“One of the best places to stay in the area”

Lazy Pond Bed & Breakfast/Hotel/Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Liberty B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“One of the best places to stay in the area”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

After a failed overnight trip to my family's bungalow in Loch Sheldrake, I discovered Lazy Pond late in the evening. The owner of Lazy Pond was very welcoming. The room was clean and quite, and the bathroom was fantastic. The location is beautiful. Perhaps the best part is the breakfast. I highly recommend going...I went with my gf during off-peak season and I'm sure it's even better during peak season.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Queens, NY
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I've stayed at Lazy Pond a few times and it's nothing short of fantastic. The Innkeeper Jeanne is a pure delight, and her cookies and baked breads are noteworthy in and of themselves! The rooms, flowers, and grounds were pristine. Tons of landscaping to walk, relax and rest. It seems as each house or cabin are different and look forward to staying at the others. All in all, a great asset to the Catskills.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Away on a business trip which my wife and I are paid to stay and review different hotels/motels/inns, along my travel I came to a little town called Liberty, NY. At dinner I ran into a couple and asked about hotels in the area, they told us about Lazy Pond cause they stay there when they are in the area visiting family and friends. First I get the phone number from the couple and a young man named Matt answers right away and very courteously takes our reservation and explained to us the property and directions which were spot on to a "T". Apon arriving at night Matt was there to greet my wife and I with a warm smile and showed us to our room and explained to us we have "Run of the House" being he dont stay in the same building but lives across the street and to give him a call when we are ready for breakfast in the morning and he will cook for us which is an amazing breakfast area off of a beautiful kitchen most dream of that he showed us on the way to our room. This was the first time I have ever roomed somewhere and was allowed to decide when I was hungry...
The room was as clean as a 5 star hotel would be and the beds were amazing. We stayed up most of the night walking around the property and went to the pond and sat in the gazebo for a half hr and listened to nature. This is a very quiet, relaxing, peaceful place we thought. We go back to our room and passing through the main house (the west wing) through the amazing kitchen there is a jar of HOMEMADE OATMEAL COOKIES!!! We couldn't resist nor could we stop. The living room was all wood and beautiful with a big flat screen tv and dvd player with a nice selection of movies to watch and books to read. Very relaxing.
Woke up at 8am and called Matt to let him know we wanted breakfast about 8:30am. We get down stairs to the breakfast area which Matt had the fireplace going in this big comfortable, clean, spacious place with huge windows and 2 french doors overseeing a portion of the grounds we watched deer eat and even saw wild turkey roaming the property. Matt cooked a full breakfast for us. NOT A CONTINENTAL!!! HE COOKED FOR US!!! Omelets made to order that were as big as the plate, fluffy, and full of the good stuff. Fresh brewed coffee, pancakes, waffles, french toast, hash browns, sausage, baccon, a selection of breads, fresh cut fruit, and hospitality like non other with a friendly convo to boot about the area and attractions. His mother Jean is the Owner with her husband Don who weren't around but on vacation and Matt hosted us in their place as he does for the winter.
OVERALL:
The best breakfast I have ever ate anywhere and buffet style all made to order.
Rooms are 5-star clean
Service and hospitality is second to none thanks to Matt

I gave Lazy Pond the best review cause they deserve it. I am planning a trip back in the summer to Lazy Pond to attend a concert at Bethel Woods the original Woodstock site thanks to Matt for his directions and sparking a great convo at breakfast about the area. Thank you for a great stay and I refer everyone going to NY to stay at this beautiful establishment and make sure to they have Matt's food. SECOND TO NONE!!!

Room Tip: We had a guided tour by Matt after breakfast of the whole property and he was nice enough to show us...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank secretsleeper
Port Jefferson, New York, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We were traveling to visit our son in college and decided to break the driving up into two days. We wanted to do a bit of gambling in Monticello, but the hotels in that area looked and sounded horrible. We had never been to a bed and breakfast before, and I happened to Find Lazy Pond B & B on the internet. Their website and the subsequent reviews intrigued me, and the price was right. The evening we arrived, Jean, one of the owners, had the room ready and waiting for us, and what a beautiful, comfortable room it was! Even though it was quite late, Jean was reachable by cell phone. She offered us some homemade cookies up at the "main house". We spent a VERY comfortable night, and Jean prepared a wonderful breakfast for us the next morning, complete with a homemade rhubarb bread that was out of this world! The shower in our room was the biggest, most awesome shower we ever experienced. Plenty of clean towels and washcloths were provided. To say Lazy Pond is clean is an understatement. It is sparkling, clean, comfortable, and the grounds and surroundings are beautiful. We would recommend Lazy Pond to anyone who likes a clean, comfortable place with a great breakfast at a fair price. We plan to visit Bethel Woods in the near future, and we are looking forward to staying at Lazy Pond again.

Room Tip: I don't want to give that away. Any time we stay at Lazy Pond, we will request the same room, a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brewster, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was web searching for a place to stay near Bethel , Ny since I was going to a Concert and a visit to the Bethel woods museum, I came across the Lazy Pond Bed and Breakfast Site and saw what appeared to be a charming hotel with a farmers porch , pond with a water fountain and a beautiful landscape , I got lost and called the Inn for directions and when I arrived It was not what I saw on the web site , It was not the same property the room was very tiny and a very small window with no screen door I told the owner that this Is not what I made my reservations for and asked for a refund which the owner refused , I was ripped off for $ 361.60 and I did not stay there . FRAUD !

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cronkbrewster
Reviewed October 20, 2011

While Liberty, NY is kind of a grody town (with a lot of awesome antique stores), this B&B is a gem. Our room was perfectly clean, and yes, maybe a little bit of a cell, but not if you open the blinds and look out at the beautiful pastoral scene around you. I ate snickerdoodles while I watched deer walk through the lawn. I devoured a full country breakfast in the morning. I sat on a swing and read a book. Absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to be across the street. Also, our room was small, but we spent a lot of time on...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We really enjoyed our weekend at Lazy Pond. Our children (ages 9 & 11) also stayed with us in one of the cabins. The kids had a great time. The cabin had bunk beds for the kids along with a "look-out" room which they really enjoyed. Breakfast was wonderful with a nice variety. Jean was a great hostess who went out of her way to be sure that everyone enjoyed themselves. We will be visiting here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
#2 of 3 in Liberty
Inn at Lake Joseph
Inn at Lake Joseph
#1 of 2 in Forestburgh

Been to Lazy Pond Bed & Breakfast/Hotel/Inn? Share your experiences!