All reviewselectric fireplaceriver viewcontinental breakfastfrench doorsyogurtcharming hotelquaint townhardwood floorsrooms are hugeflat screen tvking bedbartonlobbykeurigny
Reviewed January 10, 2018

I am a regular client of the Niagara Crossing Hotel and Spa - using the SPA facility every month and I have always been so pleased with not only my massage therapist, but the warmth and professionalism of the SPA Manager. She is such an upbeat person and I look forward to my visits there every month. I recommend this SPA highly and I have been to many other in the course of 20 years but this is my favorite one.
Maggie P.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Quincy4
NiagaraCrossing, Manager at Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoy the spa as well as its employees. We hope to have your continuing business for many years to come!

Niagara Crossing staff and management

Reviewed January 3, 2018

My wife and I stayed for one night during the Garden Festival. We have stayed at this hotel before. The room we had was huge, with a king size bed and a electric fireplace. This hotel never disappoints, the building itself has beautiful old style hardwood floors. The staff is friendly and always willing to help out.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Adam H

We are so pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and that the towns festivals play a role in your returns!

Reviewed December 31, 2017

I first stayed at this hotel about nine years ago, when it operated as the Barton Hill Hotel & Spa. The first time I saw the building from the outside, I thought it was beautiful, and the location was ideal, overlooking the water. The rooms were beautiful too -- nicely appointed and cosy, and the hotel owned a spa just down the street in a lovely old building.

When I returned in November, it still looked beautiful from the outside, but what greeted us inside was nothing even resembling Barton Hill. Looks can definitely be deceiving! I will say that the front desk staff were quite friendly when we checked in, but our room was nothing but disappointing. The warm and cosy atmosphere was gone, and everything felt dated and dirty (especially the bathroom). At night, the room was far too noisy, and all we could hear was other people stomping up and down the hall from the floor above. Meanwhile, the spa had been relegated to a small room down the hall from us and breakfast (while included) consisted of cold coffee, dirty tables and very few food options. The parking was also incredibly scarce -- if you're not fortunate enough to get one of the four spots outside, you can try your luck with a dozen or so spots on the street out front (which took us forever).

We couldn't get out of there fast enough and won't be back. Not worth the price at all -- you'd be better off staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying here at all!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed December 7, 2017

Like most people that have left this area, or have grown up here and have come back, we want the area to succeed, to do well, to do the area proud.

I saw this debacle being built years ago and was surprised upon my return that some of the mistakes have remained. Some one wrote "it is an old hotel"....NO IT IS NOT, IT JUST LOOKS AND OPERATES THAT WAY.

Very little to no eye for any semblance of detail....at all. Un-sanitary, the bathrooms, the room rugs stained (was in two, as we demanded a move). This property needs a complete and total over haul, but the truth is, I don't think there is a smart management company that can afford to take it on.

Don't believe me. Before you book a room, take a tour of the room, and the fixtures and the bathroom and the rug and the furniture.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chefvio
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Love this place. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. Very friendly and approachable. It’s a bit noisy, but it’s an old hotel. Beds are super comfortable, room service if prompt. I can’t say enough about this place. It’s awesome.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
NiagaraCrossing, Manager at Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your review score and comments! We continue to grow and learn from our guests through reviews such as yours. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Niagara Crossing staff and management