day staff said there was nothing like the items I described in the "lost" box, but would check the room.. No return call, so I spoke directly to the manager who did check the room but found nothing. I think however had the room next must have removed the items. At a previous stay at the Best Western in Winchester, VA, a friend left items behind & my wife received a phone call saying the items would be held til' we returned 10 days later.

Unlike any of our other stays at BW hotels in the US and Canada, we did not receive an on-line survey asking us to rate the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 449Alex
Ralph D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Once again, please allow me to apologize for not being able to locate the items you spoke of leaving behind during your stay. Our team knows to immediately log in and place in our 'Lost & Found' section of the storage area anything a guest leaves behind. We are always willing to return left behind items to the guest when we recover them. I do thank you for your review and am glad that we were able to provide you an excellent service and a comfortable stay. I truly hope that you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to the area. On behalf of the entire team, we do wish you a Wonderful Summer!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great reservation agent--very helpful! Friendly and efficient check-in agent. Comfortable and first-class accommodations. Very comfortable and quiet room. Ease of location to local attractions, yet out-of-the busyness. Bed was amazing. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! It goes without saying that we strive as a team to provide each guest we meet with excellent service while enjoying a comfortable stay with us. It is our aim to make each our guests feel welcome and appreciated for their business. Whether it is your first or hopefully one of several stays here with us, we aim to provide consistent excellence while building a lasting relationship with our guests. Please know that your review will be passed along to the entire team in order to encourage us all to maintain our positive reputation. Have a Wonderful Summer and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that this hotel is awesome! The facilities are very clean and the rooms are newly renovated and are very spacious and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were fantastic. The staff members were friendly and caring. Contrary to a previous reviewer's experience, the breakfast staff member was extremely helpful and of giving nature and was eager to help us. We had a great stay!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank FMoss

As GM, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it when a guest takes the time to write a review of their stay. We work hard as a team in order to make sure our guests receive excellent service and each member takes great pride in those efforts. And Barbara consistently gives personal attention to each of her guests at breakfast. Building relationships with our guests is the aim of each member of this team and we are encouraged when we receive reviews such as yours. Thank you again for your kind comments in your review and for your business! I am glad that we have all been able to maintain consistency for you during each visit to the area and we look forward to your next stay! Have a Wonderful Summer!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The G. M. is Ralph Marzo I believe. We been going there for a few years. and Ive been meaning to write before this. The help in the rooms are friendly and accomdating . Some of the rest are nice and remember you. The one constant ray of sunshine is Barbara in the kitchen nook. Now we go back just because of her. There have been times when some guest are rude to her and she never raises her voice and is pleasant and professional. This is a free breakfast served with care and friendleness. It is kept clean and plenty of food. Barb cant seem to do enough for you and remembers to ask about how things are going every time you come. We feel its like coming home and we cant wait until morning just to see her smiling face. Im so glad they hired her and thanks for listening. Regards Pearl Jaekel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pearl J

Thank you so very much for taking the time to send these kind and encouraging words! As a valued regular, many of our team here enjoy your stays with us. Barbara is such a genuinely kind and caring individual, it is my belief that she truly impacts our guest rating in the most positive way. The entire team here takes pride in their work and it is a total team effort in making sure that our guests receive excellent service. Please know that your comments will be passed along to the entire team, including Barbara. We look forward to your next visit with us and wish you a Wonderful Summer!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stay in the Syracuse area for business several times a month. I am quite familiar with many of the hotels in the (large geographic) area. At a certain level, there are only small things that distinguish one hotel from another. I am a frequent guest at the Best Western Plus Grace Inn and Suites, and while the rooms are fairly comfortable and clean, the staff is generally what brings me back. "B", the woman who runs the breakfast area is one of the most personable and friendly people I've ever dealt with as far as hotel staff go, and I take great exception to the review below that states otherwise. There is no way in the world that anyone had that experience at the BW breakfast room, unless someone else was filling in on that day. Highly suspect, and makes me suspicious of any tripadvisor review going forward!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AnthonyFromVermont

On behalf of the entire team here, we wish to thank you VERY MUCH for your uplifting and encouraging comments about your stays with us! As a regular guest who stays, you are obviously well aware of the fact that our team takes great pride in their efforts every day and Barbara is a highly valued part of this team! While we are all entitled to our opinion and public forums such as this venue, I have an obligation as GM to address those opinions as honest expressions of guests' opinions regardless of my personal view and opinion. As a professional, any legitimate, serious issues I always take up with the individual team member in a private meeting, never publicly. Thank you for your business and I greatly appreciate your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon, please have a Wonderful Summer!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

very good hotel--clean, good service and bigger room. staff is very helpful. the amenities are great--in door swimming pools and exercise rooms. near to the expressway but not very noisy if the window is closed. good air conditioner

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ralph D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! It is our goal to make sure we provide each guest we meet with excellent service. We also want our guests to feel welcome and comfortable during their time here. We appreciate your encouraging comments as they help us stay focused on our goals. Working as a team together is critical to our maintaining our reputation for our service. Thank you again for your business and please have a Wonderful Summer!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Seinfeld has his Soup Nazi and BW has its Breakfast Nazi.
You will see her patrolling the food line and sizing up the guests.
If you appear at breakfast more than once, she calls you out on it.
The first day I explained to her that I wasn't eating again, but was taking breakfast back to my husband who was showering before golfing in the Jim Boeheim tournament. Why did I have to explain myself?
The second day she again confronted me when I returned to get some fruit, which I couldn't carry back to the room on my first trip.
A guest asked her where the microwave went and she said that she hides the microwave in her office during breakfast hrs. But you could ask permission to go in the office and use it. What?!
Maybe we were on a hidden camera show and they just didn't tell us...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MomofFiveBuffaloNY
Ralph D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

There are simply no words to express the embarrassment felt after reading this review. While I always appreciate a wry sense of humor from our guests, there is no excuse for what you experienced. All I can say is that I am very sorry for you having been made to feel anything other than welcome and appreciated for your business. There is no rules like what you were told in place here and our breakfast is provided for our guests' enjoyment, not to be an issue of being questioned or limited. Please know that this issue will not take place again at this hotel and I will be personally reviewing this review with each member of my entire staff. Please do not hesitate to ever bring any issue to the attention of a member of this team or to me directly. I truly hope we have another chance to show you exactly the excellent level of service we strive to maintain daily. I am again very sorry for your experience, please have a Wonderful Summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
#3 of 11 in Liverpool

Been to Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!