“Great spot for a weekend getaway!”

Niagara Crossing Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lewiston
Buffalo, New York
“Great spot for a weekend getaway!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here in February of 2013 and it was great. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the fireplace in the room, the view and the spa. The continental breakfast was lacking in the morning so we stopped for coffee elsewhere, but it was slow so I would imagine they beef up the breakfast in the busier months. The location is walk-able but in the snow and cold we opted to drive into the village for shopping and dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2014

this is a unique place;especially on a very cold and snowy 2 days. My daughter and I took advantage of a $99 per day sale for the hotel(on groupon) and booked for 2 days. We also ordered 1 spa treatment each which was fun and soothing. Because it was winter, the restaurant had a very limited menu but it was fine for one meal. The complimentary breakfasts were great. We went across the road to the restaurant at the waters edge(can't recall the name) for lunch and dinner the 2nd night. The nicest thing was that my daughters beagle was welcomed (for a $25 per day fee) and we all have a fun experience,despite the awful weather.Incidentally, w were celebrating my 88th birthday.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank anniexyz53
Caledon, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I'd been planning to visit the Barton Hill Hotel's spa for quite a while, and was finally motivated to do it when I received a Groupon offer. For $99 you got a 40-minute massage, manicure and pedicure that was regularly $175. I don't think anyone should pay $175 for the level of services I received. Initially, I was surprised that I wasn't taken to a change room and offered a robe or slippers like I usually get at spas. I was told to have a seat in their tiny lobby area that was somewhat shabby. It was obvious they hadn't invested much in fixing it up and the cracked and peeling paint made it clear that they really don't care all that much. I must say that the massage was excellent. I was very pleased with the woman's skills. I got dressed and was taken back to the lobby to wait for my manicure and pedicure. Well, I was stunned when I walked into the room. There weren't the nice chairs and jet tubs that you expect to find when you have a pedicure, nor were there drying lamps for nail polish. The young lady who did the work was very nice, but the surroundings were shabby and I don't think she should have to carry big tubs of warm water to clients so they can soak their feet. If this had been a $10 mani and $10 pedi, I would have said it was great. But for the regular prices they charge, it's preposterous. There is zero ambiance, the interior is actually crumbling, and the technician is poorly equipped. Overall, I'd say that this is a facility that is perfect if you've got a Groupon, but you wouldn't want to pay their regular prices for the surroundings and the services you receive. I have to say that everyone was very nice and friendly and I feel badly for criticizing the spa. But if the hotel Management want to offer a really nice experience that people would want to return to, they need to make an investment in it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Deborah K
Youngstown, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Just had dinner at the Chantry restaurant in the Barton Hill Hotel. We were one of two tables having dinner. It's winter and a slow time of year so that's not that surprising. Our waitress/bartender was very friendly. The menu is fairly small and there were no specials. My husband and I both started with the French Onion Soup. It was good but nothing special. My husband had the New York strip, it was slightly overcooked but he was very happy with the taste. I had the roasted chicken. It was fine, nothing exciting. There was no bread with the meal because the chef hadn't baked any that day, probably because it's slow. But really, go buy some bread from a local bakery in case your guests want some. The hotel is pretty cool looking but kind of shabby. The 2nd floor ladies room is a mix of lovely old structure and new cheap hardware, it's strange. We'll check it out in the summer, looks like it has a large patio.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I had the best time ever. We stayed right after Christmas. The hotel staff provided us with great places to visit during our stay and were very pleasant. I loved the hotel. It looked like it was an old restored hotel but was built a few years ago. I got a warm and cozy feeling when I walked through the lobby doors. The only drawback I would say is that I would have loved it if they served a full breakfast. We were provided with a continental breakfast at no charge but it just wasn't enough. Loved the decor and our room had a fireplace in it. We also had a phenomenal time at the spa. Looking forward to going back in the Spring/Summer.

Room Tip: We were able to look at the corner suite and it was large.
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love Barton Hill. This was our third stay, Once in the summer and twice in the winter, and every time was amazing! this place is quaint and dripping in history. The venue is romantic and every time we have gone for something special, be it valentine's Day or new year's Eve, we have been treated like long-lost family.

The staff are efficient and friendly, the food has been great and the rooms are spacious and yet cozy. Especially nice is the valet-parking. We would highly recommend this venue for New Year's Eve...we will certainly return!

If you like the feel of a B&B but the privacy of a hotel, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a big-city, lavish- hotel atmosphere, this is not for you.

1 Thank mim_ro
Toronto
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went to the Barton to celebrate our anniversary and take a short trip to Buffalo to get our Christmas shopping done. The hotel was beautiful. Lewiston is a really cute little spot. The hotel was on the water and walking distance to the main strip. We found a great little restaurant nearby. The hotel is beautiful and the staff we all so nice and accommodating. We really felt like valued guests. They went out of their way to make us comfortable. The front desk rant to our car to get us an umbrella for our venture out. They also walked us up to breakfast and requested they keep serving even though we were a bit late. A great experience. I can't wait to go back in the summer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
South Landing Inn
South Landing Inn
#1 of 1 in Queenston
Sheraton At The Falls
Sheraton At The Falls
#4 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Ramada Niagara Falls by the River
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
River Rapids Inn
River Rapids Inn
#37 of 129 in Niagara Falls
Comfort Inn The Pointe
Comfort Inn The Pointe
#3 of 51 in Niagara Falls

Been to Niagara Crossing Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!