“Best Hotel Experience Ever”

Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Service was amazing. Rooms are fantastic and really feels like home. I will be using Staybridge for all of my traveling from now on whenever I can. They also have a basketball court and room storage areas for people who need more space.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I called this hotel on 2 separate occasions with questions and both times found staff rude. They acted like they were being bothered. The second time I called was to make sure there was sufficient parking for our Pick-up truck with Gooseneck 5th wheel trailer. I was told no. It's awful funny when their website shows ample parking. We are not talking a tractor trailer or an RV here. The Hampton Inn across the street had no problem with accommodating our request. Very friendly on the phone. They act like they want your business.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Sunshine2013_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the service you received that did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed staying there and will book there upon my return. The staff was .outstanding from the time I checked in until the time I checked out. It is new and clean and very comfortable. Great value with many amenities.. I recommend to everyone. Thx Lizz Day

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank 4lizz2
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I always stay in a Staybridge Suites when given the chance.. these suites are always fully equiped with a full kitchen and 2 rooms!.. everything is clean and works well. Staff were friendly and accomodating - if you have business in this area, I would definately stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was the first time ever my husband walked into a hotel room and was impressed. The rooms were spacious, clean and had everything we could possibly need. We had a wonderful stay; the staff was friendly and helpful. We have family in the area and will only stay at this location. This trip was for Christmas and it was stress free and we even got to swim on Christmas Eve!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wow, did we have a suite of a lifetime. What can I say, the suite was huge. Everything was there. The kitchenette had a stove, full size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher and everything needed to cook and eat. The washroom was split with the toilet and tub in one room and the sink in another. The king-sized bed was comfortable and very clean. The whole room was neat and tidy. The hotel was also dog friendly and provided a doggy area. We don't normally eat breakfast but did this day. Fantastic spread. The hotel is attached to the Holiday Inn where they have the restaurant. The staff was very friendly and the food was fantastic. If ever in Syracuse again we would definately stay at the Staybridge Suites. We have always stayed at the Holiday Inn's when travelling; now we will be staying at the Staybridge.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our family was looking for a hotel in the Syracuse area, and we happened upon the Staybrige Suites in Liverpool. We were a bit unsure since we had never heard of this hotel chain, but we saw that it was in the same family of hotels as Holiday Inn, so we took a chance since the combination of price and amenities was right. Boy, am I glad we took that chance.

We were able to book a two bedroom suite for $179, which was a heck of a deal. We were specifically looking for a suite, so that we could put our two young boys to bed at a decent hour, without having to sit in silent darkness like we have had to do in past hotel rooms. This room was perfect for this.

The suite featured two completely separate bedrooms, each with their own bathroom and flat screen tv's. The kids' bedroom had two double beds, and ours had a king bed. There was a common area in between which featured a third flat-screen tv and pull out couch and a small kitchen complete with a microwave, refrigerator with ice maker, dish washer, garbage disposal in the sink, coffee maker, and two burner stove. Although we did not do any cooking, there were a small assortment of dishes if you wanted to cook. All countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms were granite.

The hotel, in general, was very modern. The fitness room had a nice selection of cardio and weightlifting equipment, and there was a free laundry. The hotel was connected to the holiday inn and the two shared a pool. The indoor pool was decent, and heated, and the kids liked it. BTW the huge Syracuse Mall is very close, and I think that they run a free shuttle to it.

We took advantage of the free breakfast buffet, and that was really good. There was a really nice selection of hot and cold items. The kids really liked making their own waffles.

My wife commented that it was the nicest hotel room that we had ever stayed in, and that we will have to look for rooms like this in the future.

The only cons that I can think of is that the signage to the hotel is a bit limited, so you have to figure out that the Staybrige is behind the Holiday Inn Convention Center. Also, the mattress was a bit hard for my taste, but my wife and kids slept fine. Also, the heater was a bit noisy since the mechanical closet that it was in was in our room.

Bottom line is that this is a great place to go if you have kids and are looking for a suite. We will definitely look for more Staybrige suites in the future.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is great for a family!