“What a fun find!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Marco Island, Florida
“What a fun find!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have friends who had been here before and suggested a trip (an hour's drive from our homes) to this place. Menu sounded great, photos looked beautiful, and hey, maybe we might see a ghost! No ghosts, but a gorgeous dribe along the Mohawk, fun drinks in the dungeon, and a remarkable meal in the castle. Food was beautifully presented and delicious. Wait staff was top notch, and the food was very reasonably priced. A couple was having a wedding on the grounds (also very pretty) and then a reception dinner upstairs, but we heard no noise in the main dining area at all. Would definitely go there again. Surprised it was #2 in Little Falls, NY. Will have to check out #1 some day as well!

• Visited June 2014

Schenectady, New York
“Still love how reasonable and delicious the meal is!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had last eaten in the castle in November 2013, and have been telling everyone to go. We finally had a chance to take our family there on December 26. What we love most about our meals there is that it seems to be one of the few fancy restaurants that still provides bread, salad, and a main dish with vegetable and starch as all part of the meal price. My husband and I are tired of expensive restaurants that seem to only have a main entree with a biteful of vegetable and that's about it. Plus, the entrees are unique and quite tasty.

We did order the chocolate cake on this trip (I forget the name of it now-Chocolate Decadence?), but in 2013 it was a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and tasted a bit better than this recent cake which didn't have the raspberry sauce. The previous cake was the best I'd ever had so it would be hard to top. I hope they can bring that cake back.

The setting was beautiful and we were next to a fireplace, but we were surprised it wasn't lit. That would have really topped off our evening, but we still enjoyed the woodwork everywhere on the walls and ceilings. After our meal, we walked downstairs to show our sons the dungeon and noticed bottles cemented into the walls. Very interesting.

We did go to a mystery dinner once and really had a fun night, but, as should be expected, the food isn't quite as good as ordering individual meals. But, we would do that again.

It's in a beautiful setting, delicous food, reasonable prices, and worth the hour drive.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Wendy047
Utica, New York
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Been coming here for over 20 years. Yesterday I turned 60, This establishment was my FIRST choice. My wife was esp disappointed. It was quite chilly inside so we sat with our winter coats on the entire time and we were VERY HURT when the hostess asked others but NOT US if they'd like to sit near one of the fireplaces. Guess we'll have to look elsewhere to celebrate our 39th anniversary on Dec 7th. Sad, :(

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mkrukar
Mohawk, NY
“Thanks for a great evening!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently spent an evening in the Dungeon with our son, his wife and in-laws. Everything was just perfect. Thanks so much to Lynn for securing our reservation in the wine room. There was a wedding on the third floor, a full booked dining room upstairs, and a rehearsal dinner party also taking place. Our service was impeccable, and the food was very good. It was a great experience for our out of town guests. Thanks so much for going out of your way during one of your busiest weekends! We will continue to be regulars! Thanks again!

• Visited October 2013
Long Island, New York
“Still a beautiful location with very good food.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been to Beardslee before- 6 years ago. Unfortunately this time we happened to be there during the first week of school. The place was deserted. Literally we were the only people in the entire place at 8pm.
The menu is much different than the last time I was here.( was hoping for the BBQ eels ) I'm told the menu is different all the time.
The server was very nice and is very versed in the menu, she was able to answer all my questions. BIG plus here - they make gluten free bread in house.
The food is good - the portions especially of the soup were large - you might want to share with a couple of people if you're ordering soup.
I still recommend their seafood- I had scallops this time and they were well seasoned and cooked perfectly. My friend couldnt eat anything else after the french onion soup she was totally stuffed and didnt even finish the bowl. :)

• Visited September 2013