“A little disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Beardslee Castle
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Little Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Utica, New York
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Been coming here for over 20 years. Yesterday I turned 60, This establishment was my FIRST choice. My wife was esp disappointed. It was quite chilly inside so we sat with our winter coats on the entire time and we were VERY HURT when the hostess asked others but NOT US if they'd like to sit near one of the fireplaces. Guess we'll have to look elsewhere to celebrate our 39th anniversary on Dec 7th. Sad, :(

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mkrukar

Mohawk, NY
“Thanks for a great evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently spent an evening in the Dungeon with our son, his wife and in-laws. Everything was just perfect. Thanks so much to Lynn for securing our reservation in the wine room. There was a wedding on the third floor, a full booked dining room upstairs, and a rehearsal dinner party also taking place. Our service was impeccable, and the food was very good. It was a great experience for our out of town guests. Thanks so much for going out of your way during one of your busiest weekends! We will continue to be regulars! Thanks again!

• Visited October 2013
Long Island, New York
“Still a beautiful location with very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been to Beardslee before- 6 years ago. Unfortunately this time we happened to be there during the first week of school. The place was deserted. Literally we were the only people in the entire place at 8pm.
The menu is much different than the last time I was here.( was hoping for the BBQ eels ) I'm told the menu is different all the time.
The server was very nice and is very versed in the menu, she was able to answer all my questions. BIG plus here - they make gluten free bread in house.
The food is good - the portions especially of the soup were large - you might want to share with a couple of people if you're ordering soup.
I still recommend their seafood- I had scallops this time and they were well seasoned and cooked perfectly. My friend couldnt eat anything else after the french onion soup she was totally stuffed and didnt even finish the bowl. :)

• Visited September 2013
Saratoga Springs
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

One of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Close your eyes and when you open them you would believe you were in an Irish Castle.. Food is wonderful and menu changes daily. Service super good! Grounds beautiful. Everyone should visit and dine here at least once. We make it a point to take all of our out of town guests here even though it is an hour drive. recommend highly!

• Visited August 2013
Cocoa, Florida
“Is it tomorrow yet?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was a super bad experience, which is a shame because at least one of the service people (Hannah) seemed to be really trying hard. The "speed of service" (I use the term loosely) my group experience here was absolutely horrific. As an example, it took 12 minutes for us to receive menus once we were seated, and 27(!) minutes for our drink order to be taken. I should probably mention that there were somewhere near 7 other people in the restaurant other than my table.

Additionally, our drink glasses were very often empty. In fact, I actually went downstairs into the bar area at one point to order a round of drinks, since there was no table service forthcoming. The downstairs bartender was fantastic, by the way. Once our salads arrived to the table, the one waitress (never gave her name), literally dropped them off while she was still moving! It was my first ever "drive-by salading".

Once our meals finally arrived (one hour and 44 minutes after we ordered - which was a long time after we were seated), it shouldn't have been a surprise that 50% of the entrees were incorrect (2 were very cold, 2 were misprepared (rare/well done), and one was completely the wrong dish.

So...what could I do? I asked to speak with the manager (owner). Wrong move on my part. I got to have a conversation with someone who acted _very_ defensive. I even explained that I was only trying to provide feedback, not really, y'know, complain. I just shared the facts of my evening so far. I basically was told "Sorry if _you_ think the service is bad". When I got back to the table, the rest of the party said "Was she actually arguing with you?!".

The food was marginal, but even if it had been fantastic, it wouldn't have made up for the poor experience overall. On the upside, the physical restaurant itself is stunning. Very very pretty. I wonder if you can bring your own food in and just rent a table?

• Visited August 2013