“Pedestrian Lindenhurst”
Review of Bay Vue

Bay Vue
Reserve with OpenTable
Bay Vue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 91 Restaurants in Lindenhurst
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Typical of most, if not all restaurants in blue collar Lindenhurst, this is a hi hum place. On the Great South Bay, offers little in the way of seafood. Service is ok, but the people here in our village don't know any better, so it is what it is.

1  Thank P Brian S

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My friends and I were picking up a boat to deliver to Chester, CT we were without ground transportation and the Bay Vue was within walking distance from our boat. I read the previous trip advisor reviews and we decided we had a 50/50 change for a good meal. We were seated and our waiter was right there to take our drink order and returned for our meal order. The food was served hot and everthing was prepared as ordered.
The service was good but I think the pricing was a little high.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I just moved our boat to the marina where the Bay Vue restaurant is located and decided to check it out last night for dinner. However, having read the negative reviews that this restaurant has been getting, not only under its present name, but also under the name that it used to go under, "Lighthouse On The Bay," we certainly had reason for concern.

Thus, when we went last night -- to celebrate our wedding anniversary -- the very first thing I did was introduce ourselves to our waitress and immediately let her know that we were VERY concerned about the poor reviews the place was getting, but were willing to test the place out anyway. I made it clear, however, that she AND the chef were on notice; that they should try hard NOT to disappoint us. I also told her that either way the night went, we would be posting a review to tripadvisor. In her favor, she was thankful for our honesty and promised that she would do whatever she could to make our visit a pleasant one.

In short, she did, and it was.

We went with their specials of the night, figuring that if the chef is calling those dishes "special," that they very may turn out to be "special." For an appetizer, we split a baked clam dish that they had, and it was very, very good, was presented very nicely, and was spiced perfectly. Then, my wife had the salmon special which she absolutely loved, evidence by the quickness in which she devoured it. I had the linguini with clams and there were plenty of clams onboard to keep me happy.

When we couldn't decide between two wines that we wanted, the waitress brought us samples of both, which was very helpful and allowed us to make a pick that worked well for our dinner.

All in all, I'd have to give this trip to this restaurant "two thumbs up," and pay it the best compliment that anyone could give to a restaurant, and that being: We WILL go again!

2  Thank RobertCep
Reviewed August 5, 2013

"Sprouting up from the coastal devastation of Super Storm Sandy, rises this unexpected surprise along the waterfront of all places, Lindenhurst. Formerly known locally as a beer and shot, fried fish favorite that closed, the Bay Vue has morphed into a dining experience that stands out among dockside eating along the South Shore. The New England Clam Chowder with a slight smoky flavor was memorable and an essential starter. For appetizers we veered off the main menu onto an unusual sushi supplement looking for old favorites. Yummy Balls are worth ordering just to watch the waiter's shy reaction to "How's your Yummy Balls?" They are delightful tuna-stuffed rice balls that arrived three to the serving and was a perfect tasting to share. The menu described the entrees completely, as did the server reading the dinner specials for the day that seemed to underscore the results of a highly trained chef with a culinary passion for adventure. Waterfront dining outdoors at Bay Vue on a beautiful July evening surely enhances the experience and ensures a return visit. But in this case, I'll also look forward to a weekday indoors, in January, as well.”

2  Thank jackier251
Reviewed July 22, 2013

DO NOT EAT HERE. I do not recommend this place to anyone. I don’t typically write reviews however I had the worst experience ever at this place and I want to prevent others from dealing with the bad service and headache this restaurant gives out. A group of us had recently went to dine at this establishment hoping to have a nice relaxing time unfortunately we experienced the opposite. Our server had no idea what she were doing or any knowledge about the food/ drinks. Our server also would disappear for quite some time leaving us to be without food or drinks for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. When we did place our order the server had brought out something different. When we requested alterations to be made to a dish, i.e. sushi without the rice, our server needed to check if it was available and again did not return for another 20 minutes. It took excessively long to receive any drinks or food and we wind up having to send back the drinks several times since it was not what was ordered. The food was a major disappointment as well. We received our food after it was already cold, and was not what I thought it would be, especially for the price. The price on both the food and drinks were excessively over priced which I felt that the atmosphere, service, and quality of food and drinks did not live up to the price. When we requested to speak to the manager, she did not seem too interested in our situation. Although we had sent many of the items that were wrong back, we were still charged for them and the manager felt that it was justified. This place is NOT customer friendly at all and made for the whole experience incredibly awful and disappointing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT. Absolutely horrible experience, and NONE of us will be back.

2  Thank Teresa K