“Great experience!”

Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a wonderful stay. We had a river view room [upgraded by the desk because it was our anniversary] which was very nicely appointed and quite large. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a large shower and good toiletries. We had dinner in the dining room and the food was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and accomodating. The complimentary breakfast was great. Excellent juice and fresh baked goods warm from the oven. That morning there were also baked eggs wrapped in bacon. Every staff member we encountered was helpful friendly. We had no complaints and will certainly go back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the river view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mgreen23
There are newer reviews for Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had my wedding at the Barton Hill in October 2012. We were a little nervous given some of the reviews however the night went off beautifully. It ended up raining and we had to move our cocktail hour inside but the Barton Hill moved quickly and it truly was a stunning evening. The food was amazing, the service was stellar and it we were told byall of our guests that it was the best wedding that they have attended. We look forward to spending many romantic weekends there in the future and highly recommend others do the same! :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie S
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the first time I stayed and it was just amazing! The old schol look and feel of the hotel was just incredible. The staff were very friendly and the beds were extremely comfortable.
The little touches made it special, the fact that the rooms had a fireplace, the alarm clock had nature sounds and an ipod dock, and the breakfast was not just a watered down coffee and muffin there was fruit, bacon wrapped eggs and a lot of other options.
It was also walking distance from the shops and restaraunts in the area. I will definately be going back.
Derik B.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my second visit and I didn't think it could of been any better then the first, but it did. This hotel and staff do not disappoint. The location is perfect, close to shopping and downtown, The breakfast was very good, not your typical muffin and bottle of O.J.. I am already looking forward to my next stay there. Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: I clicked pool and fitness centre. The hotel does not have this.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Let me start by saying this was the first time we had stay at the Barton Hill even though we live in the area. Our son's wedding reception was held there and as it turned out if was one of the most enjoyable experience we have ever had.
The staff was amazing. They eagerly address every issue that came up (as they always do) and made the reception problem free. The food was amazing for the 150 guest and no one had any complaints. The rooms are spacious and well kept and we all felt very comfortable in the old world styling of the decor. The room we stayed in had a four poster bed, two large comfortable chairs, large spacious bath room with a shower that could hold ten, and a flat screen TV, fireplace and quiet air unit. Sure I could find fault if I looked for it, but isn't that true for anyplace.
We had a room with a view of the river which was so enjoyable to view on the early fall morning. The continental breakfast was also superb with both warm and cold entries that we shared with the other wedding guest while reminiscing about the previous night festivities.
Many thanks to the Barton Hill staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed October 19, 2012

After reading a lot of reviews and purchasing a groupon, my husband and I tried this hotel during part of our summer vacation to Niagara Falls and Toronto. Let me start by saying that this hotel is a decent place to stay and has charm with a good view of the Niagara river. It's not the best hotel I've ever stayed in, but it's definitely not the worst either. If you need to stay in the Lewiston area, it's a solid choice. However, I do have some reservations about returning and thought I should list a few of them.

- We stayed on the 4th floor to help minimize the noise that some of the previous reviews mentioned. The only problem with that was the walls are so thin and there's way too much space under the doors, so you can hear everything on your floor.

- For the hotel to be recently built (I think in 2005/2006?) there were tons of issues with the finishings and furnishings. For example, gaps in the crown molding that weren't caulked, shoddy plaster work and repair work on the ceilings, the four-poster bed railings weren't assembled properly, damaged door frames that weren't replaced. This may sound trivial, but when there's so many things that were done improperly its hard to overlook them all.

- The young staff - they're actually a complement to the hotel. Each one I interacted with seemed very courteous and responsible. One even went the extra mile to make me happy after some things couldn't be taken care of immediately. Whoever is training them is doing a great job. The only thing that could make them better is experience - which they'll get if they continue working there.

Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again mostly because the Lewiston area is a great one-time thing. If you need a solid place to sleep, this is acceptable, but should not be touted as luxury. This place definitely has the potential to be really great, but just needs a little TLC (or a really good hotelier). If the points I listed above don't bother you, you'll love the property and should go for it.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Was a quaint hotel in a nice location in Lewiston the building is very historic. We had a groupon which we used so that was nice. The food in the restaurant was good and the staff very helpful.
We were able to walk to town and visit shops. There are many restaurants in the area. It also very close to several winery's so we did some wine tastings.

Room Tip: The riverview room is well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
South Landing Inn
South Landing Inn
#1 of 1 in Queenston
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
#8 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Queen's Landing
Queen's Landing
#5 of 15 in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Been to Niagara Crossing Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!