“Okay food, snippy staff.”

Brickyard Pub & BBQ
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lewiston's First Authentic Pit BBQ Smokehouse.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The smoked turkey was a bit on the dry side but I accept that smoked turkey breast will no doubt be a bit dry. The excellent bbq sauces on the table made it a bit easier to down the turkey. People up in that area of the country seem to like their wings a bit crispy! One of our diners had the wings and said she's used to it now. I would have sent it back. The sides were very, very good. The only problem was we asked a staffer walking by for an additional beer and she looked at us like, I dare you even ask me for anything, stuck her nose in the air and walked off.

BrickyardPub, General Manager at Brickyard Pub & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us here on trip advisor. I am sorry to read that you had mixed thoughts on your stay, and can assure you there was most likely some miscommunication on the part of the staff. Of course we don't encourage staff to ignore guests, however, some of our staff are underage and therefore not allowed to serve alcoholic beverages according to NYS liquor law.

There are newer reviews for Brickyard Pub & BBQ

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went here on a date, had never been to Lewiston. Cute place! We were there on a Friday night in July, there was live music, lots of bars/restaurants with patio space, lots of pedestrian traffic. I recommend a walk by the water afterward, it was picture perfect.

We were seated immediately indoors (wait for out doors would have been 35 minutes) the waitress was great. She offerred us tastes of the beers we wanted before we ordered pints, because we wanted to try some new ones. Didn't even get upset when we ended up ordering the old routine beers.

I had pulled pork, sweet potato fries, and side salad. He had Kickin' Chicken Sandwich, sweet potato fries, and veggies.

Food was great, service was quick, bill was completely reasonable (total with tip and 1 beer each ~$50).

Definitely recommend!

BrickyardPub, General Manager at Brickyard Pub & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello and thank you kindly for taking the time to review not only us, but our little town! We are constantly working together as a village to get our name out there and establish Lewiston as a destination. Please come back and visit again soon and if you don't feel like BBQ, please come back and visit some of our other wonderful restaurants in town. All the best in 2014 to you and yours...

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stopped in with friends for supper, great food, fair prices and efficient staff. No complaints, a good experience.

Hello there! Thanks again for taking the time to review our establishment and share your recent experience with us here at Brickyard. We always try to strike a balance between portion, pricing and service that will keep our guests coming back. Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Always had very good food and large portions, unfortunately the service usually sucked. Well after over a year we tried it again. Great food, large portions and all the staff seemed happy and doing a great job. We sat outside and figured we would be forgotten. Nope,excellent service.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your most recent stay with us here at Brickyard Pub and BBQ. The food service industry is constantly evolving and we are always trying to put our best foot forward, which can sometimes be a challenge! It's great to see people are noticing our efforts. All the best in 2014!

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch before a concert at artpark, unfortunately after we sat ourselves on the patio, we noticed signs saying "see hostess for seating on patio" well what do we do now. So after 3 waitresses ignored our presence and made direct eye contact, I went into the dining room to apologize like the good Canadian I am for our oversight. I also advised that we would appreciate some assistance. The waitress showed up and tossed our menus in the table and said here ya go and walked away. Hmmm this is how you treat customers!?!?!?! So we look over our menu and decide on a cocktail to start off our afternoon and wait, and wait, and wait some more. Finally we get a very nice waitress who doesn't seem to hold our seating arrangements against us. We order our drinks and wait for our waitress to return....... still waiting..... our drinks arrive with an apology from our kind waitress who also takes our lunch order. back to waiting.... seems to take forever for our food to arrive and we have finished our drinks and now have no food, no cocktail. Talking about leaving at this point...and our meal arrives (chicken wings and a sandwich, no big deal but it took forever!!!). we order a second cocktail and enjoy our food. Our experience was less than enjoyable since we "broke their rule" and didn't see the right person for our seats in a 3/4 empty pub that should be happy to have out of towners there who write reviews on trip advisor. I seriously wanted to speak to the manager but my friend was uncomfortable with the confrontation so I left it be. Unfortunately next time we are in town for a concert, I will be looking elsewhere for lunch or dinner plans. I don't need waitresses with attitudes while on holiday, or any other time for that matter.

1  Thank cdngirlsx4
BrickyardPub, General Manager at Brickyard Pub & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Please understand that we do our best to alert the customers on the proper procedure to securing efficient service at our restaurant. As you mentioned we have numerous signs across the patio asking our customers who wish to be seated outdoors to seek and alert our hostess, a very common request if you frequent dining establishments. We do periodic checks to look for new faces and avoid the problem you had, but the reality is many guests will get a drink and just sit down at a table to take in some air. What most customers who perhaps have not spent time in the industry don't realize, there is a table rotation amongst servers. While Server A or the HOSTESS may have been your point of contact inside, odds are it was not their table to take and they alert Server B who is next up in the queue. I would like to say that I will most definitely review the importance of a positive customer experience from entrance to exit with our staff moving forward. I appreciate you noting your experience, however, I don't feel the review title to be completely accurate as you said on a few occasions how "kind" and nice your "server" was, something that many of our customers know to be the case. I would also like to make mention in your travels to not shy away from speaking to management as that is part of our duty in this industry. Myself or my management staff could have explained everything from the inside and perhaps alleviated some of your issues, turning your so-so experience into a positive one. If you choose to come visit with us again, please don't hesitate to extend a hand and introduce yourselves, all the best in 2014!