“Enjoyed but needs a 2nd look”

Il Bacco Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Little Neck
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
NYC
“Enjoyed but needs a 2nd look”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

At first view, not overly impressed; valet pkng never made eye contact and NO greeting whatsoever-two of them (upon exiting they were friendly, assuming tip was imminent?). Host told us to wait for next host and just left there.....ok. Waiter did not offer wine menu - had to ask for it and then he wanted to know if we were ordering by the glass or full bottle. Why do I need to explain up front? To be fair, they had a large party (pretty noisey too) going on so I guess we can accept some issues I guess. Later on the waiter warmed up and I feel he did try his best. I had the Rigatoni Bolognese which was veal - it was absolutely delicious! My friend had the veal parmigiana which the menu sez is veal medalions any style but it was not medalions, just a piece of veal and he was not impressed at all by it. I do judge a restaurant by first impressions upon entry, but I am willing to give them a second try based on my delicious meal. BTW, impressive million dollar makeover here and they have a one-car elevator in back of the restaurant. Will check back in next try!

• Visited June 2013

Queens, New York
“Best service around”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food, great service. The owner, Joe, greets everybody as if they're a celebrity. Most of the staff seem to be regulars who also remeber you if you come in more than once. It can get crowded at times, but the wait is usually short and worth it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kevinh17
Mill Neck, New York
“Loved it! Could do without the wait.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The food and service were excellent. Expect a wait though. They don't take reservations unless its a large party. We waited an hour for a table when they told us 30 minutes. If I hadn't been so hungry and known how good the food was, I would have left.

New York City, New York
“good food great ambiance”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Noisy,open space..beautifully decorated..attentive service..valet parking...traditional northern italian menu..food is ,tasty,fresh,but not exceptional,

ithaca
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a great dinner. The quality of the food was excellent, the portions ample, and the service prompt and courteous. The only small complaint was that it is very noisy, as the room has limited soundproofing options. The atmosphere is very authentic and attractive, but at the same time the restaurant is very relaxed, like you would find at a good trattoria in Italy. It really is a perfect place for family and friends to get together for high quality and authentic Italian food.

• Visited July 2012