“very satisfied” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
A TripAdvisor Member
“very satisfied”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. When we visit or family in Swan Lake again we will stay with you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnliberty, Manager at Days Inn Liberty, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review. It really brings a smile to my face to hear that my staff is going the extra step to be friendly and helpful to our guests. Here at the Days Inn in Liberty, NY we really try to make our guests feel at home. The fact that you will be returning when you are in the area makes us feel as though we did our job properly! Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write this review. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed again at this hotel. Not really very luxurious, but compared with the options in Liberty, it's the Taj Mahal. Ok, I know the corridors are a little shopworn, the chlorine from the empty indoor pool still hung in the air, and there is a musty smell in the corridors. BUT.... My room was clean(with the exception of a few too many stray hairs in the bathroom), my bed firm, the rug looked clean, and the room smelled fresh. I got a good nites sleep. The hotel is located in the middle of Fast-Food Heaven. There are at least 5 places in a short( 2 minute) walk. That includes a McDonalds for a hot breakfast. A good restaurant or 2, and the Liberty Diner. Ok, so the continental Breakfast wasn't so regal..But I had coffee and juice there and breakfast from "Mickey D's". I have stayed in ALL the Liberty Motels, and with the exception of the Catskill Motel, this is the only place I will stay when I am in town on business. As I said, compared to the others, It's a palace. Yes, It is pricey for what you get, but...it really is the only game in town. That being said, I think the cleanliness issues stem from too much work, too few people to do it, and too much cost cutting is starting to show. All in all, I will be back, I will stay here, and unless you want to drive some distance to your room, or you want total solitude, it's the only game in a town that time has not been too kind to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

The entire Catskills region seems to be in need of an upgrade these days. However, this is no reason for hotels and motels to rest on their laurels.

This property feels old, and doesn't come cheap. I was in town for a convention, held 20 miles away, and while the Days Inn was some $80 less expensive than the convention hotel, it still wasn't a bargain.

Hallways reek of mold and cigarettes; the rooms have dated materials; the linens felt worn and had holes and stains; and the bathroom was Bates Motel-worthy. I didn't go to breakfast, which is complimentary, based on a colleague's warning.

The upside? A 10 percent discount at a local diner with proof of stay. But with a Hampton Inn not far away, for a slight premium, it's not likely I'll be back to this Days Inn soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the main road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I chose to return here after a positive experience last year but it seems to have gone downhill.

This time around the hallways were dark & dingy with gross carpets and it smelled like mold, weed and stale smoke. The back door entrance didn't latch properly. My room was very dark and really didn't smell good. It looked clean but felt dirty if that makes any sense. It's tough to find an outlet without moving a desk or table so that's a drag.

People were outside swimming and they looked happy enough. Nice patio chairs. I didn't check it out closely.

The breakfast was pretty nasty, had nothing that appeared edible (and free food usually looks great) and the breakfast area was filthy. Really filthy. Not just from sloppy morning guests but more like toasters that hadn't been wiped down in weeks. I was surprised I didn't see any bugs in the plastic bread/muffin bins. The coffee was good though but (wo)man cannot live by coffee alone.

The staff was nice & friendly, nothing terrible happened, it wasn't horrific, but it sure isn't worth anywhere near a hundred bucks. There're lots of fast food places & stores & gas stations nearby, the town itself is alright and the place is easily accessible from the highway but I'm sure there are better choices for motels in nearby Monticello.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We didn't come to NY for the hotel; my wife and I were glad to have a clean room and comfortable beds. We noticed the hallways were musty and humid, but our room was clean and fresh each afternoon when we got back. The continental breakfast left something to be desired. We did not stay to eat after seeing it. Crowded and messy with food scraps on counter and floors. Of course, some of the blame for that goes to the guests, but there is room for improvement on both sides. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay overall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here as a stop over on a family road trip to New York City. Friendly staff, clean room with lots of space, more than I expected from a Days Inn. Breakfast wasn't anything special, but fed us and was included with the room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
South Central PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Old facility desperately in need of renovation. Linens were clean, staff friendly. But the alarm clock didn't work, the room smelled like smoke (from 10 years ago, not the previous guest), the bathroom counter was 27" above the floor, the plumbing dated, formica all chipped with cigarette burns, and there is a patch in the lobby carpet that shows what the rest of the carpet looked like 40 years ago. Take flip flops for walking from shower. The breakfast is minimal and the coffee Folgers.

The area is West Virginia without the scenic mountains and Hasidics instead of Hatfields. Very depressed with little business; not even coal mines. (Where do all those people work?) Well past it's Borscht Belt glory days of the 40's and '50s, I guess. I talked to the folks at the desk about their business. Basically, their season is the summer for parents dropping their kids off at camps, especially Stagedoor Manor, and that's why you're probably reading this review. I wish I could suggest an alternative. The closest would be in Middletown, but that's about a 45 minute drive. The Ho Jo looked good from the outside, but read the reviews. At least the Days Inn is clean.

And why isn't there an apostrophe in Days Inn?

Room Tip: Another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
BEST WESTERN Monticello
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Days Inn Wurtsboro
Days Inn Wurtsboro
#1 of 1 in Wurtsboro

Been to Days Inn Liberty? Share your experiences!