“Good local place”
Review of Stu's Lake Street Diner - CLOSED

Stu's Lake Street Diner
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stu is a great guy and is working hard to keep the old Munson Diner (transplanted from Hell's Kitchen and featured on Seinfeld a couple times) going in Liberty. He does some terrific wings - not the usual small ones smothered in sauce. These are full wings with crunchy batter. You can have them with or without the sauce. The burgers are really good. Fresh and thick. The chicken (and I think the ribs) are marinated in a beer sauce that wasn't to my taste, but others love it. I would recommend that you take it to go, though. The ventilation in the diner isn't good, and I ended up having a kind of greasy smell on my coat for the rest of the day. Servers are very friendly but it does take a long time for the food - but that may be because it is made fresh. Another reviewer noted the "no vegetable" take and that's true, but if you're getting a burger and wings, Stu's is good.

1  Thank bcandctrips12
There are newer reviews for Stu's Lake Street Diner

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I would have given this place 0 Stars if I could. Stu's is not a diner. He makes burgers and other greasy fried food. Vegetables? No. Salad? No. Cottage Cheese? No. We stumbled upon this place on our way to Long Island. The place is run down and was freezing inside. Stu was a nice enough guy, but food is not his calling, and neither is service. No waitress, just Stu trying to do everything. We sat in a cold booth and given only 1 menu. After sharing the menu we ordered our food and drinks. Then we sat there for 25 minutes (with no drinks in front of us) until the food arrived. Im sorry but we were travelling. We were hungry and thirsty and wanted to eat and get back on the road... So that was a really long time to wait for a burger and some wings. There's a sign inside that says "best burger in 100 miles", but that was not the case. My "medium rare" burger was totally overdone, DRY and Tasteless.. and my bun was burnt. The fries were overdone and chewy. My wife's wings were dripping with fat and were cooked in old oil. She had frier bits in the bottom of her plate. We had indigestion for 2 days. It was the terrible food and service. finally, the place smells like grease smoke. Our clothes smelled so bad that we had to shower and change when we got to the hotel. It was really bad.

3  Thank FPC911
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My group of 6 could not say enough great things about Stu's Lake Street Diner! The barb que ribs fell off the bone and the sauce was the best I've ever had. The burgers were amazingly good-fresh and obviously top quality. We all thought the chicken wings were delicious. The owner and chef, Stu, was very personable and accommodating, as was, the waitress. Stu's diner is worth the trip to liberty, NY from anywhere!! I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Linternet1