“Not a great place to stay”
Review of Days Inn Liberty

Days Inn Liberty
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was not happy with this hotel. I felt it was run down. The beds were very uncomfortable and I don't feel like the hotel was very clean. Hotel needs a complete makeover with new mattresses, bedding and towels. Showers and tub needs to be updated.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for taking time out to submit a review on our property. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here at the Days Inn of Liberty, NY. Something we pride ourselves on is our cleanliness and for you to not be satisfied in this area really upsets us. We are also truely sorry that you weren't able to get a good nights sleep, because lets be honest this is the most important part of a hotel. We will take into consideration your suggestions and hopefully you will give us another shot. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was not looking forward to my stay, but I was pleasantly surprised. I usually don't like Days Inn but this is probably the nicest one I have ever stayed in. My room was clean, carpet in room looked new,spreads and sheets seemed clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay. I loved the diner almost next door and the Greek restaurant around the corner was excellent as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and even more so that we may have changed your mind some about the Days Inn brand. We are glad that the cleanliness of our rooms were up to your standards and that our staff was helpful and kind. We personally also love both the Liberty Diner and Yiasou the restaurants your mentioned above. Again, thank you so much!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife couldn't sleep because of the Person walking around above us. One bedspread and blanket on one bed was not changed or cleaned. The Halls and entrances smell like smoke, extreme body odor, & dirty. Continental breakfast the worst of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Room dirty. Under bed, furniture never vaccumed. Shower and bathroom poorly cleaned. Coffeemaker we could never use because it appears to never have been cleaned. The only plus of the hotel is the front desk staff were polite, courteous, and expeditious.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank D0minicantraveler
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review and letting us know what you experienced here at the Days Inn of Liberty. I can express to you how much it bothers me that your experience was less the outstanding at our propery. We take pride in our guests leaving here well rested and happy, and in your case it doesn't seem that you. Which I understand can be very upsetting, cleanliness should have never been an issue during your stay it is something we pride ourselves on. Although I am very glad that my front desk staff did their job by making you feel welcomed. Again, thank you for your feedback!

A Wyndham traveler
JERSEY CITY
Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
NEW HYDE PARK
Reviewed October 8, 2012

When I checked into Room #: 218, everything was in working order, except for the bathroom light switch. It felt loose when you turned it on or off. On the last evening of my stay (Tuesday, 10/2/12), I brushed my teeth before retiring. As I went to turn off the light, I received and unpleasant ELECTRICAL SHOCK from the light switch!!! This room SHOULD NOT have been rented with a defective light switch, especially a light switch next to a sink!!! I reported my shocking experience to the desk clerk upon checking out. Hopefully, they fixed it!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

As in other reviews I want to start by thanking you for your feedback, good or bad we need to know these issues so we can fix them. I can't even express to you how sorry I am for this horrible issue; this is something that should never have to happen to our guests. We had no idea that this light switch was even an issue, but so you know we did have maintenance check it out! I would like to hear from you if at all possible, to make sure that you are all right. I am mortified by this issue, and I know that now I cannot do anything to take it back. Although I would like to do my best to make you feel comfortable enough, to come back to our property. Again, I am truly sorry for this terrible issue! Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The service was great even before we arrived. I called beforehand to reserve a room for someone with limited mobility. The room assigned was just perfect. Internet speed is exceptional. Printer and computer available in the lobby if needed. Pool was empty but we don't swim so that was not an issue with us. Convenient to Bethel Woods and the Woodstock Museum. Prices extremely reasonable. We were very skeptical of staying in such a "cheap" motel but Days Inn Liberty NY is on par with Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn for about half the price. Very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Indicate any special needs when you book and verify before you go