“What a pleasant night's sleep”

Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Best Western Plus hotel is a very well maintained property. My room had been thoroughly cleaned and was left with an inviting fragrance as I entered the room. It had a king size bed, with fluffy non- feathered Pillows ( being allergic to life this was a pleasant change) a comfortable couch, a well lit work space with adequate power outlets and strong free wireless connection. The only thing that was not updated was the 27” tube TV, clipping much of the intended picture. The bathroom was bright, clean, with a powerful flushing commode and equally strong shower.
The check inn staff and the lady running the breakfast were all cheery and very helpful. The quality the free breakfast was well above the expected average. The hotel was however off the beaten path.
That was not an issue for dinner because I found a wonderful Wegmans supermarket less than a mile and a half away. It had everything from , Indian, Chinese, sushi, subs in their gourmet prepared food section. The also have a tremendous micro brew section featuring local and Eastern , Midwest and West coast fine craft beers. For those of us on a per diem…this is truly the way to go.
I highly recommend this hotel to the business traveler.

Room Tip: This was booked on hot wire and they tend to give you " handicapped rooms" I just tell the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I wanted a very special night for my wife's birthday so i decided to rent a room with a kings size bed with jacuzzi for a lovely touch .The nightmare started after coming from dinner , the hotel is in a good location in Liverpool , NY and the front desk service was excellent and very profesional , the price was fair , the room looked clean "but what a deception" when i got closed to the jacuzzi i killed a bug that was crawling out from the jacuzzi area and the jacuzzi was digusting it had ( rust and scum in the jets area , a bubble of wet paint on the floor and the plug was no where to be found ) . I called the front desk and he came to the room and apologized and i got a refund . He tried to help me find another room with jacuzzi in Syracuse area and it was nothing available and i ended up back in my house . IT RUIN MY WEEKEND . I called the manager three times and left him two voice mail on monday and he never answer , i called him again on tuesday and finally speak with him and he apologize but i felted that he didn't really care about what happend .

Room Tip: "Be sure the jacuzzi it's clean and nothing is missing"
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
7  Thank Eddie L
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Staff was great ,very friendly,right off the interstate 90,,but very quiet,and very clean will stay there again,pool area was clean and so was hot tub,restaurant near by were nice and so was the shopping

Room Tip: back room was at the back of the interstate was very quiet never heard a thing
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Outside appearance, right off of NY throughway is not exceptional having a tan/brown exterior, however, rooms are all updated, clean, quiet. Baths are clean, price is very good. Staff was very friendly and beds were comfortable. Only somewhat negative is that the internet speed was pretty slow. Breakfast is the usual fare with waffle maker, breads, etc... Easy on and off the highway was a plus and although there was some highway noise in the room, it was not at all disturbing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a spontaneous decision as plans during vacation changed and we had a couple of days to fill. The space, though just off the NYS Thruway, is quiet. The room was clean and we spent 2 great days enjoying Onondaga State Park and the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge nearby. There are decent restaurants nearby but check out Wegman's grocery for picnic and other food. Speaking of food, the breakfast buffet was just right and the server was excellent (we were there during the week). This is a nice place, and I'm picky. Check it out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My 12 year old daughter and I decided to do a ‘Back to School’ shopping excursion in and around the Syracuse area, and needed a hotel that would not only be clean and comfortable but relatively near many of the shopping malls, etc.
Right from the online booking, (where I got a terrific deal on Best Western’s website), the whole process was easy and cost effective.
When we got to the hotel, JoBeth was there to help us at the front desk and she made it very painless, indeed. We were checked in and on our way to our room in a flash. Upon entering our room, we were met with a very dank, musty odor, that seemed to be from some sort of humidity problem. We opened the window and thought that it may help to clear the air. Within 10 minutes of getting into our room, JoBeth inquired how everything was. When I told her about the odor, she asked if we would like to change rooms...an offer we took. Our new room was right across the hall and smelled much, much better. We thanked JoBeth and began our two day stay at this hotel...already satisfied with the cleanliness and terrific customer service.
Later that evening, we were anxious to use the hot tub, just to relax, after a day of driving and shopping. The hot tub was cold and not very enjoyable. A bit of an oversight to be sure, but I think the hotel was relatively quiet, so perhaps no one had used the hot tub in a while. When I alerted the front desk, I was told that it would be looked into and rectified. Well, rectified it was! The next evening we were very happy to have a nice HOT tub and we also were happy that we had it all to ourselves. The pool was also very clean and quite warm too...which was really nice.
The breakfast in the morning was nothing fancy but it had a little bit of something for everyone. One morning we had a choice of an egg/cheese omelette and sausage patties for the hot portion and the next morning it was scrambled eggs and sausage links. There was also a Belgian waffle maker and the waffles that people were making, (very easily, as there were detailed instructions pasted to the waffle batter dispenser), looked quite appetizing. You could also toast many kinds of breads ~ whole wheat, bagel, English muffin, croissant or even raisin bread. They had 3 kinds of cold cereal in dispensers and you could even make yourself some oatmeal. There were beautiful apples and bananas out as well. As for the coffee, it was very good; not as strong as I like it but it was tasty, and they even had French vanilla creamer, too...a nice touch. One of the loveliest things about the breakfast is Barbara, the woman who ran the breakfast and made sure there was enough of everything. She is perfect for the position as she was a real ‘ambassador’ for the hotel. Her bright smile and demeanor and her wealth of information was wonderful. She would be one big reason to go back to this hotel...true hospitality!
The other big reason this hotel will be on the top of my list when visiting the area again, is...the beds and pillows! I had two of the most comfortable sleeps, I’ve have had in a long time. The beds are so soft, (yet with support), and the FOUR pillows you get are all so soft. I hate when you go to a hotel and they have huge, hard pillows that give you a kink in your neck from sleeping on them. The pillows at this hotel are very soft, yet you can fold them if you need more support. I would also bet that, if asked, they would be very happy to get you firmer pillows, if required.
The other great ‘plus’ about this hotel, is the location. It is off the beaten path so it is a bit quieter. Even with the Interstate close by, I found it very quiet. We live in the country and I usually am bothered by city street noise. I wasn’t bothered here. It is still very close to many of the malls and shopping around and it didn’t take us more than half an hour to get anywhere. Destiny USA, the newly expanded and renamed mall (used to be the Carousel Mall), is only about 20 minutes away, and a Wegman’s grocery store, along with a major mall, is less than 15 minutes away. Lots of great restaurants to choose from, all within a 20 minutes drive. Just don’t forget a good GPS!
All in all, I would say that this hotel is a keeper on my list and we will be back! I’ll tell all my friends, who go shopping in Syracuse, (we are Canadian after all), that this is the hotel you want to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jojoasalock
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Even though the hotel fronts onto the thruway, we heard no traffic noise at all and there's a wonderful lake and picnic tables next to the hotel. Breakfast was plentiful, with hot waffles, yogurt, cereal, toast etc. The pool and hottub are indoors. After working at the NY state fair, it was nice to come back too. The second day, there were screaming kids, which echoed inside, but the other days we were alone. My only complaint is that they let children in the hottub and the water wasn't quite hot enough. The hotel is a bit older and could use some updating, but it was clean and comfortable for the price we paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ReneeT53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Homewood Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!