Knights Inn Liberty
Hotels.com
$163
$158
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I would stay here again. There are a few maintenance issues that I hope are addressed soon. The bathroom door did not close all the way. The faucet on the sink did not work well. The bed was comfortable and clean, though, and that was the most important thing. Room was quiet. I prefer a continental breakfast that offers fresh fruit and maybe some yogurt, but overall the free breakfast was acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JuneNY
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Recently my wife and myself spent a whole week @ the HJ's in Liberty, NY. We read the reviews prior to booking for our stay. Most of them were terrible reviews but we gave it a try. We can't complaint at all!!! Close to the Highway, room was spacious, breakfast was more than satisfying and the management and personnel were attentive of our needs and always with a smile. There were no bed bugs, room was spacious, cozy and comfortable. Defenitely we'll stay at this Inn again...we recommend it!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pasanlu722
Reviewed January 30, 2012

this place has to be the worst place to stay in this town. I check in and there are bugs everywhere and ITS THE MIDDLE OF WINTER! There were people sleeping in the lobby that work there for a free stay that are all homeless. THIS IS A SHELTER NOT A HOTEL! Front desk help/ owner were rude and place smelled like smoke. I get to my room and the bed sheets are all flat sheets even the bottom ones and they weren't even changed. There was body fluids in the bathroom on the toilet and floor and hair everywhere. I didnt even stay the night and instead of offering me another room they told me if I dont like it I can leave. No refund and just outright rude and dirty place. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank secretsleeper
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was pretty leery after reading all the negative reviews, so I called ahead and said so and that I wanted to make sure our room was clean. When we arrived we were treated very courteously, we were shown a room to make sure we found it acceptable, and shown 2 additional rooms. We chose the first as we liked the private back side with a little patio. It wasn't great, but it was clean and comfortable, certainly not worthy of all the negative reviews. Our only complaint was the ice machine was not working (I kind of thought it may have just been unplugged to conserve), but there was a gas station / mini mart across the parking lot and we just went over there and bought some. Still a lot cheaper than the extra $40-50 it would have cost at their nearby competitors.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Jamaican-at-Heart
Reviewed August 22, 2011

First of all, there were two(what we hoped were) men's chest hairs in the bottom of the bathtub of our room. No fitted sheets for the bed-only top cover sheets tucked in. This was probably because the hotel was running low on linens due to their BED BUG infestation. We found an adult bed bgd right under the slip cover of my bed-inches from where I had been sitting seconds before. We scooped the bug into a baggy and went to the front desk for a refund and to get out of there. They tried arguing with us that it was their best room and that this particular room had never had bed bugs before. They even brought us back to the room and checked both beds in front of us and argued that since they could not find any more they would only refund us one of our nights. We had booked the room for 2 nights and been in the room less than 2 hrs before spotting the bed bug. After some more arguing among the staff, they finally refunded us in full. Do not stay at Howard Johnson in Liberty unless you'd like to get bitten by some BED BUGS.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends