“Day's Inn Deceit”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
Monica Welsh
“Day's Inn Deceit”
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Don't stay at the Day's Inn in Liberty! We stayed there for one night while taking our daughter to camp. When we arrived the desk staff were unkempt and disorganized. It took the agent 20 minutes to check us in. The first room they sent us to had only one window that looked out the indoor pool. So basicly you could never open the curtains without those at the pool looking straight in. We asked for another room and were sent to a room down the hall. When we went in the room had not been cleaned at all. So we called the front desk and got another room on the second floor away from the pool. The room was somewhat clean and quiet but not in anyway nice. Because we knew we would have to come back to pick our daughter we had booked and paid for two nights at the end of the month. When friends who wanted to see my daughter perform tried to get a room the hotel was booked. So I found other accomidations. Before I paid for the new accomidations I called the Day's Inn in Liberty to ask what there cancelation policy was. They said 24 hours. So I went ahead and booked the new room. When I called the Day's Inn back to cancel they said that because I paid in full for the room I could not get a refund. Now this is a busy time in the Catskills, there is no way that they will not be able to fill this room. I don't understand a company that punished customers who make there own reservations on the web and pay in full. If you must stay there do not pay in full and ask to see your room before you pay.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank MonicaWelsh
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about the bad experience you seemed to have had at our property. It really saddens me to think that you will not be returning due to these issues. Unfortunately with some of these third party websites that are used to book rooms, my staff here at the property are not able to cancel certain reservation types. As far as cleanliness goes I can't begin to express how sorry I am that you had such problems here at the Days Inn of Liberty, NY. Summer is a very busy time for us with all the camps such as the one your daughter goes or went to, and I know if I was in your shoes I would be very upset also. I can only hope that you would be willing to give our property another chance, and we will do everything in our power to make this stay much more enjoyable. Thank you for your time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
NY
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Stayed for one night and found the hotel to be "ok" for a stop over. The hotel was clean, the room a decent size and both the indoor and outdoor pools adequete. Numerous fast food joints surround the hotel and there are a few decent restaurants in the neighborhood. The free breakfast offered consists of 2 types of cereal, bad bagels and some kind of danish (for free it was not terrible).

• Stayed July 2006
9 Thank raincheck10
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking time out to write a review on our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. Also I am sorry to hear that the local restaurants did not spark your interest. We hope that you will give our establishment another chance to please you, and also at the Front Desk we have some great recommendation for a good meal! Again, thank you and I am truly sorry you were not impressed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Best Western Monticello
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Days Inn Wurtsboro
Days Inn Wurtsboro
#1 of 1 in Wurtsboro

Been to Days Inn Liberty? Share your experiences!