“Thanksgiving Dud”

Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Little Falls
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I had Thanksgiving dinner at the castle with the understanding that real turkey was being served. Much to our shock we received turkey roll the kind you would get at the deli of your local grocery store. At $20.00 per person (I had 5 people) it was the most disappointing Thanksgiving ever!! The presentation was as if someone just scooped a pile o cr.. onto the plate. The worst part was that I had read a similar review from the Thanksgiving before and was assured that the turkey they served was real. So on top of the worst turkey dinner ever I was lied too!!
Never again, it's to bad as the castle is a great place to have dinner but I'll have to wait until a real resturant opens.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

It had been 12 years since I last visited the castle but last Sunday we went there for my birthday and we definitely won't wait that long again!! The grounds looked amazing--there were 2 weddings going on taking advantage of the gorgeous fall foliage as well. Our waiter (I wish I remembered his name) was quick and courteous and prior to seating we went down stairs in to the "dungeon" for drinks and you will never see such a set up anywhere else--all stone--candle lit in most areas and there are photos of ghosts in the bar for you ghost hunters out there. The history of this place is just amazing! For an appetizer we had the fried ravioli (although I Really wanted to try the alligator cakes but I'll save that for next visit!) and they were cooked perfectly with just the right amount of sauce. For dinner we both had the filet mignon which melted in our mouths like butter!! Disappointed we didn't catch any ghosts in our photos, as so many have, but for an exceptional meal with one of a kind architecture, Beardslee exceeded our expectations!!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Have eaten there many times over the years and have never been disappointed. This past Saturday we celebrated a 39th anniversary with dinner at the "castle". It is a 1hour and 15 minute drive for us but no disappointment and well worth the trip. Menu changes with the seasons and has yet to leave us with a 'ho-hum' dinner. The history of the Mohawk Valley and the industrial revolution is part of the 'castle' history. Go to their web site for details. I am not a "ghost-a-phile" but, strange things have happened when we go there. On 2 occasions we have had camera batteries fail when they were fresh and charged and several friends have had the same phenomenon occur and flashes have ceased to work....? Marvelous architecture and wonderful service.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband grew up about 1/2 hour from here, so to get me to go home with him for a visit, he MUST take me to Beardslee Castle. The downstairs bar is a little spooky but the upstairs is just beautiful. We has dinner there and both had the shrimp and and tortillini dish which was just fantastic. Before you go, read about the history on the internet so you really can appreciate it even more.

1  Thank ColCat86
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Everytime I have ever dined at Beardslee it has been amazing the food the ambiance and the staff exceeded all my expectations! Its a must !

1  Thank dank1044