“Clean, just old and noisy”

Knights Inn Liberty
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I read the reviews before I booked this hotel, but as I was picking a child up from camp, I really had no other option but to book because other facilities were full. I thoroughly examined my room upon check in (something I'd never done before) and found no evidence of bugs of any kind. The room and bath were very clean. The property is old though and there are stains on the walls/carpets etc. But old is not the same thing as dirty.
My Thursday night stay was very pleasant. However, a church group was there on Friday and Saturday and that was when I discovered that the walls are VERY THIN! The group was loud and it was impossible to sleep. I phoned the office twice, but they did NOT send anyone up to my hallway. However, they may have called the rooms, I don't know. But the group did not get quiet. So sleep was impossible Friday or Saturday. If you go, take a fan for noise. I think that would have helped.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed far away from any groups.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank MMW30005
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Liberty

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed to pick up my daughter from camp, needs a refurb, but it is what it is, the days inn next door is a better choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was in Liberty for one night for my job and picked this Hojo randomly from a google search. I didn't read any reviews on it until after I saw the room and experienced the horror. First thing, my co-worker and I had 2 separate rooms and we each had a bad impression as soon as we checked in. He walked into a mess of spider webs as soon as he got into his room. I smelled a musty moldy smell in my room and the wallpaper was literally peeling off the exterior wall (presumably from moisture). Then I started feeling bugs jumping on my legs. They could have been fleas or bed bugs although I didn't hang around long enough to find out. Bottom line: the place is not clean and health risks are abound here. Don't expect a refund from management either. They have been through this many times (people complaining and wanting out with their money) and know they can rip you off whether you stay the night or not. Go to the Days Inn instead. You can literally see it from the Hojo. Don't waste your time and money with these people.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank mtdamian
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We rated the hotel slightly higher than it deserved because of the friendly staff that catered to all our needs. The room was clean but could use some TLC. The grounds are well taken care of and the pool and pool area is nice and clean. We didn't have breakfast as we got up too late however the breakfast area was nice and clean. Overall a good place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank joangreg76
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The hotel was very convenient. Pizza Hut is next door as is Liberty Diner. Major fast food restaurants in walking distance. The family who runs the hotel are very friendly. Not everything was *perfect* but the owners definitely made everything right whenever we needed anything.
We had no noise issues - we were on the main hall on the first floor not far from the pool.
There were no signs of bedbugs in our room as mentioned in other reviews. I fully inspected the bed and headboards and I've seen infestations so I know what to look for. The beds were perfectly clean, we had no rash or bites at all.
My child slept wondefully in the provided crib.
The breakfast was toast your own bagels, individually wrapped cinnamon rolls, coffee, milk and juice. Two kinds of cereal. Standard fare. Nice breakfast area with a big TV and remote control.
The Wifi was fast and needed no password.
We arrived late and all of our wishes on our reservation had been noted and taken care of so we could get right to sleep (crib was ready, extra pillows).
I would stay there again. It is definitely a budget hotel, but it is by no means a dive.
The family who runs the hotel were very lovely and made us feel very at home.

Room Tip: Pre-pay and save.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I was getting a travel trailer camper deliverd up in Liberty NY. The delivery was pushed to next day. I went into town for a hotel/motel stay for the nite. I saw the old "HOJO" sign and fiquired "it is what it is". Id crash and spent the nite in a typical travelers hotel. Id have a clean room, professional staff, nice coffee and breakfast in am, I was actually looking foward to It. No stress , all is good ,I will get my camper squared away tommow !
WELL , was I sadly mistaken. Without all the specific particulars ( you can read about them on other reveiws -yes there true) , i would say this hotel is the root of all mans evil. No, really , they dont care abotu people or customers, they are not clean/health hazard issues here, They are taking your hard earned cash (American cash). Its really a con HOJOS sells "people "francises , these "people" burn american citizens and ship the cash to 3 rd world nation. Nobody is protecting us ? This hotels been doing this for YEARS ! Could I open a hotel , use a big name hotel chain , do practically nothing for my guests, violate just about every basic business and customer service code of conduct. false advertise and expose people to unwarrented health risks and stress. Its a mockery , while you or you wife is trying to get clean towels, of coffee...These folks are laughing in your face ! in fact actually tring to increase your suffering if you complain or want your money back . Its an SRO homeless shelter NOT a HOJO hotel. I booked in and (the people living in the lobby were like shocked ? ) then I left and didnt return ( I felt guily ) but having read the reviwes of people who actually made it to the room. I now feel like a champ , having avoided the bed buds . For Real ! Just say no to this societal nemisies.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank silman99
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were not impressed with this motel. We got a very sour reception when we checked in (the it's just my job attitude), but things got more entertaining after that. Breakfast was advertised from 6:30am to 9:30am, so I imagined I would be able to get some coffee and pastries when I went to reception at about 7:15am. Not so. The counter top was completely bare, except for a blodge of margerine and a generous sprinking of stale crumbs. The Indian manager apologized and went off to get the service boy, while I helped myself to the stone cold coffee. The boy appeared, looking like he had just got out of bed (which he had), and I had to wait 20 minutes for the food to be set out. Later on the manager apologized to me again, and blamed the service boy for everything, but I reminded him that the buck stops with management. Surely he could have seen that breakfast had not been prepared and laid out (if he had chosen to check it out, that is). The funniest part was to hear him shouting at the poor maintenance guy in front of all of the motel guests. Fawlty Towers (old UK comedy show) has nothing on this place! Oh, and it was quite expensive too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank OilRover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Best Western Monticello
#1 of 3 in Liberty
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#2 of 3 in Liberty
Fosterdale Motor Lodge(Closest To Bethel Woods)

Been to Knights Inn Liberty? Share your experiences!