“Family Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 15, 2014

have eaten at the Lizard several times and enjoyed my choice each time really good brisket sandwich and of course ribs would send my friends there to eat

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Not living too far away from this restaurant in the Village of Liverpool, decided to have an early Mother's Day lunch with my daughter and her boyfriend at Limp Lizard. I had not eaten here, or at their other locations. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, around 1:30pm. Upon entering the hostess station where a couple was waiting for a table, we approached the hostess, who didn't look up, didn't acknowledge us and just went about her business. Hmmm, bad start. She left, returned, then said can I help you. Cheerfully, we said yes, could we please be seated on the bar side. She honored our request, sat us on the bar side, and said, "a waitress will not be with you for at least 15-20 minutes". Looking around, more than half the tables were empty. She said she shouldn't have seated us as there was really a wait time. Ok, my response, "ok, what about drinks?" Reply, "you can get them at the bar". Ugh, really? It's my Mother's Day lunch, a beautiful Day, I'm not at work, go to the bar, no problem. Went to the bar, was not much happiness there either, asked about one of the beers on tap, which were many, and was told, "I don't know", asked another question about a tap beer, again, "I don't know". Don't have so many tap beers unless you do know! How do they answer questions about their flights of beers they advertise behind the bar? Anyways, bottom line customer service sucks. Although, kudos to the waitress who saw us and came over sooner than expected. She was terrific. I had catfish tacos, which were very good. I will have to go back and give it another try, because my thought is that they were just having an off day and by this time my focus was taken away from the food.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went to Liverpool to have lunch at a well known hot dog place, but they were packed and it was too cold to wait outside. Stumbled on The Limp Lizard and had to give them a try since I had read there is a rivalry with Dino. I am not a fan of brisket so when I saw they had a Carolina style BBQ sandwich, I had to have it.
IMHO, it was very good but it was not prepared the same as pulled pork down in NC. I don't know what it was but it was different from what I am used to. It had thicker chunks of meat and had a different flavor. Having said that, I thought it was very tasty and moist...perhaps a bit too moist as the juice soaked the bottom bun and was rather messy. The slaw was also very good, but down in NC, the slaw on the sandwiches is chopped not shredded.
I also had their potato salad which was top notch. My other side was Hell FIre Chili. I was on the fence with this one. the texture was a bit unique which I liked...it was a drier style chili - (I was able to eat it with a fork). The heat came in pockets, one bite was mild another would have me reaching for my drink.
Did I leave full - Yes. Would I go back, heck yeah.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Decided to try this on the recommendation of others, was told it was better than the dinosaur BBQ.

The building had character and was nice for me. The service was quick and friendly, with no complaints.

The food came out pretty quickly and was a little cold. My wife and I both got ribs, and her side dish was cold as well. The ribs were big portions but were tough and dry.. Definitely not better than the dinosaur BBQ and more expensive.

Am happy I went to try, but will not be going back.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Food very good. Portions quite ample. Mostly serve barbecue stuff but good. Service was great as well. Nice atmosphere and lots of tv's to watch your favorite sport on. Could dine with family as well. Prices reasonable.