“Great Burgers!!!!!”
Review of Village Burger

Village Burger
Ranked #12 of 122 Restaurants in Liverpool
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was informed about this restaurant when it opened by my son. He kept telling me how good everything was. So friends and I tried it out....it was delicious...they also have fresh fish sandwiches. Service was quick and the prices are good.

1  Thank Gemini551

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I don't know if its competitors making terrible reviews, but my family loves this place. My husband loved the big smoothie burger, my son loves cheeseburgers, and I actually love their salad. I always order a chicken salad w avacado on it and its soooo good. The girls at the front counter are always nice and the cook seems friendly as well. I couldn't imagine any of the staff being rude to anyone, we have only had great experiences there!

1  Thank klmkorn
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had high expectations of what the burgers would be like here. We weren't bothered by the fact that this is a former McDonald's building. The place is pretty clean and they've covered the tables with black oilcloth which is tacked down. It was chilly in the building but we are Central New Yorkers and that was okay! We ordered our burgers from the chalkboard menu hanging behind the registers (up where the old McDonald's menu would have been). They cook their burgers Medium and advise that means pink in the middle. I ordered mine well done and I have to say, they did an excellent job on that! The burgers are BIG (half pound) and they do take a while to cook. Both myself and my dinner companion thought the beef lacked flavor and seemed to have no seasoning to it at all. The roll was not toasted. It was a large, very heavy roll that did nothing for the burger. All in all the burger was just okay. Yes, hand made pattie but lacking in flavor. The lettuce was nice and crisp though!! The fries are handcut and look to be homemade. They were fried nice and crisp but were covered in seasoned salt that reeked of garlic and you could see black which we presumed to be pepper. Halfway home in the car, I stated that my tongue felt as if I had licked the bottom of a bird cage. The fries just left a horrible coating of nasty flavor after you ate them. The place did have a bottled beer but we were looking for a soda. Sadly, they do not serve Pepsi nor Coca Cola products but instead have a generic line from what were told was a local supplier. I do not understand the wisdom, nor do I expect most people want "Cola" with this all American burger sandwich. That was another disappointment. The staff seemed clean and well trained. The prices were extremely fair. I just think the food has much room for improvement.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was the 4th visit for me. WEnt for take out lunch and ordered my favorite-loaded fries, and a burger. Ive forgotten the name of it, but it was a pink in the middle, juicy thick burger topped with a thick onion ring, thick sliced tomato and nice green lettuce and their special sauce. I really hope this local place stays on the map! Very very good.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had driven by and decided to stop. It looks like it is in an old McDonald's Restaurant and the décor hadn't really been updated. They had a pretty big menu and had chicken dishes and a kids menu. Prices were very reasonable. Burgers are huge and cooked to perfect, milkshakes are delicious and their homemade fries were very good. It is not a full-service restaurant. You place your order and when your number is called you go up and get your food. It was very good but I am not sure if I would make the trip (as we are about 30 minutes away) just to go there.