Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool
$103
$93
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$159
Homewood
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
$87
$109
Hampton.com
$119
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$98
$88
$59
$56
All reviewsthe holiday innbedroom suitefree laundryfull kitchenlaundry roomgarbage disposalfree dinnerpull out sofaindoor poolhome away from homefront desk staffvisiting familylobby areawafflescomplimentary breakfasta great place to staystaff was friendly
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Let me start with my largest problem: our sheets were rampant with someone else's hair. I don't know if the sheets were washed and the hairs were caught in there, or housekeeping forgot to wear a hairnet, or if the sheets weren't washed at all. But it was gross. I didn't really notice until we were getting ready to check out, when my husband had lost his ring and we were searching the room. The hairs were obviously neither of ours. I had hoped to mention it to the desk or a manager when we were ready to check out- but there was only one person staffing a desk with a large number of people trying to leave as well, and she waived us by without further adieu. Housekeeping is only offered on a weekly basis, so they wouldn't have automatically changed our linens without us mentioning it.

Which leads me to my second problem: Most of the staff didn't seem to care about their guests. The woman checking us in- and a girl that I can only hope was in training (she didn't seem to know much about how the hotel operated) were nice enough our first night. But no one was particularly friendly, no one smiled or acknowledged us as humans when we walked by. It was odd.

The breakfast was okay. I say this, because my husband thought it was the greatest free breakfast he had ever had. I would have preferred a more thought out continental breakfast than what they had. (And the medium roast coffee was ALWAYS out. Multiple mornings in a row.) It wasn't bad, it was free, and it was very convenient- but not great.

Other than the oddly hairy bed, the rest of the room and building was clean and in good order. But our room was SMALL because of the layout (we had a queen non-smoking one-room.) We had our luggage on the coffee table because there was no other space for it- not even a luggage rack if we had wanted to put it elsewhere- and had to make space for one another.

So, in short- a lot of other people have had really positive experiences here- and I think my husband did too, because I didn't mention the state of the bed to him because it would have grossed him out needlessly- we couldn't go back in time and sleep in a clean bed. It was a nice property, pretty convenient, and a free hot breakfast for less than $100.

But should WE ever go back to Liverpool (and I rather think we will not) I will pay the extra $20 for the Crowne Plaza or Hampton. Or, you know. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: Brave the risk of getting a smoking room and book the unspecified suite with two rooms. And check the beds thoroughly before you climb in them.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Syracuse/Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear juicy318,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you found our location convenient. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for these reasons, your comments are very troubling and these will certainly be looked into.We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a suite on my first stay and really fell in love.

2nd and 3rd stay were regular rooms and they are nice too, but not like the suite which had a separate bedroom!

Great breakfast and evening meals provided. Good fitness room!

Found another nice place this trip that I might try next time I'm in town- Holiday Inn Express by the airport!

If I had gotten the suite again I would never try any place else.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We just returned from an overnight soccer tournament in the Syracuse area. Only great things to say about this hotel. Worked with Sarah Gordon for groups rates and she arranged use of the conference room for our team dinner after our Friday night game. Check-in was wonderful and front desk extremely accommodating. Hotel is beautifully decorated and extremely clean. Rooms were great for our teams. Full modern kitchens with granite countertops. Living room area great and bedrooms great as well. As we got back from our game late, we were unable to use the outside patio areas but they were very well maintained. Breakfast was also good with selections of fruits, bagels, waffles, eggs, bacon, etc. Traveling with a sports team we did need to do laundry that night. Laundry is complimentary to guests. Four washers and four dryers made cleaning 25 uniforms a breeze. Would definitely return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had several rooms in different areas of hotel and all were great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Syracuse, New York a few weekends ago to take in shopping at the outlet malls. This hotel was a wonderful place to stay. Very modern and clean. Our room had a great little kitchen, full size bathroom, flat screen TV and a comfy queen sized bed. The price was very good for everything we had. Staff in the breakfast area were very helpful and the food was terrific with lots of choices. Our main problem with this hotel is that it was hard to locate as we had used our GPS. You have to know that the hotel is well hidden behind the Holiday Inn and does not have sufficient signage to find it. There were features at the hotel that we did not get to use, but I feel would be great for vacationers - laundry facility, pool, basketball area, outdoor entertainment area, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel for your next stay.

Room Tip: I think all suites would be good here. We loved our suite as it faced the back of the hotel and overlooked the sitting area and basketball play area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at the Staybridge during the New York State Fair, let me start with the only negative I could find was a lack of signage other than at the entrance to the parking lot. However when I walk in the door I was not only greeted by friendly faces but a very comfortable and modern lobby. I was checked in promptly and was giving detailed information on the property (including a free dinner the night I was there!). The wireless internet was easy to access, and my friend was able to borrow an ethernet cable for his laptop that didn’t have access to a wireless card. I did not receive housekeeping on the weekend which was a bit different from my normal stay, the staff at the desk did explain to me at check in that if I needed housekeeping I could ask the day before to receive it so I wasn’t caught off guard. Food options for both dinner and breakfast were nice, they even made me a veggie burger the night they were grilling. All in all one of the nicest stays I have had at a hotel, with friendly staff, good service, and comfortable rooms that made me feel at home, when I travel in the future I will look for other Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends