“Way better than we expected”
Review of Days Inn Liberty

Days Inn Liberty
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Liberty

A TripAdvisor Member
NEW HYDE PARK
Reviewed October 8, 2012

When I checked into Room #: 218, everything was in working order, except for the bathroom light switch. It felt loose when you turned it on or off. On the last evening of my stay (Tuesday, 10/2/12), I brushed my teeth before retiring. As I went to turn off the light, I received and unpleasant ELECTRICAL SHOCK from the light switch!!! This room SHOULD NOT have been rented with a defective light switch, especially a light switch next to a sink!!! I reported my shocking experience to the desk clerk upon checking out. Hopefully, they fixed it!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

As in other reviews I want to start by thanking you for your feedback, good or bad we need to know these issues so we can fix them. I can't even express to you how sorry I am for this horrible issue; this is something that should never have to happen to our guests. We had no idea that this light switch was even an issue, but so you know we did have maintenance check it out! I would like to hear from you if at all possible, to make sure that you are all right. I am mortified by this issue, and I know that now I cannot do anything to take it back. Although I would like to do my best to make you feel comfortable enough, to come back to our property. Again, I am truly sorry for this terrible issue! Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The service was great even before we arrived. I called beforehand to reserve a room for someone with limited mobility. The room assigned was just perfect. Internet speed is exceptional. Printer and computer available in the lobby if needed. Pool was empty but we don't swim so that was not an issue with us. Convenient to Bethel Woods and the Woodstock Museum. Prices extremely reasonable. We were very skeptical of staying in such a "cheap" motel but Days Inn Liberty NY is on par with Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn for about half the price. Very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Indicate any special needs when you book and verify before you go
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I would like to begin by thanking you so very much for your wonderful review. We really take pride in our service and customer experience at our establishment. My staff is beyond joyed to be able to help you receive the best room suitable for your needs. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you in the future at the Days Inn of Liberty, NY! Thanks again!

A TripAdvisor Member
NORTH MIAMI BEACH
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. When we visit or family in Swan Lake again we will stay with you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review. It really brings a smile to my face to hear that my staff is going the extra step to be friendly and helpful to our guests. Here at the Days Inn in Liberty, NY we really try to make our guests feel at home. The fact that you will be returning when you are in the area makes us feel as though we did our job properly! Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write this review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed again at this hotel. Not really very luxurious, but compared with the options in Liberty, it's the Taj Mahal. Ok, I know the corridors are a little shopworn, the chlorine from the empty indoor pool still hung in the air, and there is a musty smell in the corridors. BUT.... My room was clean(with the exception of a few too many stray hairs in the bathroom), my bed firm, the rug looked clean, and the room smelled fresh. I got a good nites sleep. The hotel is located in the middle of Fast-Food Heaven. There are at least 5 places in a short( 2 minute) walk. That includes a McDonalds for a hot breakfast. A good restaurant or 2, and the Liberty Diner. Ok, so the continental Breakfast wasn't so regal..But I had coffee and juice there and breakfast from "Mickey D's". I have stayed in ALL the Liberty Motels, and with the exception of the Catskill Motel, this is the only place I will stay when I am in town on business. As I said, compared to the others, It's a palace. Yes, It is pricey for what you get, but...it really is the only game in town. That being said, I think the cleanliness issues stem from too much work, too few people to do it, and too much cost cutting is starting to show. All in all, I will be back, I will stay here, and unless you want to drive some distance to your room, or you want total solitude, it's the only game in a town that time has not been too kind to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The entire Catskills region seems to be in need of an upgrade these days. However, this is no reason for hotels and motels to rest on their laurels.

This property feels old, and doesn't come cheap. I was in town for a convention, held 20 miles away, and while the Days Inn was some $80 less expensive than the convention hotel, it still wasn't a bargain.

Hallways reek of mold and cigarettes; the rooms have dated materials; the linens felt worn and had holes and stains; and the bathroom was Bates Motel-worthy. I didn't go to breakfast, which is complimentary, based on a colleague's warning.

The upside? A 10 percent discount at a local diner with proof of stay. But with a Hampton Inn not far away, for a slight premium, it's not likely I'll be back to this Days Inn soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I chose to return here after a positive experience last year but it seems to have gone downhill.

This time around the hallways were dark & dingy with gross carpets and it smelled like mold, weed and stale smoke. The back door entrance didn't latch properly. My room was very dark and really didn't smell good. It looked clean but felt dirty if that makes any sense. It's tough to find an outlet without moving a desk or table so that's a drag.

People were outside swimming and they looked happy enough. Nice patio chairs. I didn't check it out closely.

The breakfast was pretty nasty, had nothing that appeared edible (and free food usually looks great) and the breakfast area was filthy. Really filthy. Not just from sloppy morning guests but more like toasters that hadn't been wiped down in weeks. I was surprised I didn't see any bugs in the plastic bread/muffin bins. The coffee was good though but (wo)man cannot live by coffee alone.

The staff was nice & friendly, nothing terrible happened, it wasn't horrific, but it sure isn't worth anywhere near a hundred bucks. There're lots of fast food places & stores & gas stations nearby, the town itself is alright and the place is easily accessible from the highway but I'm sure there are better choices for motels in nearby Monticello.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Best Western Monticello
#2 of 3 in Liberty
Days Inn Wurtsboro
Days Inn Wurtsboro
#1 of 1 in Wurtsboro

Been to Days Inn Liberty? Share your experiences!