“Put this place on your bucket list!!!”
Review of Beardslee Castle

Beardslee Castle
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Little Falls
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Syracuse NY
“Put this place on your bucket list!!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It had been 12 years since I last visited the castle but last Sunday we went there for my birthday and we definitely won't wait that long again!! The grounds looked amazing--there were 2 weddings going on taking advantage of the gorgeous fall foliage as well. Our waiter (I wish I remembered his name) was quick and courteous and prior to seating we went down stairs in to the "dungeon" for drinks and you will never see such a set up anywhere else--all stone--candle lit in most areas and there are photos of ghosts in the bar for you ghost hunters out there. The history of this place is just amazing! For an appetizer we had the fried ravioli (although I Really wanted to try the alligator cakes but I'll save that for next visit!) and they were cooked perfectly with just the right amount of sauce. For dinner we both had the filet mignon which melted in our mouths like butter!! Disappointed we didn't catch any ghosts in our photos, as so many have, but for an exceptional meal with one of a kind architecture, Beardslee exceeded our expectations!!!!

• Visited October 2012

Saratoga Springs, New York
“good food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Have eaten there many times over the years and have never been disappointed. This past Saturday we celebrated a 39th anniversary with dinner at the "castle". It is a 1hour and 15 minute drive for us but no disappointment and well worth the trip. Menu changes with the seasons and has yet to leave us with a 'ho-hum' dinner. The history of the Mohawk Valley and the industrial revolution is part of the 'castle' history. Go to their web site for details. I am not a "ghost-a-phile" but, strange things have happened when we go there. On 2 occasions we have had camera batteries fail when they were fresh and charged and several friends have had the same phenomenon occur and flashes have ceased to work....? Marvelous architecture and wonderful service.

• Visited September 2012
Hollywood, Florida
“A must .......”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband grew up about 1/2 hour from here, so to get me to go home with him for a visit, he MUST take me to Beardslee Castle. The downstairs bar is a little spooky but the upstairs is just beautiful. We has dinner there and both had the shrimp and and tortillini dish which was just fantastic. Before you go, read about the history on the internet so you really can appreciate it even more.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ColCat86
waterville NY
“Fall time is a must !”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Everytime I have ever dined at Beardslee it has been amazing the food the ambiance and the staff exceeded all my expectations! Its a must !

Visited October 2011
1 Thank dank1044
Herkimer, New York
“Always romantic”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We return to Beardslee as often as we can, because it's a very special place to us. We were married there in 1995, and we dine there now because of the food as well as the atmosphere. The special events, like the psychic fairs and ghost lectures, also add to the "haunted" aura of the place. Believe me, this is not a "scary" place--just wonderfully mysterious. I love the duckling and all of the fish specialties. Eating in the dungeon downstairs is fun, and there is a bar menu as well as the restaurant menu available there.Our out-of-town guests are always amazed at this wonderful restaurant just a few miles out of town.

• Visited August 2012