Angel House
Theater Motel(Westfield)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$60
$55
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsguest housemagical placewhite wickerplace to stayangelspopcornporchhostsaccommodations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at Angel House at least 8 times and absolutely love it. The owners have decorated in such a fun way - each room is different and delightful. The beds are comfortable and I believe each room has it's own air conditioning unit (not typical in Lily Dale and you may need it as it can get pretty warm in the summer.) The huge wrap-around porch is filled with comfortable couches, chairs and pretty rugs so my friends and I have enjoyed sitting there on warm summer evenings. I like the way the hosts are so generous to their guests with many little amenities. For example, they even offer a basket of umbrellas by the door for guests to use or take! I will always go to Angel House as I believe it is the best guest house in Lily Dale. Just be sure to reserve early - they are always booked completely.

Room Tip: I usually ask for the Angel Room as it has a sink in the room. I believe at least one other room has a sink in it too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Joanie B
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Three of us spent five delightful and comfortable nights at Angel House last summer during a time it was fully booked. The house is a lovely Victorian immediately visible as your drive into the town of Lily Dale. The owners are warm and inviting hosts who do their best to offer all the basics you have at home including popcorn in the evening while sitting in white wicker on the wrap-around porch. We will always choose Angel House when we visit Lily Dale. We made many new friends during our visit. It was a terrific vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank L D S
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been traveling to Lily Dale for years and years. I have stayed in several of the other guest houses there. They are ALL shared bathroom situations. They are all old and quaint--if you updated and new--don't even bother staying in the Dale. Stay in a 'modern facility' outside the Dale. You'll also be missing half of the experience! The dale houses have their charm, but the Angel House is my favorite. I have stayed in nearly every room--even the attic rooms--and aside from the steps to reach them, they are lovely. Angel house is booked on weekends by Feb. --so getting in is difficult. They do often have people that pay for rooms in advance and then aren't able to use them. They do hold the rooms till midnight, and in the past people would come and go in a one night. When they are their you often will not see or notice them. There can be 14 people in that house and you wouldn't know it--which I think is a plus. You will not find more accommodating hosts. They will even assist you in making appointment with mediums if you ask. I do think the ONE negative that show up here --as she did say--was not familiar with Lily Dale and guest house accommodations that are there. The rustic is part of the charm--and Angel House is one of the least 'rustic' and most charming.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Jill Z
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been traveling to Lily Dale for over 5 years. I stay at the Angel House each opportunity I get. Book early...so many of us want to return year after year and stay....but so many more are finding this gem of Lily Dale and the place fills with love and light quickly.

I've stayed in 6 of 9 rooms...all unique, all clean, comfortable and very accommodating. People who stay here know how to act in Lily Dale.......authentic...loving and kind.......but the Angel House holds a very special place in my heart and spirit...

Be back in June!!!

Thanks Frank and Shelley for all the years of putting up with me and my peeps. We love it there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kichia32
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Angel House a dozen times and have never had a negative experience. You do have book in advance since so many people want to stay. there, and they come back year after year.
. It has a big wrap-around porch and I love to sit there day and night since you always meet fascinating people. I have found lots of pastries, cereal, fruit and bread and coffee and tea out, on 2 floors, not just one. You do have to make your own but that it because it is available 24/7! Lily Dale is so peaceful and quiet in the morning I love waking up there early. I make coffee and sit on the porch and listen to the birds tweet.
Each room is decorated to theme and people like to book their favorites. There are angel rooms, a goddess room, a Harry Potter room. The bathrooms are fun because of the decorations. They have shampoo and stuff if you forget your own. Some rooms have their own sinks. The house is more than 100 years old, but it is anything but shabby. everywhere you look is something unusual and "Lily Dalian." It's very clean. I've seen the cleaning help come in daily and I've watched the hosts carry linens, wash them in big washer/dryers and make the beds. I am bewildered by the Annipeg review. I am telling you the truth, and writing this review makes me wish I was there right now. I have gone there so many times I do think of the owners as friends, but I wouldn't have gone there so much if I didn't love it. Many, many people feel the same, since it is such a nice place and the owners make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: People like the "energy" in the Goddess room and lots of people say they have paranormal experiences there. ( the good type.)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo