One week prior to my fifth anniversary, my partner and I booked a night at the Barton in following previous trips to quaint Lewiston. The village centre itself is within easy reach from the hotel, of particular note is Apple Granny's. Very old-time American fare with cheap, honest (and friend) food. Very comforting on cold autumn days. We enjoyed the coffee house just up the road as well. That, and the general ambiance of the setting before Hallowe'en. Very spooky!
The hotel itself was quite lovely - the interiors were finished in an old world / colonial style, with heavy, dark wood flooring and within the "Bird Watching Suites" [-or something to the effect-] the bathroom was quite large and really very lovely. In a place that billed itself on luxury, there were some minuses, mainly in some of the details - the carpetting was straight out of a Travelodge and in some spots it looked like the paint wasn't applied properly. The parking "facilitiy" [aka the gravel side yard] was underwhelming and not a pleasant first impression. Nonetheless, the overall effect was a lovely, quaint experience - which I can't extend to the crossing of the border. Out of the hands of the lovely people of Lewiston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa, the premier boutique hotel just minutes from Niagara Falls. Whether traveling to Niagara Falls for business, leisure, or simply a special occasion, we offer each guest a comfortable at home experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Barton Hill Hotel And Spa
- The Barton Hill Hotel Lewiston