Barton Hill has the potential to be a wonderful hotel. Stately building, lovely location (1 block from the Niagara River), and our 4th floor “sunset room” was spacious, attractive, with a very comfortable bed, and very welcome A/C which kept us comfortable during the recent July heat wave. (Note: some concern about apparent lack of ventilation in bathroom & wondering how that will work in winter) Our visit was marred with multiple service failures: incomplete room preparation, lax cleaning, poor response to requests for extra towels, no replacement of missing light bulbs etc., poor linen quality, cheap wire hangers, inadequate lighting & shelf space in the very large bathroom. To her credit, the hotel proprietor replied to my email, and indicated that many of the problems we encountered & outlined in detail had already been addressed, and others would improve in the weeks ahead as a result engaging a new cleaning service, planned improvement in linen quality, etc. If so, Barton Hill will shine. If not, Barton Hill will remain a low end motel disguised as a Hotel/Spa, and visitors to the Niagara Falls area would be warned to consider hotels options on the Canadian side for a quality stay. I'm hoping to see Barton Hill achieve her potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa is the Niagara Region's premier destination, combining the charm and comfort of a historic country inn with the service and amenities of a luxury hotel. Guests at the Niagara Crossing will find luxurious accommodations and exceptional personal service, in a serene location perfectly suited for a romantic getaway or a business retreat. All of our elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites are decorated with an historic flair to reflect the heritage of the area, and are also equipped with the most contemporary amenities including fireplaces, flat-panel high-definition televisions, and I-Pod docking stations. Dating as far back as the 1600's, Lewiston and the Niagara Frontier have been the gateway to adventure and commerce along the Great Lakes, and today the Barton Hill Hotel & Spa is known as the premier luxury boutique hotel of the Niagara Region. In addition to stunning rooms and an attentive staff, Niagara Crossing's central location in the charming historic village of Lewiston allows guests to enjoy easy access to some of the area's most exciting attractions and events. Whether you are in the area to enjoy the natural beauty, shoot the Class 5 rapids of the Niagara River Gorge, traveling for business, or just looking to get away from the everyday, you will always find a warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Hotel.de so you can book your Niagara Crossing Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Barton Hill Hotel And Spa
- The Barton Hill Hotel Lewiston